A bootable USB drive is required to install Windows or repair a damaged Windows. But how to make a USB bootable from an ISO of Windows 11? Don't worry. In the previous article, we discussed creating a Bootable USB from ISO Windows 10. This article from EaseUS will describe how to create bootable USB from ISO Windows 11 and introduce Windows 11 USB bootable USB creator tool.
Windows 11 OS has gained more popularity due to its benefits, such as dependability, an improved user experience, safety, etc. As a result, most of you may have already purchased or upgraded Windows 11 for your computer. However, some might use a Windows 11 ISO image for a clean install.
Creating a Windows 11 bootable USB lets you boot your computer using the file system stored on the flash drive rather than the hardware. In addition, creating a Windows 11 bootable USB allows you to enjoy many advantages:
- Clean install Windows 11. The common use of a bootable USB drive is to install or run Windows OS without a CD or DVD. You can use it to install a Windows OS on your computer if it is new or damaged.
- Troubleshooting. In a system failure, a bootable USB device can be used as a recovery tool. Using a bootable USB drive, you can quickly and easily replace the operating system on your computer when it has a significant issue that cannot be fixed.
- Configure multiple computers. A bootable USB drive can save a studio or business from repeatedly downloading an ISO file to deploy several computers simultaneously.
In the next section, you can learn how to create a bootable USB from ISO for Windows 11 installation. Keep reading!
You can use many methods when creating a bootable USB on Windows 11 from ISO. For example, you can use Command Prompt to make a bootable USB from an ISO image file. But using CMD is not suitable for beginners because it is too complicated. Therefore, 3 commonly used ways to create a bootable USB from ISO will be shared with you. Let's come to the details.
- Way 1. Using Professional Bootable USB Creator Tool
- Way 2. Using Rufus to Burn ISO to USB Drive
- Way 3. Using Windows Media Creation Tool
When creating a Windows bootable USB flash drive, the easiest way is to utilize a professional bootable USB drive creator tool. This kind of software lets you create a Windows bootable USB without downloading or using an ISO file. EaseUS OS2Go is exactly the one that can meet your needs.
EaseUS OS2Go is a professional Windows To Go creator for Windows 11/10/8/7. It helps you create a bootable USB with/without ISO and install Windows 10 without a Microsoft account. And it lets you automatically download a desired Windows version with a few simple clicks and install Windows 10/11 step by step. In addition, it can help you run Windows on a Mac computer without boot camp.
The following is what makes this bootable USB creator so recommendable.
- Bypass Windows installation requirement. It lets you install Windows 11 without TPM and secure boot.
- Easy-to-use interface. It has a simple, intuitive interface to help you create a portable Windows To Go USB easily and quickly.
- Install multiple operating systems. You can use it to install two operating systems on one computer.
- Make Windows portable. It enables you to create a portable Windows for Windows 10/11.
- Run Windows on macOS. It allows you to play a Windows game on your Mac and make a bootable Windows USB for your Mac.
Steps to create Windows 11 bootable media using EaseUS OS2Go.
- EaseUS OS2Go already prepared the Windows 11 ISO file, so you just need to select the Windows 11 version to create a Windows 11 bootable USB from ISO.
Step 1. Install EaseUS OS2Go on your Windows computer. Plug in a USB drive or external hard drive that is large enough.
Step 2. Choose the third tab "Windows Install Drive Creator". First choose the Windows versions you want to install, EaseUS OS2Go supports creating Windows 11/10/8.1 installation media. You could also select a local ISO file. When all set, click "Create".
Step 3. Then you will see a safety warning message, telling you that all data on the selected disk will be deleted. Click "Continue" to proceed.
Step 4. Then EaseUS OS2Go will start to create the Windows Installation media. It usually takes a while to download a ISO file, the time it takes depend on your OS and Network condition. When the progress reaches 100%, the USB drive should be bootable now.
Step 5. Insert the Windows Installation media to your computer and start the installation process.
