2021 | Top 12 Best Free Audio Mixer Software Free Download
If you read this article, you are most likely trying to get free audio editor software. There are various audio mixer software available on the market; some are free, some are paid, some bring extra features, some are specific to a particular operating system, etc. Whether you are a musician, a video team, a staff in music production and editing, or just creating personalized ringtones for your phone, choosing a good audio mixer software will be greatly helpful.
So, to help you find out the best audio mixing software that is worth your time and work, we have found the top 12 best sound mixer software here. Check out and select the one that fits your needs best.
8 Best Free Audio Mixer Software for Windows and Mac
If you want to mix your music, great audio mixer software is needed. Here you will learn about the best 8 music mixer software, which can make your work easy.
Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is versatile for audio mixing software. It can manage either recorded or live event sound, enable you to merge audio files, and provide one or more output options. This audio mixer software for PC can filter and optimize sound by adjusting levels, enhancing sound with equalization and effects, and recording various mixes. Besides, it's the best free audio converter that allows you to convert audio formats among wav, mp3, m4a, mid, flac, aac, wma, au, aiff, ogg, and a lot more.
- A wide array of audio and video editing features
- Super easy-to-use UI for both beginners and pros
- Good at editing voice-overs or video-related audio tasks, such as extract audio from video
- The free version provides full functionality without any restrictions
- The only drawback is that the free version is watermarked
Download this free audio mixer software and edit your audio now.
Top 2. Audacity
Audacity is popular, free, and open-source audio mixing software, accessible software to anyone looking to get started with audio editing. It provides the comprehensive features you need. There are many effects, including bass, treble, distortion, noise removal, and analysis tools such as beat finder, silence finder, sound finder, and more.
Audacity supports almost all the audio file formats out there like MP3, WAV, AIFF, PCM, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, AC3, AMR, WMA, MP4, and more.
- Completely free
- Surprisingly feature-rich
- Suitable for both pros and beginners
- Massive online community for help
- UI is not the best and needs to be improved
- Crashes happen randomly
Top 3. Adobe Audition
Adobe's Audition is one of the best audio mixer software for streaming, which provides incredible features for professional users. Its multi-track editing and mixing function will definitely make your audio editing experience easier and more effective. Audition also has some powerful editing features, including mirror fading, the ability to keep layer stacks when moving individual parts of the stack, and more.
With many plug-ins embedded, Audition also series tutorials surrounding, making it much easier for users to get started. It supports most audio formats, such as MP3, WAV, AC-3, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, AAC, HE-AAC, CAF, FLAC, PCM, OGG, WMA, and more, along with video formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.
- Well thought out interface
- A wide array of features for professionals
- Powerful application created by Adobe team for users, professional and trustworthy
- It's too professional for beginners to make use of
- Not a good fit for people looking to produce music
- The free version has limited functionality
Top 4. WavePad
WavePad is a full-featured live audio mixer software for Windows and Mac. It lets you record and edit music, voice, and other sounds with multiple features, such as cut, copy and paste parts of recordings into a new one, and then add effects like echo, amplification, and noise reduction.
Moreover, WavePad supports MP3, WAV, VOX, GSM, WMA, AU, AIF, FLAC, real audio, OGG, AAC, M4A, MID, AMR, and more. Its free audio editing software does not expire and includes many of the features of the trial version.
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Allow batch processing to edit many audio files at once
- The interface may not be as sleek as other editors
- It doesn't support multi-tracking
- It provides tons of great functions, including amazing effects, fast editing options, and powerful tools
Top 5. Logic Pro X
Logic Pro X is Apple's DAW for systems running macOS. This free mixer for music covers some awesome features into the fold, making it an amazing audio editing app for beginners and professional users. Logic Pro X provides both basic and advanced features for an audio editor, including the ability to automatically match the timing of different tracks in a project using "Smart Tempo".
It also lets you edit the timing of a single note in a waveform individually by using the "Flex Time" option without having to slice it out of the clip itself. This audio mixer software also supports almost all the audio formats, such as WAV, AIFF, CAF, PCM, ALAC, AAC, MP3, REX, RCY, and a lot more.
