Partition Windows 7 64 bit system with Windows 7 free partition manager
Windows 7 64 bit system has become popular due to its highly publicized advantages over its predecessors. At the same time, how to partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive is a question that is becoming urgent for Windows 7 users. This article will talk about what is Windows 7 64 bit and how to partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive.
What is Windows 7 64 bit?
Windows 7 64 bit is the latest edition of Windows client operating system. It is based on the security of Windows Vista and Windows Server2008. 64-bit editions of Windows 7 centers performance, reliability, security, and compatibility as the core principles. A 64-bit edition of2010/11/13 Windows 7 takes full advantage of the increased RAM and multi-tasking capabilities of 64-bit PCs. For example, a 64 bit PC can deal with larger capacity of information than a 32 bit system, you can operate programs more favorably. It is no doubt that 64 bit computer system will be standard in the near future.
Why do we need third party partition manager to partition Windows 7 64 bit?
64-bit edition of Windows 7 is more advanced than 32 bit and possesses more optimized performance, but, if you want to manage partition and resize hard drive partition on Windows 7 64 bit, maybe it is not very satisfactory. For example, it will not allow move the partition, in the mean time, you can't extend hard drive partition when there is no unallocated space behind the partition.
So EaseUS Windows 7 64 bit partition manager is the best choice for you to partition Windows 7 64 bit hard disk drive. EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition works perfectly with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 32 and 64 bit systems, it is free for Windows home users. Hardware RAID is also supported.
Partition Windows 7 64 bit system with EaseUS Partition Master
To partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive, please follow the operations bellow:
The following is step-by-step instruction to extend system partition (C: drive).
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master.
If there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, please follow the below steps. If there is unallocated space behind the system partition, please directly go to step 4.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
Following the above steps, you can partition Windows 7 64 bit hard drive easily.
You can also merge two partitions into a bigger one to increase disk space.
Besides Partition Manager, EaseUS Partition Master provides Partition Recovery Wizard and Disk and Partition Copy Wizard features. It is a complete solution to solve your Server disk and partition problems.
- How to extend boot partition/C partition Windows 7 with EaseUS Partition Master?
- Partition Windows 7 32 bit system with best free partition manager
- How to Resize Windows Server Partition Without Partition Magic?
- How to Resize Partitions under Windows 2003 Server?
- How to resize a partition on Windows Server?
- Extend SBS 2008 Server partition with server partition software
- How to resize partition on Windows Server 2008?