Partition Windows 7 64 bit system with Windows 7 free partition manager
Windows 7 64 bit system has become popular due to its highly publicized advantages over its predecessors. At the same time, how to partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive is a question that is becoming urgent for Windows 7 users. This article will talk about how to partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive.
Why do we need third party partition manager to partition Windows 7 64 bit?
64-bit edition of Windows 7 is more advanced than 32 bit and possesses more optimized performance, but, if you want to manage partition and resize hard drive partition on Windows 7 64 bit, maybe it is not very satisfactory. For example, it will not allow to move the partition, in the mean time, you can't extend hard drive partition when there is no unallocated space behind the partition.
So EaseUS Windows 7 64 bit partition manager is the best choice for you to partition Windows 7 64 bit hard disk drive. EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition works perfectly with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 32 and 64 bit systems, it is free for Windows home users. Hardware RAID is also supported.
Partition Windows 7 64 bit system with EaseUS Partition Master
To partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive, please follow the operations bellow:
The following is step-by-step instruction to extend system partition (C: drive).
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master.
If there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, please follow the below steps. If there is unallocated space behind the system partition, please directly go to step 4.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
Following the above steps, you can partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive easily.
You can also merge two partitions into a bigger one to increase disk space.
- Free volume manager 64 bit
- Free partition manager XP 64 bit
- Free partition manager Windows 7 64 bit
- Free Partition Manager X64
- Free partition magic 64 bit
- Resize Server 2008 64bit partition
- Windows Server 2003 partition resize
- Free Partition Manager
- How to resize Server partition?
- Increase Windows Server C drive space
- Extend system partition on Windows Server 2003