Top 12 MOV Video Editor to Edit MOV Videos
MOV video file is a common multimedia container file format developed by Apple. Like MP4, it is popular and compatible with a lot of devices and media players. To make your MOV videos more attractive, you can add special effects to the MOV videos or use some editing tools, such as trimming, cropping, rotating, and so on. To complete the work professionally and efficiently, you may need some reliable MOV video editors. To satisfy your needs, this article will offer you 12 MOV video editor tools to guide you in editing MOV videos.
Top 3 MOV Video Editor on Windows
Are you looking for freeware to help you edit MOV videos on Windows? This section will show you the top 3 MOV movie editors that are accepted by almost Windows users.
1. Best Recommendation - EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is a powerful MOV video editing program. It provides you more than 300 outstanding visual effects. With professional editing tools, you can also easily trim, crop, split MOV videos, add watermark to video, apply special effects, and many others.
Key features of EaseUS Video Editor:
- Easy to use
- Friendly user interface
- Support almost all key video and audio formats
- Allow you to add voiceover to video
- Add special effects like text, filters, transitions, overlays, elements, and many more
- Enable you to convert video and audio formats
How to edit MOV video with EaseUS Video Editor? Check the detailed tutorial steps below.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Video Editor
You'll see there are 4:3 and 16:9 modes for your choice. Select the correct mode based on your original video aspect ratio or the websites that your video will be uploaded to.
Step 2. Import Videos
You can import the media that you are going to edit, apply texts/filters/overlays/transitions to the video clips. If you install and run the program for the first time, you can learn how to use the basic editing functions step by step via the prompts.
Step 3. Add to Project
Add video clips to the timeline panel by dragging and dropping from the Media Library. You can also right-click the clips in the "Media" and choose "Add to Project" to load them to the timeline.
Step 4. Edit Videos
Right-click the video and select "Edit".
Then, you can split, trim, speed, rotate, add watermark or enhance video clips.
Step 5. Export Projects
Click "Export" in the Toolbar to export the project. There are four available ways to save the project.
VSDC Free Video Editor allows you to edit video files and creates videos of all types. It supports the most popular video and audio formats and codecs, including DVD, HD, and GoPro videos. Moreover, it offers versatile features for both home and business use: text, filters, overlays, elements, etc. This freeware can help you edit MOV videos with ease.
- Built-in DVD burning tool
- Special multimedia devices creation
- Visual and audio effects
- Export to the social networking site
3. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a free video editing program that allows you to create, edit, and share videos. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate for those who have little to no experience with editing videos. When you edit MOV videos with Windows Movie Maker, you can use over 130 effects, amazing transitions, titles, credits, and more. If you like, you also can apply the wonderful themes and add music to enrich your MOV videos.
- Free video editing software
- Extensive audio track selection
- Title customization tool
- Various special effects and themes
Top 3 MOV Video Editor on Mac
In this part, you will learn about three MOV video editor for Mac. Let's take a look.
iMovie is a free and available video editor for Mac users. It supports MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, MPEG as the input format. Like other video editors, you can rotate, trim, crop MOV videos, or add transitions to your MOV videos, etc.. What's more, it offers outstanding templates to help you create great movie trailers from your footage. Once the editing is done, you can share your videos to sharing media platforms.
- Easy to use
- Support 4K videos for stunning cinema-quality films
- Support Green-screen effect
- Directly upload the edited videos to social media platforms
2. QuickTime Player
QuickTime is a fantastic video editor if you just want to edit your MOV videos simply. It allows you to trim, cut, split, merge, flip videos quickly. With this software, you can remove the part you don't like and keep your desired parts. The process to edit MOV files is fast and straightforward.
- Easy to use interface
- Save and export to any of the codecs supported by QuickTime
- Encode and transcode video and audio from one format to another
Avidemux is a free and open-source platform video editor. It has a selection of filters and transitions. This program can help you handle both simple processes like cutting and editing video files. Moreover, using it, you can convert video from one format to another, resize videos and many more.
- Support for non-linear video editing, visual effects, and transcoding
- Offer powerful scripting capabilities
- Multiple filtering options: auto-resize, black borders, chroma shifts, etc.
- Support various output formats: MKV, MP4, MPEG, OGM, and more
Top 4 MOV Video Editor on iPhone and Android
Some of you may want to edit MOV videos on your mobile phones directly. There are a lot of MOV video editing applications on the internet. To save your time and energy on searching the reliable app, we will show you the top 4 MOV movie editors here.
