Top 12 Best Streaming Video Recorder for All Platforms
Streaming video is content sent in compressed form over the Internet and displayed by the viewer in real-time. That is to say: streaming is what happens when consumers watch TV or listen to podcasts on Internet-connected devices. When you are enjoying online movies from thousands of video sites, such as YouTube, Google Video, etc. you may wonder how you can save these videos to watch them offline. However, most of the streaming videos can not be downloaded, then how?
The easiest way is to record these videos with a streaming video recorder. Here, we have carefully tested and chosen the top 12 best free streaming video recorder software for both beginners and professionals. With the help of it, you can easily record streaming videos from tons of video sites.
- Best 10 Streaming Video Recorder for Windows and Mac
- Best 2 Streaming Video Recorder App on iPhone and Android
- FAQs About Streaming Video Recorder
This part shows you the 10 best streaming video recorder software on Windows and Mac. To find your satisfactory one, you can take a quick look at the below table.
|Product||Operating System||Area Selection||Editing Tools||Sharing Platforms|
|VLC Media Player||Win/Mac/Linux||Yes||Yes||No|
|Adobe Presenter II||Win/Mac||No||No||No|
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts (Win/Mac)
EaseUS RecExperts is one of the best free screen recorder software on the market. It is compatible with both Windows and macOS, and much friendly to the novices. This screen recorder can help you record streaming video and save them as high-quality video files. Besides, you can set the output format and the resolution before recording, so as to play the recorded videos on your desired players or devices.
Apart from a streaming video recorder, it is also a streaming audio recorder. You can choose to record YouTube audio, internet radio, or capture computer audio (from the computer or microphone) with this screen recording software.
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Record anything and activities on your screen, and export the recorded video in the best results
- Support creating recording tasks automatically
- No watermark on the recorded videos (Mac version)
- Work as a GIF recorder to capture your screen to a GIF
Want to know more stunning features about EaseUS RecExperts? Don't hesitate to click the below button.
Top 2. Flashback Express (Win)
It is not only an easy-to-use streaming video recorder but also a powerful video editor. This tool can be functional and perfect for recording live streaming videos. Flashback Express ranks at the top of the streaming video recorders today for a variety of reasons. The most important one is the ability to record movies with no watermarks and time limits.
- Record anywhere on your PC screen
- Record movies with no watermarks or length limits
- Give the facility of adding audio commentary as you record
- Easy sharing - upload to Youtube or download file
- Only free for 30 days
- The free version doesn't include any video editing features
- Limited video output formats: MP4, AVI, WMV
Top 3. Monosnap (Win/Mac)
Monosnap service is more than just a screenshot and video tool, cloud storage, or secure content management - it's a simplified workflow of your team. The program is designed to be customizable, which allows individuals to specify all kinds of different screen-viewing and hotkey adjusting options when it comes to capturing the perfect screenshot.
- Free without feature limitation
- Record video as well as system sound
- Record in 60fps to ensure an ultra-smooth playback
- Easy to operate even for beginners
- Video editing is not possible
- Mobile devices cannot be recorded
Top 4. Screencast-O-Matic (Win/Mac)
Trusted by school systems, fortune 100 companies, and individuals in 190 countries, this software is a fast and free streaming video recorder software. You can not only record your screen but also edit your videos with necessary editing tools. This is a Java-based cross-platform web app that has been developed to enable users to record screencasts across different operating systems. With this streaming video capture, you can record streaming videos on various platforms easily.
- Straightforward to use
- Automatic publishing options
- Intuitive interface
- If Java is not updated or installed on your computer system, it may give users trouble viewing or creating videos
Top 5. QuickTime Player (Mac)
You must be familiar with QuickTime Player if you are a Mac user. It is more than a video player. It is also a video editor and streaming video capture software. QuickTime screen recorder uses onscreen controls, which are similar to a CD or DVD player. Also, while capturing streaming video, you can flexibly adjust the recording area, like a full screen, selected region, etc.
