The 2-step guide is offered here to fix the 'Micro SD card not detected' issue in Windows 10/8/7 and other versions. Try to repair and recover data from corrupted Micro SD card which is not detected, recognized, reading or showing up in PC, Android mobile phone, 3DS, camera or other digital devices.
Micro SD card not detected
- on Windows 10 computer:
"When I plug my 2GB Micro SD card into my Windows 10 laptop to transfer data, it is not showing up. Is there any corrupted Micro SD card repair software that can help to recover my data?"
- on Android mobile phone:
"My mobile is not detecting a microSD card. And I try to access it with my PC, it is still not showing up. Does anyone know how to recover data from undetected Micro SD card? I have important data over there."
Two steps to fix Micro SD card not recognized by PC, Android phone or 3DS
Nowadays, Micro SD cards are widely used on PCs, Android mobile phones, 3DSs, cameras, and other digital devices to save data. But sometimes, the card can get damaged and stop being recognized. The symptoms vary. Sometimes, the Micro SD card is not showing up on Android mobile or in My Computer. Sometimes, it appears but cannot open. Sometimes, you might get the error 'Please insert a disk into removable disk', 'Android phone cannot find micro SD card' or 'There are no valid media'. In all these situations, how to fix unreadable SD card and recover data becomes a problem. Read on to learn the solution.
Step 1. Recover data from Micro SD card not detected
1. Connect your Micro SD card to PC, download and launch EaseUS free data recovery software, select the card and click the "Scan" button.
2. The software will soon find the lost & existing data on the card.
3. After the scan has finished, preview and choose the files you want. Finally, click "Recover" button to retrieve and save them your PC or another disk.
Step 2. Repair corrupted Micro SD card not detected or showing up
Here are three methods to fix the not detected SD card :
Method 1. Update driver for Micro SD card
1. Open "Computer" and choose "System Properties".
2. In the taskbar on the left, click "device manager" and next to "USB controller" click "+".Then you'll see a yellow exclamation mark.
3. Right-click and choose "update driver software", then click "automatically search for driver software online"...
Wait patiently and let the driver to be installed and reboot your computer. After doing so, you can try to reconnect your Micro SD card with a computer and to check whether it can be detected or not.
Method 2. Format Micro SD card using Disk Management tool
1. Click Start and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools and then click Computer Management.
3. When the window opens, click on Disk Management and then find the device in the drive viewer.
4. Then you can right-click on the Micro SD card and select Format to directly format the Micro SD card.
Disk Management is not the unique disk formatting tool you can use, likewise, you can format a micro SD card using Windows, CMD, and software.
Method 3. Repair corrupted or unreadable Micro SD card with CMD
1. Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power users menu.
2. In the power users menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
3. Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
4. In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your Micro SD card letter.
If you don't have any technical know-how and want to minimize data risks, using third-party software could be a better choice. The Command line is suitable for computer professionals since wrong commands can cause severe problems. Therefore, we strongly recommend you try an automatic command line alternative.
EaseUS Tools M is a practical computer fixing tool that is safe and light-weighted. It's a perfect alternative to CHKDSK command. Use this one-click tool to solve your computer issues.
To fix file system error or disk error:
Step 1: DOWNLOAD EaseUS Tools M for Free and install it.
Step 2: Open the software and select the "File showing" option.
Step 3: Choose the drive and wait for repairing. After the operation completes, click the "View" button to check the drive.
Was This Page Helpful?
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why choose EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard?
"EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past, but it's fast and efficient..." —PCMag
"The first thing you'll notice about EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro is that its interface is very clear and uncluttered, with only a small collection of self-explanatory controls. You won't find lots of extra options hidden in a system of hidden menus, either; what you see really is what you get." —techradar
"Recover lost files, even after deleting a partition or formatting your drive." —Macworld
- 2. Why cannot I recover 2GB data for free?
It is recommended to check the version installed is Free or Trial because they are different versions.
Trial has data preview function but cannot save any files, while the Free version enables to recover 2 GB files. The default free space is 500 MB and you may share the product on social media to get another 1.5 GB.
- 3. Why cannot the recovered files be opened?
A file is saved as 2 parts on the storage device: directory info (which is comprised by file name, time stamp and size info, etc.) and data content.
If the files with original file names and folder structures cannot be opened, one possible reason is the corrupted directory info. There is still a chance to recover the data content with the RAW Recovery method in our software.
- 4. Why isn't it suggested to recover the files back to the original drive?
The storage structure of the lost files would be altered or damaged by any changes on the drive. If you save the recovered files back to the same drive, the original data structures and data content would be corrupted or overwritten, which causes permanent data loss. So you should prepare another disk to save the files.
- 5. How can I check whether my data is recoverable or not before purchase?
The Free version helps you save 2GB files, so verify the recovery quality of our product before purchase.
- 6. How long does it take to scan the drive?
It strongly depends on the capacity of your hard drive and the performance of your computer. As reference,most drive recoveries can be completed in around 10 to 12 hours for a 1-TB healthy hard drive in general conditions.