Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Is Android data recovery without root possible
With the increasing popularity of Android phones, data loss disasters also occur more and more frequently due to accidental deletion, virus attack, memory card errors or some other reasons.
Fortunately, there is a lot of third-party Android data recovery software that can help Android users to retrieve their lost data. However, all these software require users to root Android device before data recovery.
Most Android users feel reluctant to root the device as it violates the warranty. Some manufacturers won't take the responsibility if the rooted set was ruined or damaged, even the causes are non-artificial factors, such as hardware failure or OS errors.
So, is it possible to perform Android data recovery without root? Yes. Read on and you'll find two reliable methods that will assist you in resolving this issue with ease.
Method 1. Recover deleted photos and videos from Android SD card (without root)
Most Android phone and devices allow users to add an expanded memory sd card into the cellphone, extending Android memory. And many of them tend to save multimedia files like photos, videos, music files, etc. on the card. If you are one of these people, losing photos, videos, etc. on Android memory SD card, don't worry.
EaseUS data recovery software enables you to recover data from Android phone memory card. You don't need to root the device at all.
- EaseUS data recovery software can only recover data like photos and videos from Android memory cards.
- Files like text messages and contacts which are saved in the internal memory will not be recovered. Professional Android data recovery software can help.
Now download this software and learn how to recover deleted files from an Android memory card with ease.
Step 1. Choose the location and start scanning
Hover on the SD card, camera, or hard drive partition where you deleted/lost pictures, then click "Scan".
Step 2. Select the pictures you want to recover
Once the scanning completes, select "Pictures" in the left panel. If you want to locate the lost photos, click "Lost" on the top list. Then, you can find photos according to the devices, types, and dates.
Step 3. Recover lost photos
After the preview, click "Recover" and choose another location to save the desired pictures.
Video Tutorial: Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card
Method 2. Recover deleted photos/videos from Android internal memory (without root)
When you lost photos or videos, you also have many options, including restoring lost photos from Google photos, android backup, or using Android data recovery software for help.
Follow to recover your lost Android photos and videos with ease:
# 1. Recover lost photos/videos from Android backup
If you have created a backup of valuable files like photos, videos, contacts, etc. on your Android phone, you can effectively get them back without rooting the device:
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" on Android phone, tap on "Account".
- Step 2: Sign in with your account and password.
- Step 3: Tap "Backup and Restore", click "Restore".
- Then select the backup which contains your lost photos and videos to restore.
Wait for the recovery process to complete, you can reuse the lost files again on your phone again.
# 2. Restore photos and videos with Google Photos
If you used Google Photos to manage your photos and videos on Android phone, you can restore the deleted items within 60 days from Trash:
- Step 1: Open Google Photos app on Android phone, tap "Menu" at the top left.
- Step 2: Open the Trash, select the photos and videos you want to restore.
- Step 3: Tap "Restore" at the bottom.
- Photos and videos to go back to the original location on your phone - the photo gallery, Google Photos library, albums, etc.
# 3. Restore lost photos/videos from Android internal memory (root required)
If you had no backup and didn't use Google Photos to manage photos and videos on Android phone, your last option is to use reliable Android data recovery software for help. Also, rooting the device is required.
- Rooting Android phone will violate the warranty provided by the cellphone producer and you may not be able to receive a new system update.
- If the lost photos, videos matters more, you must stand this and root the device for further file recovery.
Here is a tutorial video to root your device:
After rooting the Android phone, you can apply EaseUS Android Data Recovery to restore the lost photos and videos on Android phone with ease. Both Windows and app version can help.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More