Many of us need the partition recovery now and then. You may have the experience that system can not find partitions. If you want to access to these files on this partition, you have to recover the lost first.
As we know, one physical disk can be divided into several partitions (the drive letters such as C:, or D:), they are also called "volumes". Once a hard disk is divided into several partitions, directories and files of different categories may be stored in different partitions. More partitions provide more control but too many may become cumbersome. Careful consideration of the number of the partition is necessary.
What are the purposes for partitioning?
We can conclude the purposes of partitioning as the following:
(1) Keeping Operating System files, frequently used programs and user data near each other.
(2) Having an area for Operating System virtual memory swapping/paging.
(3) Having cache and log files separate from other files.
(4) Use of multi booting setups, which allow users to have more than one. For instance, one could install Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows or others on different partitions of the same hard disk.
(5) Protecting or isolating files, to make it easier to recover data from corrupted partition. Other file systems won't be affected and the drive's data may still be salvageable if one of partitions is corrupted.
(6) Raising overall computer performance on systems with smaller partition is more efficient.
How to recover my deleted or lost partition?
When you could not see partition you need in Windows Disk Management, it might be lost and the data on it could be lost with the partition table. Actually, the partition was not really lost, even if partition table was destroyed by virus or deleted accidentally. If partition table was destroyed by virus or other defeat, free partition recovery software - EaseUS Partition Recovery can help you to do partition recovery. And here we recommend you backup your data in case of any accident.
EaseUS Partition Recovery is partition recovery software for hard disk. It is designed to recover the deleted or lost partitions on hard drive. EaseUS Partition Recovery runs under Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 and Windows 7.
You can follow these steps to recover your lost or deleted partition:
1.Downlod EaseUS Partition Recovery and run it, then you will see the following window. Click "Next" to continue.
2. Please choose a disk where you want to recover lost partitions and click "Next" to continue.
Tips: Please try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover data from deleted or lost partitions on dynamic disk or GPT disk.
3. Choose a specified area to search for the lost partitions and click "Next" to continue.
4. Please choose a search method to start partition recovery. (There are two search methods: Fast and Complete.)
5. EaseUS Partition Recovery starts searching the deleted or lost partitions.
6. After the search is completed, choose the deleted or lost partitions to recover.
At this step, if EaseUS Partition Recovery cannot find your deleted or lost partitions with Fast search method. You will see the following window. Please choose "Yes" to start Complete search method.
If EaseUS Partition Recovery cannot find your deleted or lost partitions by Complete search method, please try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover data from deleted or lost partition.
7. Click "Proceed" to execute the operations.
8. After the execution is completed, you will see the Congratulations window.