- An amazing array of bundled instruments and effects
- Feature-rich, excellent value, and nice interface
- Provide a ton of pre-recorded sounds, and patches
- Mac only
- Quite expensive at $199
- The mixer could use larger meters and more flexibility
Top 6. Reaper
Reaper is another virtual sound mixer that is very powerful and cheaper than the many other options. It enables you to directly record audio to mono, stereo, or even multichannel audio files, along with the ability to record to multiple disks simultaneously for data redundancy. It supports the most popular file formats, including ACID, AIFF, AVI, BWF, CDDA, EDL, FLAC, and more.
- Completely customizable interface
- Come with support for multiple tracks for starters
- Comparatively more affordable than other audio mixer software
- Beginners need time to learn the software
- The UI is not as good as others
Top 7. FL Studio
FL Studio is another well-known music mixing software. Similar to other top-notch DAWs, FL Studio also supports multi-track recording, time-stretching, and pitch shifting. It comes with a mixer that brings features like effects chains, automation, delay compensation, and more.
FL Studio mainly aims at music artists; it supports many file formats like AIFF, DS, DS, DWP, FLAC, MIDI, MP3, OGG, SF2, Speech, SYN, XI, and WAV.
- Rich and powerful features
- Provide a huge number of instruments
- Support VST standards, so you can basically use any 3rd party plugin
- Come with over 80 plug-ins, such as plug-ins for sample manipulation, compression, synthesis, and a lot more
- UI is not as good as other audio mixer software
- It's a little difficult for beginners to use
Top 8. Ocenaudio
Ocenaudio is an excellent free audio mixer software and editor, providing both online and desktop versions. Compared to other free audio mixing software, Ocenaudio has a greater ability to let you preview effects in real-time. Most tools force you to edit the file destructively, modifying the original audio file you are working on. However, with Ocenaudio, you can adjust the playback parameters directly. So when you change effects like reverb in Ocenaudio, you hear the difference right away.
- User-friendly interface, simpler than Audacity
- Provide rich and powerful features
- It can be used to edit online audio files
- Some users think the interface is a little sparse
2 Online Free Audio Mixing Software for Streaming
Some users don't want to download any music mixer apps on a computer, and given that, an online music mixer is the best solution. Here we have picked 2 great online sound mixer software to share with you.
Top 1. HyaWave
HyaWave is an online sound mixer software, which runs in your internet browser. You can use it to copy, paste, cut, clarity, and crop your audio files in MP3, WAV, and more formats. It supports 18 filters and effects, such as biquad allpass filter, amplifier with a fixed multiplier, biquad bandpass filter, waveform reverse, and so on. You can load and save the edited audio files in the cloud, apply live effects, and share to social media or via URL. This is ideal if you are recording or editing on the fly and don't want to install large programs on your laptop.
- Easy and clean user interface
- Audio filter customization
- Allow users to record live audio files using the built-in audio recorder
- It doesn't support multi-tracking
Top 2. Audiotool
Audiotool is a free online sound mixer software with great mixing facilities. This online audio mixing software allows you to create and publish music tracks. It shares more options with Apple's Garage Band program than most audio editors. You can record 30-second segments of sound with this online audio mixer software and use it as samples that can then be mixed with digital instruments already built into the Audiotool system.
- In-browser platform, no need to install, easy to access anywhere
- Dozens of filters, virtual instruments, and effects are available
- Allow creating a MIDI controller
- Only work in Chrome
- Export to MP3 format only
2 Audio Mixing App for Android and iPhone
Apart from some audio mixer programs on the computer, many music mixing apps can assist you in editing audio files. Below are two excellent audio mixer apps you can choose from.
Top 1. MixPad Multitrack Mixer Free
MixPad Multitrack Mixer Free is an audio mixer app, which can record and mix sound for Android. It gives you the tools to mix your audio and music files easily. With this music mixing application, you can make your own music, record a podcast, mix songs, and many more. Most importantly, you can access all of the power of professional recording and mixing equipment while on the go.
- Allow you to mix an unlimited number of music, vocal, and audio tracks
- Offer other editing tools like splitting, trimming, copying, pasting, etc.
