Recover external hard drive partition with free partition recovery software
An external hard drive is very useful an equipment. It is a type of hard disk drive which is externally connected to a computer with plug-and-play interfaces such as USB.
The function of the external hard drive is the same as internal hard drive (normal hard drive), while has a lot of advantages: it is portable and it can be operated on a plug-and-play basis, and users can back up or store important data separate from the main internal hard drive securely and safely.
External hard drive partition loss
The function of an external hard drive is the same as internal hard drive, so its construction is also similar to normal hard drive. That means it can be separated into many disk partitions by writing partition information into partition table.
The partition table could be damaged by corruption, virus, false-operation, incorrect manipulation, hardware problems, etc. Then you may lose the external hard drive partition and also the valuable data stored on them. Besides, delete partitions unintentionally is also a reason of partition loss. Is it possible to recover external hard drive partition and retrieve the data stored on them? Of course yes, the only thing you need is partition recovery software.
External hard drive partition recovery
If you Google "external hard drive partition recovery" or "recover external hard drive partition", you may find a lot of programs could do the job. Here we would like to share an easy way of how-to-do external hard drive partition recovery with free partition recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free. It is powerful partition recovery software to recover your partition and data safely and rapidly, both NTFS and FAT partition recovery.
It provides "Partition Recovery" module to scan the lost partitions of an external hard drive. Plus, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free provides other modules to unformat data from formatted partition, RAW partition, deleted files, or even memory card recovery etc.
Tips for external hard drive partition recovery
External hard drive partition recovery due to software failure is generally easier with the use of free partition recovery software than physical disk failure. This is because if the disk is physically damaged in some way, then any further disk access may cause further damage. It is difficult for external hard drive partition recovery freeware to file and obtain important information stored on the disk. So it is better to tell what type of external hard drive partition lost at the beginning.
If the external hard drive contains really important data, do a disk image before recovery is recommended. For this to be completely successful, you must make sure that a disk with a large enough capacity for maintaining the image of the failed external hard drive.
Recover external hard drive partition with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free
1. Setup the external hard disk on the computer.
2. Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free and select the "Partition Recovery" module, then follow the wizard to finish the steps.
3. Save the recovered data and create a partition just like the previously lost one.
- NTFS/FAT Partition Recovery
- NTFS Recovery
- Card recovery freeware to recover lost files from memory card
- Free flash card recovery software
- Unformat freeware
- Free office recovery software
- How to repair raw file system
- How to recover photos from formatted hard drive
- Chkdsk is not available for raw drives
- How to undelete word documents?
- How to recover lost Word files?
- How to recover missing or lost logical drives?
- How to recover Fdisked drives?
- How to recover my files?
- Recover files free download - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free
- Recover GPT partition
- USB drive partition recovery
- Recover Ext2, Ext3 partition