1. Splice [iPhone]
Splice is a simple but powerful MOV video editor for iOS users. You can easily create fully customized, professional-looking videos on your iPhone. Editing MOV videos with Splice, you just tap to trim the videos, adjust the transitions, add slow-motion effects, and more to create beautiful videos that you will love to share.
- Automatically sync your video to the beat of the music
- Apply filters and adjust background colors, orientation and more
- Trim, crop, and cut your photos and video clips
- Bring your photos to life with pan and zoom effects
2. Inshot [iPhone]
Inshot is another great MOV video editor designed for iPhone. It lets you make quick edits to MOV videos without having to load up a more complex app like iMovie. For example, you can bundle multiple videos together and stitch them up with transitions. You can trim videos, or add background music either from your iTunes or other music libraries.
- Trim, cut, merge videos, and adjust video speed
- Lots of visual and sound effects
- High video output resolution
- Share to social apps, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
3. VivaVideo - Video Editor & Video Maker [Android]
VivaVideo is an outstanding video editing app for Android awarded by top Android Bloggers. With VivaVideo, you can easily make a video from pictures with songs, combine video clips, add video to video, and so on. To create a MOV video, it not only allows you to cut, trim, merge, crop video but add transitions, text, music to the video. After everything is done, you can share it to YouTube, Instagram, TikTok.
- Provide a variety of video editing features, such as crop, merge, copy, paste, and more
- Professional music video maker with songs and effects
- Create blur backgrounds for videos and photos
- Export video in 720p, Full HD 1080p, and 4K
4. VidTrim [Android]
VidTrim is a MOV movie editor and organizer for Android. It includes multiple features like trimming, merging, frame grabbing, video effects, and extract audio. With these editing tools, you can easily edit MOV movies. What's more, it allows you to convert MOV video to MP4 and resize MOV videos. After editing, you can also share your videos with your friends directly through this application.
- Various video and audio editing tools
- Share videos (Send e-mail, upload to YouTube, etc.)
- Support both ARM and x86 CPUs in one package
- Contain optimization for ARMv7 NEON when available
Top 2 MOV Video Editor Online
You can rely on some online video editing tools if you don't download and install any software on your computer when editing MOV videos. Here we will introduce two popular online editors to you.
Clipchamp is an amazing online tool for you to edit MOV videos. It lets you create, collect, convert, record, and compress videos without delays in rendering or locked in file formats that are hard to convert or share. With its plentiful editing tools, you can create great videos, no matter your experience or skills.
- Easy to use
- Excellent and extensive stock library
- Support various templates for everything from ads to wedding video inspiration
This online editor is a good option for those who want to work in the browser without installation directly. With Online Video Cutter, your basic requirements of editing MOV videos can be met, as it has many editing functions like cut, trim, crop, rotate, and other on MOV and other formats. After editing, your files are automatically deleted from the website a few hours later. Nobody has access to them except you.
- Simple interface and free to use
- Support almost every video format
- Simple controls - every feature is just one or two clicks away
- Allow you to import video files from the computer, URL, Dropbox, and Google Drive
We have offered you twelve MOV video editor tools in this article. According to your situation, you can choose different video editing software. For Windows users wanting to edit MOV videos, EaseUS Video Editor is the best option among those freeware. It is an all-in-one video editor. Using it, you can not only create videos but convert video formats, like convert GIF to MOV and many more. After all done, you can upload videos to social platforms. Most importantly, all these tasks will be completed within a few simple and clicks.
FAQs About MOV Video Editor
There are some other searches related to MOV video editor. You can continue reading.
1. Can you edit MOV files?
MOV is one of the most popular and common video formats. If you want to edit MOV video files, you can do the task directly with a MOV video editor. EaseUS Video Editor is exactly what you need. Using this editing software, you can add 300 visual effects to enrich your videos and edit your video by cropping, reversing, rotating, etc.. If you have other requirements like converting video formats, you also can use EaseUS Video Editor to finish the job.
2. Can iMovie edit MOV files?
Yes. It supports MOV, 3GP, MPEG, MP4, and MOD as import formats. You can easily edit MOV files with iMovie.
3. What software can edit MOV files?
Below is some video editing software for you to edit MOV files.
- EaseUS Video Editor
- VSDC Free Video Editor
- Windows Movie Maker
4. What is a MOV video file?
A MOV file is a common multimedia container file format developed by Apple and compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms. It may contain multiple tracks that store different types of media data and is often used for saving movies and other video files. MOV files commonly use the MPEG-4 codec for compression.