- Support sample rates from 6 kHz to 96 kHz
- Sometimes it takes too long to load
- The app will freeze occasionally
Availability: Android 4.0.3 and up
Top 2. GarageBand
GarageBand is an audio mixer software for iOS devices. It enables you to mix audio files easily and quickly. Apart from that, it has the ability to edit audio files with many basic and advanced editing tools. Also, It has a set of musical instruments that you can use to create and mix your audio files.
- Offer many instruments sound effects
- Allow you to share your songs online
- Plentiful audio editing tools
- Not available for Android devices
Availability: iOS 12.1 or later
Bonus Tips: 3 Best YouTube Music Mixers
Sometimes you may need to mix some music files and upload them up to YouTube. But which tool can help you mix the music without effort? Those three online mixers in this part are wonderful options. Select anyone from them and make your own masterpieces now.
You.DJ is a powerful online music mixer. In this program, you can get all tools that you need to mix music and videos. When you launch this website, you can see two turntables and a mixer on the main screen, and your mission is to play simultaneously two songs on each turntable and use the mixer to mix them. This program also provides many mixed effects, such as the loops, the fx pads, the eq, the sampler, and more. Except for using the provides music, you also can use the downloading YouTube music.
- Support mixing YouTube Music
- Support changing music speed
- Support directly share on the platform
- Some functions need to pay for it that can use
- Not support cutting music
- Difficulty for beginners
Doctormix is an awesome online music mixer designed by a team of experienced producers and engineers. This program provides two different online mastering services: Stereo and Stem:
Stereo Mastering services means correction, equalization, enhancement, and compression of the audio files.
Stem Mastering means when to have multiple sub-mixes are available, which allows greater results. Using this program, you can create your own mixed music and mix those audios downloaded from YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and more play platforms.
- Support mixing YouTube music
- Offer plenty of musical instruments, such as piano, Rhodes, guitars, and more
- Offer a lot of music styles, include Pop, Rock, EDM, Latin, and more
- Support profession music mix service
- A little expensive
- Some functions do not support free to use
MP3Cut is another online music mixer. You can use this program to cut and trimming audio. This app supports over 300 file formats that you can nearly import all of the music files. Using this program, you do not need to download or install any software. Just click some button that you can mix your music simply. The special functions of the software are you can mix music to create it as your phone ringtone, even supports mixing YouTube music.
- Support extracting music from video
- Support plenty of audio formats
- Support creating mobile phone ringtone
- Support free to use
- Not support adding mixed effects
- Not support changing music speed
This tutorial shows you the best free audio mixer software to help you process and edit audio files on Windows, Mac, and mobile devices. For users who don't want to download and install programs, you can try the online audio mixing software. But the online tools are not as functional as the desktop software.
Therefore, if you have advanced audio editing needs, you'd better select the desktop audio mixer software, such as EaseUS Video Editor, Adobe Audition, Audacity, Logic Pro X, and FL Studio, and more. Make sure to select the one that suits your needs best.
FAQs About Audio Mixer Software
Some questions are related to audio mixer software, and you can continue reading for more useful information.
1. What is the best audio mixer software?
This page demonstrates the top ten best audio mixer software:
- EaseUS Video Editor
- Adobe Audition
- Logic Pro X
- FL Studio
All their features, advantages, and disadvantages are displayed. If you need a comprehensive audio mixer and editor, the first one - EaseUS Video Editor would be a smart choice.
2. What is the best free audio editing software?
For the best free audio editing software, you can try EaseUS Video Editor. It provides you rich audio processing options, such as mixing, copying, pasting, converting, extracting subtitles, and so on. It supports all the popular audio formats, including wav, mp3, m4a, mid, flac, aac, wma, au, aiff, ogg, and a lot more.
3. What audio software do streamers use?
Generally, streamers often use EaseUS audio mixing software to enhance the streaming experience without much effort. This software enables users to filter and optimize sound by adjusting levels, enhancing sound with equalization and effects, and recording various mixes. For more advanced features, you can try EaseUS audio mixer software.