Your 1TB/2.5TB or 5TB Toshiba external hard drive is not working or fail to show up in PC? Can’t stand the loss of saved data and another big bunch of money for purchasing a new external hard drive? Relax and find solutions right here now.
"Hi there, do you know how to make external hard drive show up in PC when it failed to be detected? I have 1TB Toshiba external hard drive with almost 500GB data saved on it.
It suddenly disappeared from my PC but the light of the drive is still on. What’s going on with my drive? Do know you how to fix this issue?"
If you are having a similar problem on your external hard drive of Toshiba, Seagate, SanDisk, Samsung etc, don’t worry. Right here are some tips for you to follow when your external hard disk suddenly fails to work:
Quick Fix 1: Check power management for USB Hub
If this doesn’t work, try Quick Fix 2.
Quick Fix 2: Reboot PC into Safe Mode
In order to thoroughly check out and find out where the exact problem exist, you may try to reboot PC into Safe Mode to see where Toshiba external hard drive can work or not:
If not, don’t worry. Effective fixes and solutions are available to help to fix Toshiba external hard drive not working issue right now.
Disk check up can effectively fix and repair internal errors on your storage devices so to help you fix hard disk drive not working issue. Here you have two options to get this issue fixed:
Option 1. 3 steps to check and fix Toshiba external hard drive not working error with partition manager freeware
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master Free and right-click the partition that you want to check by clicking "Check partition".
2. Choose the way that you want to use to check partition: Check Partition Properties, Call Windows Chkdsk to fix errors, Surface Test.
3. Let EaseUS Partition Master automatically check hard disk partition errors and repair errors for you. Click OK to finish the process.
Option 2. Fix Toshiba external hard drive not working error by CMD
Then you can check to see whether this have worked to repair your Toshiba external hard drive or not.
Then check out whether any device show up as unrecognized or not:
After repairing and fixing Toshiba external hard drive not responding, working or detected error, you may now check and find your data on the Toshiba external hard drive now. If data not found or data become inaccessible, relax. Professional data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will help to get all your data out of Toshiba external hard drive:
1. Connect Toshiba external hard drive with PC and free download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard;
2. Active and run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and select location where your external hard drive is, click Scan;
3. Let this software to scan and fin all data and other files on the external hard drive with Quick Scan and Deep Scan mode;
Preview and select found files, click Recover to restore all found files to a safe spot in PC.
After this, save your data into a secure device and then format Toshiba external hard drive and reset it into reusable for saving data again
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat