"Great! I applied the solution provided by EaseUS and fixed cyclic redundancy check error without losing anything important. Come on, you can give it a try..."Click to share on Facebook
What is cyclic redundancy check error that prevents us from copying files, accessing hard drive data or initializing a hard disk? The cyclic redundancy check, or call it CRC, is an error-detecting technology commonly used in digital networks and storage devices to detect accidental changes to raw data. When there's a bad spot on the media of your hard disk, CRC errors occur.
Drive not accessible, data error cyclic redundancy check
"My 1TB Seagate Free agent GoFlex has some error in opening the disk. First it asks me to format the drive before being able to use it. Of course, I won't format it because it's full of data. After that canceling that dialog, an error message will appear saying: "Drive is Not Accessible: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)."
Cannot initialize disk: cyclic redundancy check
"How can you fix an external HDD that fails to initialize? It gives data error (cyclic redundancy check) each time I try to fix it."
A cyclic redundancy check error can be triggered by many incidents that seem to be inevitable. For example, registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files.
Be careful enough when such an error happen to you, especially when Windows asks you to format the disk drive with CRC error for a continuing use. There are 2 things you must do to remove the cyclic redundancy check data error from HDD, USB flash drive, SD card or other disk storage drive.
Do not get hurry to perform quick format on the disk that reports CRC data error, since the drive is inaccessible right now, and if there is valuable data you can't lose, download EaseUS free data recovery software to recover data from inaccessible hard drive and transfer data to a safe spot
1) Select the storage location that sends data error (cyclic redundancy check) and click "Scan" button.
2) EaseUS recovery software will run a quick scan first. After the quick scan finishes, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more lost and inaccessible files on the drive.
3) Select files the software has found for you in either quick scan results or deep scan results and click "Recover". You can save the recovered files to another data storage device.
After data has been successfully transferred, you can now feel free to fix the CRC error without destroying data. It's time to do the repair.
Run CHKDSK utility to remove cyclic redundancy check error
1) Open the command prompt under Accessories. You must run CHKDSK commands as an administrator to have the necessary privileges to execute the scan.
2) Type "chkdsk /f x:" into the command prompt. Replace the X: by the drive you'd like to run the scan on. Press enter.
3) Wait for the scan to complete. Once finished CHKDSK, restart your computer to see if it worked.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat