Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Micro SD card not detected
- on Windows 10 computer:
"When I plug my 2GB Micro SD card into my Windows 10 laptop to transfer data, it is not showing up. Is there any corrupted Micro SD card repair software that can help to recover my data?"
- on Android mobile phone:
"My mobile is not detecting a microSD card. And I try to access it with my PC, it is still not showing up. Does anyone know how to recover data from an undetected Micro SD card? I have important data over there."
Fix Micro SD card not recognized by PC, Android phone or 3DS
Nowadays, Micro SD cards are widely used on PCs, Android mobile phones, 3DSs, cameras, and other digital devices to save data. But sometimes, the card can get damaged and stop being recognized. The symptoms vary. Sometimes, the Micro SD card is not showing up on Android mobile or in My Computer. Sometimes, it appears but cannot open. Sometimes, you might get the error 'Please insert a disk into removable disk', 'Android phone cannot find micro SD card' or 'There are no valid media'. In all these situations, how to fix unreadable SD card and recover data becomes a problem. Read on to learn the solution.
Step 1. Recover data from Micro SD card not detected
1. Connect your Micro SD card to PC, download and launch EaseUS free data recovery software, select the card and click the "Scan" button.
2. The software will soon find the lost & existing data on the card.
3. After the scan has finished, preview and choose the files you want. Finally, click "Recover" button to retrieve and save them your PC or another disk.
Step 2. Repair corrupted Micro SD card not detected or showing up
Here are three methods to fix the not detected SD card :
Method 1. Update driver for Micro SD card
1. Open "Computer" and choose "System Properties".
2. In the taskbar on the left, click "device manager" and next to "USB controller" click "+".Then you'll see a yellow exclamation mark.
3. Right-click and choose "update driver software", then click "automatically search for driver software online"...
Wait patiently and let the driver to be installed and reboot your computer. After doing so, you can try to reconnect your Micro SD card with a computer and to check whether it can be detected or not.
Method 2. Format Micro SD card using Disk Management tool
1. Click Start and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools and then click Computer Management.
3. When the window opens, click on Disk Management and then find the device in the drive viewer.
4. Then you can right-click on the Micro SD card and select Format to directly format the Micro SD card.
Disk Management is not the unique disk formatting tool you can use, likewise, you can format a micro SD card using Windows, CMD, and software.
Method 3. Repair corrupted or unreadable Micro SD card with CMD
1. Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power users menu.
2. In the power users menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
3. Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
4. In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your Micro SD card letter.
EaseUS CleanGenius is a user-friendly computer fixing tool that is both safe and lightweight. It's a perfect alternative to CHKDSK command. Use this one-click tool to fix the damaged file system easily.
Step 1. DOWNLOAD EaseUS CleanGenius on your computer and complete the installation.
Step 2. Run the software. Click "Optimization", and then choose "File Showing" .
Step 3. Select the drive with a corrupted file system. Tick the "Check and fix file system error" option and click "Execute".
Step 4. Wait the tool performs the repairing task. After that, click the "here" button to check the drive.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More