How to convert/change RAW file system to NTFS without data loss?
"Recently I was facing some problem with power failure, so I added a new hard drive to my system. The problem is that the new hard drive is working perfectly but the file system shows either blank or designated "RAW" rather than NTFS in the primary partition on the original hard drive. And the secondary partition on the original hard drive shows unformatted. Is there any way to convert/change RAW file system to NTFS without formatting it and losing all my data? Is there any way to resolve this problem?"
This is a common problem in data recovery forum. The RAW drive is a hard drive partition which has not been formatted with the file system neither FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 nor NTFS/NTFS5. The RAW drive can be caused by a number of reasons such as virus infection, format failure, accidentally shut down operating system, power outages, etc. When you access the RAW drive, you will get an error message like "The disk in drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?". In this situation, if we click "No", the drive cannot be accessed. On the contrary, if we click "Yes", we will lose all of the files stored on this drive.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Proessional is a powerful data recovery software, it can recover deleted files, recover files from raw drive, recover files from formatted drive, recover files from lost or deleted drive, etc.
Convert/Change RAW file system to NTFS with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has three recovery modules. Its "Complete Recovery" module is used to recover files from raw drive. The following is step-by-step instructions to convert/change RAW file system to NTFS without data loss.
1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional and click the "Complete Recovery" button on the main window of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional.
2.Select the file types you want to recover and choose volume where the RAW hard drive is. The program will automatically scan the selected volume.
3. The founded data will be displayed and you can get a preview of it. Then you can choose wanted data to save by clicking “Recover”.
After recovering files from RAW drive successfully, you can format the raw drive to NTFS file system and then access the raw drive as normal.Now you have converted/changed RAW file system to NTFS.
Common problems related to data loss and our solutions:
- How do I recover deleted file(s) and folder(s)?
- How do I recover lost file(s) and folder(s)?
- How do I recover formatted logical drives?
- How do I recover deleted Email?
- How do I recover lost photo images?
- How do I recover lost Word files?
- How do I recover Raw Drive?
- How do I recover deleted, missing or lost logical drives?
- How do I recover Fdisked drives?
- How do I recover repartitioned drives?
- How do I recover hard disks involving Scandisk and Chkdsk?
- How do I recover 'Ghosted' (or 'imaged') hard disk drives?
- How do I recover Encrypted files on NTFS?
- How do I recover Compressed files on NTFS?
- How do I recover Dynamic-disk files in Windows?
- How do I recover files from EXT2/EXT3 Drive?
- How to recover files after reinstalling windows?
- How to do free and easy recovery?