Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Microsoft Access is a database management system (DBMS) from Microsoft. It combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software-development tools. It is a member of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, included in the Professional and higher editions or sold separately.
Microsoft Access stores data in its own format based on the Access Jet Database Engine. It can also import or link directly to data stored in other applications and databases. Access file is a file with extension name as .mdb (Microsoft Office Access 2003 and earlier) and .accdb(Microsoft Office Access 2007).
If you lost important access file on your hard disk, you can get them back with the help of file recovery software.
Free Access Data Recovery Software (Recommended)
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition is a FREE, fast, safe and easy recovery solution to recover lost Access file from any storage device. It provides easy and quick data recovery solutions to recover your lost data. Generally, if the lost file is not damaged or overwritten, EaseUS free data recovery software can recover it easily. Besides, it has many other highlights:
- 100% secure and clean to install.
- Retrieve your lost data after a format on your device.
- Quickly recover data from unexpected lost caused by accidental deletion or virus attack.
- When a hard drive is corrupted, it becomes inaccessible. This software allows users to regain data.
- Recover all types of lost files: photos, documents, videos, audio, emails, compressed files, etc.
- Recover files from a crashed Windows operating system. Boot with a downloadable WinPE when your system fails to start or crashes.
How to Recover Microsoft Access Files
Download this Access recovery freeware. And you can get back lost Access data with simple clicks.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS file recovery software on your computer. Choose the exact location where you lost the files and click the Scan button.
Step 2. The software will immediately start scanning the drive and very soon the deleted files will show up. When the process is over, you can filter the document files.
Step 3. Select files (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and click the Recover button. You can browse for a different location to save the recovered files.
Extra Tip: Repair Access database and restore Access Files
1. Restore the database from a backup file.
2. Delete the .ldb file that is auto-created by the Jet database engine when the database is opened.
3. Use the Jet Compact Utility that has been specifically designed to rectify minor corruptions in the Access database.
4. Remove all compiled VBA code from the database. This can be done using this command line switch from Microsoft:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MsAccess.exe /decompile C:\DatabasePath\FileName.mdb
Note: You may need to change the path shown above for MsAccess.exe if you installed it to a different location.
5. Use the built-in Access 2010 "Compact & Repair" feature. Here are the steps to fix Access database corruption using this feature:
- Open MS Access (not the database file) and go to Database Tools > Compact & Repair Database.
- Locate the corrupted database file and click "OK".
- The selected database file will be rectified on completion of the process.
6. Import the corrupt database into a new Access 2010 database file by using the following steps:
- Open MS Access and create a new database file.
- Click on Access to Import Access database under the External Data tab.
7. In the next window that pops up, click "Browse" and locate the database file while is to be imported.
- Specify the place and technique to store data in the new database and click "OK".
- From the next window select, all database objects that you want to import and click "OK".
8. If even after all the above techniques, the database corruption persists, the recommended solution would be to buy a premium quality third-party Access database repair software or else send the database to an Access repair company.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More