Bad sectors are sections of your computer's hard drive that have been damaged and have lost the ability to save and store your data. And any data stored in bad sector is likely to be lost. If you cannot open your files or programs properly, it is most possible that the hard disk might have filled with bad sectors which make your data unreadable or corrupt. To retrieve your data, you should remove bad sectors from hard disk which will make your computer will replace the bad sectors with good sectors and ignore the bad sectors.
Chkdsk command prompt in CMD based on Windows operating system is a free built-in Check Disk utility that can scan through your entire hard drive to find and fix bad sectors, errors, corruptions or any other disk problems. Being able to recover hard disk bad sectors, it is your first choice to repair hard drive. Next, we will show you how to remove bad sector from hard disk using cmd with a step-by-step guide.
1. Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power users menu.
2. In the power users menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
3. Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
4. In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
This option will run chkdsk to check and repair bad sectors or other disk errors in Windows. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount before the process starts.
If chkdsk stuck & failed to remove bad sector from hard disk or deleted your data on the hard disk, here’s an alternative data recovery solution - EaseUS disk data recovery to retrieve your files. The program allows you to recover data from hard drive with bad sectors before fixing the disk for reuse by formatting. And it also works well in chkdsk deleted file recovery. The recovery process is easy and just takes 3 simple steps.
1. Download and launch EaseUS data recovery software, select the hard drive with bad sectors and click "Scan" button.
2. The software will soon start a quick scan to find the lost & existing data on the disk. After it completed, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.
3. After the scan, preview and choose the files you want to retrieve. Finally, click "Recover" button to get them back and save them on another disk partition or external memory device.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat