"This Morning, when I started my Windows 10, I had no icons on the desktop. Now, my only access to the computer is through the Start Button. What can I do to get my desktop icon back? There are a lot of important files and folders on my desktop. They also have gone with desktop icons! Please help me!"
When you are facing this kind of situation, you must be very bothered. Clam down and follow the solutions below to find the missing desktop icons and recover lost desktop files in Windows 10.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Enable the Icons Visibility||Try every USB port available. Click the "Start" menu and search for "Settings"...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Show All Desktop Icons||On the desktop, right-click your mouse and select "view" and check for the "Show desktop icons"...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Disable the Tablet Mode||Open the "Settings "again and click on "System" to open the system settings...Full steps|
|Fix 4. Recover Missing Desktop Files||Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, select location to scan lost folder...Full steps|
Quick Fixes for "Desktop Icons Are Missing in Windows 10"
There three possible ways in tall on this page, you can try them one by one to check which one can help you get the missing Windows 10 desktop icons back.
Step 1. Enabling the Desktop Icons Visibility
- Click the "Start" menu and Search for "Settings".
- Inside Settings, click on "Personalization". From the next window, select the "Themes" tab from the left pane.
- Click on "Desktop icon settings" to open the settings to enable the Desktop icons visibility.
- Select the icons you want to show on the desktop and click on "Apply" and "OK" buttons afterward.
Step 2. Show All Windows Desktop Icons
- On the desktop, right-click your mouse and select "view".
- Inside the View tab, check for the "Show desktop icons" at the bottom. In your case, it might be unmarked. So, mark it as checked by clicking on it.
- Then, you will get your missing icons back at once.
Step 3. Disable the Tablet Mode
Windows 10 has two built-in types of Modes: Desktop and Tablet. If you have enabled the Tablet mode, the Windows 10 desktop icon will be missing.
- Open the "Settings "again and click on "System" to open the system settings.
- On the left pane, click on "Tablet mode" and turn it off. Close the Settings window and check if your desktop icons are visible or not.
How to Recover All Missing Desktop Files
Files often get lost easily when your desktop icon disappears. And files loss also happens when there is a hard drive formatting/damage, OS crash, virus attack, or storage media corruption. But you don't have to worry if you have an effective file recovery tool. EaseUSEaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is famous for data recovery under difficult circumstance. You can use it to recover deleted files, formatted or inaccessible data in various data loss cases. Let's see how it works.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard in Windows 11/10/8/7 and choose the place where you lost data. Then, click "Scan".
Step 2. After the scan, use the file format filter on the left or upper right corner to find the files you need. Then, you can click the "Preview" button or double-click a file to preview its content.
Step 3. Click the checkbox next to the file and click "Recover" to get back the lost data to a secure place.
Was This Page Helpful?
Editor's Pick Review
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.