- Record audio with video simultaneously
- Record Skype videos in full screen
- Ability to save videos from the web
- Limited recording functionality
- System audio recording is not possible
Top 6. OBS Studio (Win/Mac/Linux)
OBS Studio is free and open source screen recorder for video recording and live streaming. It lets you record all kinds of videos from various streaming sites without much effort. Its Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording. Most importantly, it is completely free and can run well Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It supports streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- It supports full screen, windows, region, webcam, microphone, etc., recording
- No watermark or time limit
- No "pause" function for recording
- Sometimes, maintainers build different packages inside it
Top 7. VLC Media Player (Win/Mac/Linux)
VLC is a free, open-source, and cross-platform multimedia player. Many people are used to treating VLC as simply a free video player. In addition to that, it is a great helper to record live streaming videos. You just need to copy and paste the URL in VLC, and a few simple steps later, you can get the recorded videos on your computer.
- Work well on Window, Mac, and Linux
- Stream media over the network or internet
- No extra software is needed
- Can only capture the entire screen
- Doesn't have the video editing option
Top 8. ActivePresenter (Win/Mac)
ActivePresenter is a screencasting and eLearning software for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X, which can be used to create software demonstrations, software simulations, and quizzes. What's more, it is also an easy-to-use screen recorder. You can use it to capture anything on your screen including videos, presentations, and some others.
- Multi-platform support
- High-quality screen recordings
- Allow creating responsive content, for all types of devices
- The free edition has a watermark
Top 9. Adobe Presenter II (Win/Mac)
Adobe Presenter is the rapid development tool used by government clients to create web-based, asynchronous training. It is an eLearning solution and streaming video recorder released by Adobe available on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms. The primary purpose of Adobe Presenter is to capture on-screen presentations and convert them into more interactive and engaging videos.
- It has excellent tools available to make an interactive training product, such as the Quiz Manager
- It supports most of the options in an instructional design plan, including the opportunity to let different users explore different learning paths
- Limited features available for our macOS users
- SWF files generated when content is published
Top 10. ShareX (Win)
ShareX is a free streaming video recorder that lets you capture or record any area of your screen. What's more, screen captures and recordings can be uploaded to a range of cloud services, including image hosting and general online storage, and even social media.
- Offer screen capture and recording
- Lots of sharing options
- Scrolling page capture
- Doesn't support to specify the recording resolution
- Not for beginners
Some of you may look for a streaming video recorder app to capture streaming video on your iPhone or Android. If you are one of them, you can try the following apps.
Top 1. AZ Recorder
AZ Screen Recorder is one of the best streaming video recorder apps for mobile users. It provides stable and fluid screen recording. Using it, you can easily and quickly record popular streaming video, game video, and even video calls with your family and friends. Apart from that, this streaming video recording app enables you to record internal audio, which will be helpful when you need to capture gameplay, video tutorial with internal audio.
- No need for root
- No recording time limit
- Built in a video editor
- Stream screen to YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and more
- Contain ads
Top 2. DU Recorder
DU Recorder is another live streaming video recording application. It lets you capture anything on your phone screen flexibly without rooting. What's more, you can set the FPS, video quality (up to 1080p), and some others before your recording. Working with DU Recorder, you can edit the recordings using the bulit-in editing tools directly once the recording is done.
- Completely free
- Offer video editing tools
- Limitless screen recording
- Cannot record voice while recording screen
This page cover 12 best free streaming video recorder to help you record Youtube videos, TV shows, or other live streaming videos with ease. All these streaming video recorders come with valuable features and applications. You can select the best streaming recorder according to your needs.
If you are a beginner, EaseUS RecExperts is your best choice. This streaming video recorder not only can help you save the live streaming video but capture the audio with high quality. Once done, you can upload the recording to popular websites easily. EaseUS RecExperts can do more than you imagine. Now just have a try!
1. How do I record streaming video?
To record streaming video, you need to find an excellent screen recorder first. Then open the streaming video, select the recording area, and adjust other settings. After all done, you can begin your recording.
2. What is the best streaming video recorder?
There are many streaming video recorder tools on the market, and we pick the best 12 streaming video recorder you can try. If you are a beginner, you can try EaseUS RecExperts; if you are a pro, OBS Studio is your best choice.
3. Can you record a streaming program?
Yes, you can record a streaming program with streaming video recorders we mentioned in this post. If you want to know how to record streaming video, this post will be helpful.