How to recover formatted Windows 7 partitions?
Common data losing situations
- Hard Drives that have been formatted.
- Corrupted or missing critical file system structures.
- Accidental file deletion.
- File loss without reason.
- Unexpected system shutdown or application failure.
- Computer viruses and worms infection or corruption.
- Boot-up problems.
- Partition structures are damaged or deleted.
- Damage due to a power failure or surge.
- Various kinds of file system corruption.
- Recover files from devices with unknown file systems including Hard Disk, external ZIP/USB drive, removable SmartMedia, MemoryStick, SD cards, etc.
Data loss risk in Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System provides more advanced & large number of new features and covers with very strong security, but there is no built-in Windows 7 Unformat tool. Among the data losing situations above, hard drives formatted or accidental file deletion is the most common problem. Compared with recovering deleted files, Windows 7 Unformat is more difficult, as Windows just changed one parameter when you delete a file, but it will clear more information when you format a partition, so to choose a professional Windows 7 unformat software is very important, otherwise, you cannot recover the valuable files.
What you should do to prevent partition from formatting in Windows 7?
Remember that recovering data is the remedy and you should backup the system and files regularly. You may use Windows 7 built-in backup & recovery feature or third party free backup software. When you cannot have access to a partition or Windows prompts you to format a partition, as well as when you manage the partition with partitioning software, you should take care and do not format the partitions. But if you have not backed up and the partitions have been formatted, you'd better stop writing files to this formatted partition and use Windows 7 unformat software to recover the valuable information.
How to use Windows 7 Unformat software?
2. Select the file types you want to recover and choose the volume that was formatted or the partition that you cannot access and click "NEXT" to start searching on this volume.
3. The Intelligent Searching module will scan on the selected volume, collect and analyze every byte on the volume.
Following the above steps, you'll see the files and folders with original file tree, and then select the files to save to other place. You may save the files to another local disk partition, external hard disk, external USB drive and network sharing.
Remember that do not write file any more or save the files to the original place. Otherwise, the files may be covered and cannot be recovered again.
- How to recover repartitioned drives (Partition Magic resize error)?
- How to recover hard disks involving Scandisk and Chkdsk?
- How to recover "Ghosted" (or "imaged") hard disk drives by error?
- How to recover files from "Raw Drive"?
- How to recover deleted file(s) and folder(s)?
- How to unformat formatted hdd?
- How to do free and easy recovery?