How to upgrade hard disk to a bigger one without reinstalling operating system and applications?
Why to upgrade hard disk to a bigger one?
Does your hard disk often run out of space which makes you unable to upgrade the software, applications and upgrade system as well as store more data? If you are suffering such kind of things, decide to purchase a new hard disk and reinstall operating system and all the applications on the new hard disk, it will be a large project and time-consuming job. The best choice is to clone the old hard disk to a bigger one without reinstalling operating system and applications.
How to upgrade hard disk to a bigger one?
How to upgrade hard disk to a bigger one? The clone function is the best choice, such as clone disk. So you can choose disk copy software (such as EaseUS Disk Copy, EaseUS Partition Master, EaseUS Todo Backup) to copy disk to a bigger one. Moreover, some users encountered this problem: when I clone disk successfully, then boot the computer from the bigger disk and don't disconnect the source disk. After that, the computer is normal. Then I shut down the computer, disconnect the bigger hard disk and boot the computer from the source hard disk; unfortunately, I cannot boot the computer from the source hard disk. Why cannot boot the computer from the source hard disk? Because the two hard disks all have operating system and they are the same, booting from the bigger disk is dependent on the source disk. How to avoid this case? There is a safe way to clone disk to a bigger one with EaseUS Todo Backup.
The safe way to upgrade disk to a bigger one with EaseUS Todo Backup
EaseUS Todo Backup is very easy and quite safe to use. The following are the basic steps to clone disk:
1. Connect the bigger hard disk to your computer.
2. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup.
3. Click Disk clone.
4. Follow the clone wizard to clone the hard disk to a bigger one for upgrade.
More detailed steps: How to clone hard disk?
After you clone hard disk successfully, shut down the computer, replace source hard disk with bigger one and then boot the computer from bigger one.
- How to clone or move windows 7 to a new drive?
- Free Disk Cloning software Ease You to Upgrade A New Hard Drive
- How to Copy or Clone Hard Drive Disk with Free Backup Software?
- How to clone system to another computer with different hardware configuration?
- How to restore system to dissimilar hardware with universal restore?
- How to restore 2003 Server to different hardware?
- How to restore a backup to computer with different hardware?