Table of Contents
Reviews and Awards
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Viber Messages on Android
This page shows you how to recover deleted or lost Viber messages on Android with the Viber backups. Follow the details below and regain your lost Viber messages.
In this article you'll learn:
Android Viber message recovery Overview
Viber is a popular app used to send and receive free messages, make free calls. With it, you can exchange video, images, audio media messages with other Viber users on any network. But sometimes you might accidentally delete or lost an important Viber conversation for certain reasons. When it happens, how can you recover the lost Viber messages?
When you are faced with such a situation, please don’t worry! You can get your lost Viber data back if you have a backup.
How to Back up Your Messages?
It just takes two steps to automatically back up your Viber messages and you don't have to worry about the case of forgetting to back up messages.
Step 1. Back up messages on Android
- Open Viber
- Select the more options screen
- Select Settings
- Tap on Account
- Select Viber Backup
- Choose Back up
- Wait while Viber backs up your data (this can take a while)
- You must have your Viber account connected to your Google Drive before you can back up your messages.
Step 2. Setup auto backup on Android phones
- Open the more screen and tap on Settings
- Choose Account
- Tap on Viber Backup
- Tap on Auto backup and choose how often you want Viber to back up from the options available
The Ways to Restore Messages on Android
There are two ways to recover lost Viber messages:
First, use Google Drive Account backup.
1. Connect to your Google Drive Account
2. Activate Viber
3. Select Restore Viber Content
Second, use Viber backup
1. Open the more screen
2. Tap on Settings
3. Choose Account
4. Select Viber Backup
5. Tap on Restore
6. Select Restore Now
- Here you can follow the below guidelines to restore your lost files:
- Restoring your messages takes time and data. Viber will always offer you the option to delay restoring your messages until you are on Wi-Fi. If you choose to delay, Viber will ask you to restore your data the next time you connect to Wi-Fi.
Restoring your messages takes time and data. Viber will always offer you the option to delay restoring your messages until you are on Wi-Fi. If you choose to delay, Viber will ask you to restore your data the next time you connect to Wi-Fi.
Other Tips for Android Data Recovery
If you are facing Android data recovery issues. EaseUS MobiSaver for Android can help.
- What to recover: Messages, photos, Calendar, Notes, music files, videos, emails, documents etc.
- Supported brands: Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola, Huawei, Xiaomi, ZET, Blackberry etc.
- Supported system: Android N/7.0, Android 6.0, Android 5.0, Android 4.0 etc.
- Recover lost data from deleting, rooting, virus attacking, Android updating etc.
Three Steps to Recover Lost Android Data
Step 1. Connect your Android phone to computer
Run EaseUS MobiSaver for Android and connect your Android phone to the computer with USB cable. Then click "Start" button to make the software recognize and connect your device.
NOTE: As the software can only access the rooted Android device, you need to make sure that your phone has been rooted before recovery.
Step 2. Scan Android phone to find the lost data
After connecting your Android phone, the software will quickly scan the device to find all the existing and lost data. You can easily find the lost files you want by choosing the correct file types.
Step 3. Preview and recover data from Android phone
Preview all the recoverable files one by one and then you can select out those you want quickly. Here you can turn on "Only displayed deleted items" option to list the deleted files only. Finally, you can click "Recover" button to get the selected files back once.
Was This Page Helpful?
How to Root Your Android Device
Fix Error Unfortunately App Has Stopped on Android
How to Retrieve Blocked Messages/Calls on Android
How to Recover Deleted Line Chat History & Messages