Internet Connected but Browsers Are Not Working
"All my browsers suddenly stopped working after Windows 10 update. Do you know how to fix this problem? It's urgent, and I need a solution to fix this problem. Help me!"
"Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer all failed to respond when I tried to type something to search online. What's going on with my browsers? I've reboot PC several times, nothing worked. Help!"
Are you having a similar problem with your internet browsers? Computer browsers all stop working without any signals after system update? Worry about losing browsing history? Relax! All these problems can be fixed now with solutions offered in this article.
Repair and Fix Internet Browsers Not Working Error in Windows 10/8/7
Method 1. Update Browsers
Usually, when your internet browsers fail to work or not respond after the system update, the best way to solve this problem is to update browsers.
You can directly update internet browsers from browser settings. Or you can also try to uninstall not working browser, download and install the latest version in your PC.
Note: If you lost internet browser histories after updating browsers, you could follow to restore internet browser history with ease now.
Method 2. Run Network Troubleshooter
Network troubleshooter is a Windows 10 built-in diagnostic tool which supports to fix internet browser problems in Windows system. Follow to fix the issue now:
- Type: troubleshooter in Search and open Troubleshooting;
- Click "Connect to internet" under Network and Internet;
- The wizard will automatically run and scan your computer with potential networking problems;
- The wizard will solve all found issues including internet browser errors;
- When the wizard finishes solving the browser not working problem, restart your computer to keep all changes.
Then you shall be able to use internet browsers properly with ease now.
Method 3. Check and Fix Internal System Errors, Disable Adobe Flash Player in Browsers
Part 1. Check and fix internal system errors
Unknown system errors may also become a reason that block internet browsers from working. You can directly run a CHKDSK command or apply partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master for help.
Here we'll show you how to run EaseUS Partition Master Free to check and fix system errors in PC within 3 steps:
Step 1. Select the target partition that has a problem.
Step 2. Choose "Advanced" > "Check File System".
Step 3. In the Check File System window, check the "Try to fix errors if found" option.
Step 4. Click "Start" to check errors on your partition.
Part 2. Disable Adobe Flash Player which prevents browsers working
Adobe Flash Player is the primary reason which would usually cause browser working stick or fail to respond error. Therefore, it would be quite helpful to disable Adobe Flash Player to fix browsers not responding error. You may follow below steps to disable or stop Adobe Flash Player now:
- Open an internet browser such as Microsoft Edge;
- Open the three-dotted menu, go to "Settings";
- Click on "Advanced Settings" > uncheck "Use Adobe Flash Player" option;
- Restart internet browser again.
Extra Tips: Clear Browsing Data, Turn off Firewall and Antivirus
You can also try to clear up browsing data, turn off firewall and disable or uninstall antivirus software in your PC to get rid of the browser not working or fail to respond issue in your PC.
Was This Page Helpful?
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 8 Free Video Editing Software with NO Watermark in 2020
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes