Table of Contents
About the Author
Reviews and Awards
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Nintendo Switch SD Card Data Loss
Nintendo Switch has limited internal storage, and it can be set to store game data, videos, and screenshots on an SD card. Many Nintendo game fans don't want to lose data of Super Mario series games, Zelda, and Splatoon on Nintendo Switch. But SD cards may encounter issues, your NS may face emergencies, and the game data may lose accidentally. Why do you lose data from your Nintendo Switch SD card?
- Delete game data to free up Nintendo Switch SD card space.
- Accidentally formatted the SD card on Nintendo Switch.
- Faulty operations on Nintendo Switch cause data loss.
- Incorrect ejection of SD card on Mac causes data loss.
- Nintendo Switch SD card corrupted or damaged.
We have four available solutions to recover data from a Nintendo Switch SD card, and you can retrieve data on NS or Mac device.
Method 1. Recover Data from Nintendo Switch SD Card on Mac
When you put screenshots and game videos on an NS SD card, the SD card may be erased or formatted by mistake. It is hard to recover lost photos and videos on Nintendo Switch, and it is possible to recover formatted SD cards on Mac.
Why does EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac stand out with so many functional SD card recovery Mac programs?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Recover deleted pictures, videos, documents, audio, and emails from SD cards.
- Support video repair when users find their game screen recordings are corrupted on Nintendo Switch SD card.
- Perform corrupted SD card recovery on Mac. This software can help you retrieve most format files from a corrupted Nintendo Switch SD card.
Step 1. Select the SD card
- Correctly connect your memory card to your Mac. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac.
- Go to "SD Card Recovery", find your Canon/Nikon/Go Pro/DJI/Sony SD card, and click "Search for lost files".
Step 2. Filter lost SD card data
After the scan, all files will be presented in the left panel in the scan results. Find wanted photos, videos, and other files.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
Preview the SD card data and select the wanted files. Then, click the "Recover" button. Don't save the recoverable files to the SD card itself in case of data overwriting.
Method 2. Restore Data from NS SD Card from Cloud Backup
Nintendo Switch Online users can back up game data to cloud service automatically. To join the online membership, you can pay 19.99 USD a year as an individual user or 34.99 USD for a whole family.
We will show you two ways to restore game data from Nintendo Switch SD card from cloud backup.
Download Game Data from Game Menu:
Step 1. Unlock your Nintendo Switch and choose a game you want to restore data from.
Step 2. Press the -/+ buttons to open the game settings and details.
Step 3. Use the Joy-Con to select "Save Data Cloud".
Step 4. Select a user.
Step 4. Then, you can see the specific time and backup size on the right side. Select "Download Save Data".
Download Cloud Backup from System Settings:
Step 1. Choose the gear icon from the Nintendo Switch's Home menu.
Step 2. Scroll down to select "Data Management" and "Save Data Cloud".
Step 3. You will be asked to choose a user account that has joined Nintendo Online Membership.
Step 4. Choose a game you want to restore data from, and select "Download Save Data".
Method 3. Re-download Data from eShop on Nintendo Switch
If you accidentally deleted the whole game on Nintendo Switch without local backups, you can try re-download this game by logging in eShop on Nintendo Switch. That also helps you recover data from a Nintendo Switch SD card.
Step 1. Choose a user account that can download the target game and log in eShop.
Step 2. Open "Account Information" in eShop, and choose "Re-download".
Step 3. The game will be re-downloaded after pressing the cloud download icon.
Method 4. Retrieve Game Data from NS SD Card with Time Machine
If you have connected your Nintendo Switch SD card to the Mac, Mac Time Machine may back up your SD card automatically, and you can recover lost game data or media files from Mac Time Machine backup.
Step 1. Connect the NS SD card to the local Mac.
Step 2. Launch Time Machine backup on the Mac and select a previous backup to restore.
Step 3. Click "Restore" and make sure the destination is the NS SD card.
Step 4. Insert the target SD card into Nintendo Switch and restart it.
Don't be frustrated when you encounter a data loss on the Nintendo Switch SD card, and the above four tested ways can help you easily recover data from the Nintendo Switch SD card on Mac or NS.
Downloading a handy tool called EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will be a wise choice to avoid SD card data loss. Click the following button to free download the Trail version of this recovery software.
Recover Data from Nintendo Switch SD Card FAQs
After learning how to recover data from Nintendo Switch SD card in four ways, we find the answers to some frequently asked questions to help you learn more:
1. Any possible ways to recover game data from a Nintendo Switch SD card?
The following four ways are available to recover game data from a Nintendo Switch SD card:
- 1. Recover Data from Nintendo Switch SD Card on Mac with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac.
- 2. Restore Game Data from Nintendo Switch SD Card from Cloud Backup.
- 3. Re-download Data from eShop on Nintendo Switch.
- 4. Retrieve Data from Nintendo Switch SD Card with Time Machine.
2. What is the best Nintendo Switch SD card recovery software?
The following five software is the best SD card recovery software for Mac:
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
- 2. Stellar Data Recovery for Mac
- 3. PhotoRec
- 4. CardRescue Mac
- 5. Data Rescue 6
3. How do I access files from the SD card on NS?
You cannot use the NS system to control the files on your SD Card, nor can you see any files that the program you are running does not support. The files that are saved on your SD Card must be managed on a computer.
4. How to recover Nintendo Switch screenshots from an SD card on Mac?
The best way to recover Nintendo Switch screenshots from an SD card on Mac is by applying for an SD card recovery program – EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac:
- 1. Remove the SD card from the Nintendo Switch SD card, and connect it to a Mac device.
- 2. Scan the SD card with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac to find screenshots.
- 3. You can find the lost game screenshots quickly with the Filter option.
- 4. Choose a destination and recover your lost game screenshots on Mac.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and loves various electronic products.
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
How to Fix Internal Hard Drive Not Showing Up on Mac [7 Available Methods]
Dany/Feb 22, 2023
What Is the Other in My Mac Storage and How to Clear It
Jean/Feb 22, 2023
Seagate Hard Drive Not Showing Up on Mac? Fix It!
Jean/Apr 26, 2023
How to Recover Deleted Files on Mac After Emptied Trash Bin (2023 Tips)
Daisy/Feb 22, 2023