Windows Pre-installation Environment (aka Windows PE, WinPE) is a lightweight version of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2 that is used for the deployment of workstations and servers. It is intended as a 32-bit or 64-bit replacement for MS-DOS during the installation phase of Windows, and can be booted via PXE, CD-ROM, USB flash drive or hard disk. Traditionally used by large corporations and OEMs (to preinstall Windows client operating systems to PCs during manufacturing), it is now widely available free of charge via the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).
However, in the market, there isn't the Windows Pre-installation Environment for sale. You can use software named BartPE to produce the WinPE.
The BartPE didn't contain any record of the WinPE or the Windows XP. If you want to run the BartPE to produce the WinPE, you need to execute the original installation CD of Windows XP. Hence, the BartPE didn't infract the copyright of Microsoft. The BartPE is just use the installation CD of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to complete the Pre-installation environment.
The BartPE gives the entire Win32 environment to the user. Hence, you can use the CD to do the job in network. You can see the graphical interfaces and do various jobs of FAT/NTFS/CDFS without installing the operating system in the hard disk.
Here is a step by step instruction of creating a WinPE bootable CD of EaseUS Partition Recovery via BartPE:
1. Please install EaseUS Partition Recovery on local computer.
2. Please Install PE Builder on the local computer.
3. Download the BartPE plugin of EaseUS Partition Recovery: epr.cab. Please do not decompress this file.
4. Run PE Builder.
5. Press the first "..." button in "Source" of the main window to select the directory where you stored the Windows installation files. Generally, you need to put the installation disk to CD-ROW and choose this CD-ROW. If you copied the ISO installation file to a partition, please decompress it to a folder and choose this folder as "Source".
6. Please click the "Plugins" button.
7. In the pop-up window, please click "Add" button.
8. Choose the epr.cab which you downloaded. And then press "Open" button.
9. Please get into the installation directory of EaseUS Partition Recovery, copy all files in the EaseUS Partition Recovery folder.
10. Paste all files to the epr directory of PE Builder. The path is the installation directory of PE Builder\plugin\epr\files.
11. Please close the "Plugins" window.
12. Please select the "Create ISO image" option in "Media output" in the main window. Click the "..." button, choose a directory to store the output ISO file.
13. Click the "Build" button and after a few minutes later, the software will prompt you that the process has been completed.
14. Please burn the ISO file which was just created to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and then you will successfully create EaseUS Partition Recovery WinPE bootable CD.
PE Builder is copyrighted by Bart Lagerweij.
Windows XP and WinPE are copyrighted by Microsoft.
EaseUS Partition Recovery is copyrighted by CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.