Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Movies on your Mac may take up a lot of storage space, and you might want to find movies on Mac to remove them at all. We have to admit it can clear system storage on Mac and make the Mac run faster. Maybe some users need to find lost movies and watch them. Before learning how to find movies on Mac, there are plenty of reasons can cause you cannot find movies on Mac:
- ❌The movies are not saved on Mac, and you should go check USB flash drives or external hard drives.
- 📁The movies are moved to another folder on Mac. If you cannot find movies in the original folder, check other folders as well.
- 🎵The movies cannot play with your media player, so you cannot find movies with the player.
- 🙈The movies are hidden on Mac, so you cannot find them directly. You just need to unhide them.
- 🗑️The movies are accidentally deleted on Mac, and you'll need the EaseUS recovery tool to get them back.
Despite the quick solutions like checking other storage devices, checking other folders, and showing hidden movies on Mac, we will introduce four additional methods to help you find movies on Mac. It will be wise to mark this passage by sharing it.
Actually, when you cannot find movies on Mac, the movies are most likely deleted. It is harder to recover deleted videos on Mac than photos because video files are usually very large, especially movies.
To recover deleted movies, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will be your first choice. This professional video recovery software can recover deleted movies, family videos, game recordings, and other video files quickly. You just need some simple operations to retrieve lost or deleted files on Mac.
Here are the main features of this recovery program. You can check the following information to learn more:
- Recover deleted videos from Mac startup disks, USB flash drives, external hard drives, SD cards, and digital cameras.
- Recover deleted photos on Mac. You can recover screenshots, selfies, family photos, wedding photos, and other images on Mac.
- Retrieve Excel, Word, PPT, and PDF files on Mac. You don't have to worry lost essential work files on Mac anymore.
- Repair corrupted photos, videos, and documents on Mac and other storage devices with this powerful recovery and repair product.
In only three steps, all the deleted movies on Mac will be back:
Note: You can create a backup by clicking the "Disk Backup" on the left first. The software will recover the deleted files from the backup image. It can prevent further damage to your disk and data, making it safer and more reliable.
Step 1. Scan for deleted files
Select the hard drive, external drive, or SSD where your important data & files were deleted and click "Search for lost files".
Step 2. Filter the lost files
The software will run quick and deep scans and work hard to find as many deleted files as possible on the selected volume. Filter wanted files through the "Type" and "Path" options.
Step 3. Recover deleted files
Double-click the deleted files to preview. Then, click the "Recover" button to get them back.
You may encounter issues like the Movies folder are not there in Mac Finder, so you cannot find movies on Mac in Finder. You can follow the steps to find movies on Mac in the Movies folder with Finder:
Step 1. Activate and launch the Finder on Mac.
Step 2. Find the Movies folder from the sidebar. If there's no such thing, click "Finder" in the menu bar, and choose "Preferences".
Step 3. Click on "Sidebar" and find "Movies". Check this option.
Step 4. Then, you can reopen the finder window and find movies in the Movies folder. You can restore the Downloads folder in the same way. If you cannot find the Downloads folder, check this page to restore it.
4 Best Ways to Restore Downloads Folder on Mac
If you cannot find the Downloads folder on Mac, you can restore the Downloads folder on Mac to the Dock. Read more >>
This method is very simple, but with one condition, you need to know the file name of the missing movie files on Mac. If you know the file names, follow the instructions below to find movies on Mac with Spotlight:
Step 1. Use the Spotlight shortcut to wake up Mac Spotlight.
Step 2. Type in the file name and press the Return key to search for movies on Mac.
When you can't find a file on Mac, you can use the Spotlight and other methods to get it back:
4 Solutions to Fix 'Can't Find a File on Mac'
Can't find a file on Mac? Don't worry, and it is simple to find your missing files on Mac. Read more >>
If you have more than one Apple device, you may download and watch movies with iTunes most of the time. To find movies on Mac, you'd better go check the iTunes.
Step 1. Launch iTunes on Mac by clicking the icon.
Step 2. Select "Movies" in the library to show all the downloaded or purchased movies on Mac.
- You can sync movies and music with iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and iMac with iTunes. And iTunes supports M4V, MP4, MOV video files.
Have you found movies on Mac with the introduced methods in this passage? If you don't want to lose movies on Mac, you can store them on an external hard drive or iCloud. If you have noticed that the movies are deleted, don't forget EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac! This tool will help you get back deleted movies safe and sound.
Find Movies on Mac FAQs
We have prepared four frequently asked questions about our topic:
1. How to recover iMovie projects on Mac?
You have five methods to recover iMovie projects on Mac:
- 1. Recover iMovie projects on a Mac with recovery software
- 2. Retrieve deleted iMovie projects on a Mac from Trash
- 3. Recover iMovie projects on a Mac from Library
- 4. Recover iMovie projects on a Mac with iMovie backups
- 5. Retrieve iMovie projects on a Mac with Time Machine
2. Where can I find downloaded movies on Mac?
If you have downloaded movies from web browsers, you can go to the browser's download folder or check the Downloads folder on Mac. The Downloads folder is usually in Dock. If you have downloaded movies from a third-party media player, you can check the default download folder of the software to find downloaded movies.
3. How do I fix movies not playing on Mac?
If you encountered MOV files won't play on Mac, or MP4 files cannot be opened on Mac. You can repair the corrupted movie files on Mac with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac. You can drag the movie files to the window, and the software will automatically repair corrupted videos.
4. How do I put movies on iTunes?
Select "File"> "Add File to Library" or "Add Folder to Library" in the iTunes program on your computer. Click "Open" after finding a file or folder. All of the movies in a folder are added to your library.
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
Jean/Aug 22, 2023
Jean/Aug 22, 2023
Dany/Aug 22, 2023
Jean/Aug 22, 2023