In addition, you can also try another way to create a bootable Windows 11 from ISO. First, you need to download a Windows 11 ISO file and then use USB bootable software, like Rufus, to burn it to your USB drive. Therefore, this method involves downloading the Windows 11 ISO file and burning it to a USB drive using Rufus. Here is how to go for it.
Part 1. Download Windows 11 ISO File
To download the Windows 11 ISO file, head for the Windows 11 download page and then click Download for the Windows 11 ISO file. Next, select a path to save the ISO file to your computer. Then follow the wizard to proceed with the operations.
Part 2. Burn It to USB Drive
Some of you may want to utilize USB bootable software like Rufus to produce bootable USB from ISO. Rufus, free, open-source, and simple to use, is regarded as one of the most excellent Windows 11 USB tools since it can make bootable USB drives for several operating systems.
Follow the steps to utilize Rufus to burn the Windows 11 ISO file to your USB flash drive.
Step 1. Go to download Rufus from its official website.
Step 2. Launch this ISO to USB burning tool, then insert your USB drive into your computer.
Step 3. Rufus will automatically detect the USB drive connected to your computer. You need to click Select to select the Windows 11 ISO file you already downloaded. Next, keep other options in Rufus to default values. Then, hit START to create a Windows 11 bootable USB from ISO.
Step 4. Rufus will start to burn ISO to the USB drive, which will take some time. When the Status shows ready (in green), tap CLOSE to exit the tool.
After creating the Windows 11 USB bootable drive, you can boot your computer from it and start installing Windows 11 or enter the computer repair environment for a fix from the drive.
Microsoft offers a utility called Windows Media Creation Tool, enabling you to download a Windows ISO file and directly make a bootable USB to install Windows. In addition, it also lets you create an iso image from a hard drive or your existing operating system. Follow the instruction below to make Windows 11 bootable installation media from ISO.
Step 1. Go to the Windows 11 download page and click Download Now for the Media Creation Tool. After installation, launch it. You may need to be the administrator to run it. If you agree with the license terms, click Accept.
Step 2. On the What do you want to do window, choose the Create installation media for another PC option, then choose Next.
Step 3. Choose the language and edition for Windows 11.
- The Media Creation Tool will download an ISO with the same language, edition, and architecture as the present PC if the Use the recommended options for this PC box is left checked.
Step 4. Select USB flash drive on Choose which media you want to use window.
Step 5. Select the USB connected to your computer from the list, and click Next.
Step 6. The Tool will start downloading Windows 11 to the selected USB drive.
Step 7. Click Finish when you see Your USB flash drive is ready.
To Wrap Things Up
Now, you know the top ways to create bootable USB from ISO Windows 11. After the Windows 11 media creation is finished, you can clean install Windows 11 and troubleshoot your computer in case of a system failure.
Among the 3 ways to create Windows 11 bootable USB from ISO, EaseUS OS2Go is highly recommendable. This is because it offers more practical features than creating bootable media, such as installing multiple systems, running Windows on Mac, and solving the WinToUSB not working issue. More features are here for you to explore. Download and try it.
1. How to burn ISO to USB without software?
To create a bootable USB without any software, open the My Computer window, right-click on the DVD drive, and then choose Open to view the contents of the ISO image. Transfer all of the DVD's data and folders to the USB drive.
2. How to run bootable USB without BIOS?
There is no way to boot your PC from a USB drive if the USB boot is disabled without going via the BIOS. Contact the laptop's manufacturer's customer service if you don't know the bios password; they should be able to assist you. However, it might be essential to present evidence proving your laptop ownership.
3. Why is my USB not booting in UEFI mode?
If Windows won't boot from a bootable USB drive and your computer supports UEFI, and you're trying to install Windows in UEFI mode, ensure your bootable USB is formatted in the FAT32 file system. You can't use a USB flash drive with the NTFS file system to boot and install Windows in UEFI mode.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Create portable Windows to USB
- Copy installed Windows OS to USB
- Clone Winodws OS drive to USB
- Run Windows 11 on any PC
- Run Windows 11 on unsupported PC
- Run Windows 11/10 on a Mac