How do I recover files from the Raw Hard Drive?
"I happened to come across a dilemma that my I cannot get access to my files in my D partition which became Raw on my PC and a warning notice told me that my disk in drive D is not formatted. I need recover the formatted partition data for all my business data and files are all stored there. It’s urgent and please help me!"
Overview of partition or drive
A partition or drive is usually used for saving and storing data on the computer and make people’s life more convenient. It’s a useful tool on computer for helping users to protect and save important vital data and files of their daily life and jobs, which enables users to take their data with them everywhere easily and portably.
Symptoms of RAW drive/partition
A partition used in its native mode, and without having a file system existed. We usually call it as RAW. Since there is no file system on it, you may get the message the partition need to be formatted when you click on it. If a partition is corrupted in Windows, possible (but not all) symptoms are:
- Invalid media type reading drive.
Abort, Retry, Fail?
- File system is displayed as "RAW".
- Windows may ask if you want to format the drive, such as warning "disk not formatted. do you want to format now?". Such as the follow picture.
- File names contain "weird" characters.
- "Sector not found" messages.
How to recover Raw drive/partition data easily?
It’s a normal situation if you encounter the above case and have to format the RAW drive/partition for reuse the drive again. However, once formatting the drive, all the data on it will be gone and it will be almost impossible to get those files back. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is an ideal solution for recovering RAW drive/partition data and reusing the drive/partition again.
2. Select the file types you want to recover and select volume where the RAW drive/partition is. And the program will automatically scan the selected volume.
3. The founded data will be displayed on the screen of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and you can get a preview of founded data. Select the files or directory that you want to recover and save them to a healthy drive.
After recovering files from RAW drive, please format this RAW drive with Windows built-in format tool (Open My Computer, right click the RAW drive and select "Format" from the menu) or free partition manager and then this drive can be used again.