Download The Best Windows 10 Video Editor to Edit Video Easily
Does Windows 10 have a built-in video editor? How to use it? What is EaseUS Video Editor? Does it have advantages over Windows 10 built-in video editor? You can know everything about them below.
- >> Comparison of Windows Built-in Video Editor and EaseUS Video Editor
- >> How to Edit Videos in Windows with EaseUS Video Editor [Free Download]
- >> How to Edit Videos in Windows 10 with Windows Default Video Editor
Windows 10 offers you a free built-in video app - Photos, a hidden default video editor that works a bit like Windows Movie Maker. Microsoft aims to provide users with instant access to video tools in the Photos app, making it faster to edit clips in Windows 10. But this app can only meet some elementary video editing needs.
EaseUS Video Editor is a straightforward yet powerful free video editing software that inspires everyone. This tool makes it easy to create your own professional videos or entertaining home movies with various visual and audio effects. It can meet both simple needs and further needs.
We will give you more details for choosing an appropriate video editor and teach you how to edit video in Windows 10.
Windows 10 Built-in Tool
You can easily edit your videos through this hidden video editor in Windows 10 without spending anything from your pocket. It's possible to edit your videos as perfectly as you could have done it using a paid video editor. A paid video editor is a better choice if you want to use more templates or further needs.
- Free to use
- Support trimming and splitting videos
- Support adding text and filter to videos
- Support adding background music and customizing audio speed
- Not support extracting audio from video, remove the watermark, etc.
- Only has basic features
>> Click here to know the detailed steps to edit a video on Windows 10.
EaseUS Video Editor
This movie editor allows you to create your own video masterpieces for different situations. You can easily trim, cut, split, merge, rotate, mix video clips, apply stylish video effects, accelerate/slow down your video speed, and many more.
Also, you can add or remove the watermark, remove or reduce unwanted background/wind noise, or add more special effects to your video. This easy-to-use video editor on Windows 10/8/7 meets not only your basic needs but also your advanced needs. If you aim at making delicate and perfect videos, this editing tool is what you cannot miss.
After you edit the videos, you can export those files in various formats this editor supports, including MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. You can use this tool as a format converter to change the file formats easily and freely. For instance, you can convert MP4 to GIF and use it as a meme.
- Support advanced functions like removing the watermark, detaching audio from video, etc.
- Fast processing and adjustable preview quality help you be more productive
- Support many frequently-used video/audio formats
- Plenty of filters and transitions are available
- Only support Windows system
If you have hundreds of self-shot movies and photos, you can create your own movies in stunning cinema-quality using this rich-featured Windows 10 video editor. If you are interested in this software, click the following link to download EaseUS Video Editor, the best Windows video editing program.
Here are the steps to edit video on Windows 10. Follow it to make your masterpiece now.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Video Editor
You'll see there are 4:3 and 16:9 modes for your choice. Select the correct mode based on your original video aspect ratio or the websites that your video will be uploaded to.
Step 2. Import Videos
You can import the media that you are going to edit, apply texts/filters/overlays/transitions to the video clips. If you install and run the program for the first time, you can learn how to use the basic editing functions step by step via the prompts.
Step 3. Add to Project
Add video clips to the timeline panel by dragging and dropping from the Media Library. You can also right-click the clips in the "Media" and choose "Add to Project" to load them to the timeline.
Step 4. Edit Videos
Right-click the video and select "Edit".
Then, you can split, trim, speed, rotate, add watermark or enhance video clips.
Step 5. Export Projects
Click "Export" in the Toolbar to export the project. There are four available ways to save the project.
Windows 10 has a hidden video editor, which is a part of Microsoft photos. You may be confused about why editing a video need to open a photos app. Firstly, this app was designed as the default photo management tool. But in the later version, Microsoft photos updated the video cut function. In a strictly technical sense, Photos is not an application focusing on creating a video.
First of all, we need to learn how to launch that program.
- Right-click the video
- Choose Open with
- Select Photos
- Choose Edit & Create
- Select Create a video with text
- Open the Start menu
- Input Photos
- Choose New Video
Then, we will give you a detailed tutorial about editing video in Windows 10 with this Windows 10 built-in video editor.
1. How to Trim Video with Microsoft Photos for Windows 10
- After opening the video file, click the "Pause" button in the middle to stop playing.
- Click Trim on the top right corner.
- At this time, there will be two endpoints at both ends of the video playback line. It can adjust the intercepted video's duration (left is the beginning, right in the end).
2. How to Add Text to a Video with Windows 10 Video Editor
The video editor that comes with Windows 10 also can add text to the video. You can add text to the photos or videos you added. There are different text styles for you to choose from. You can also set where the text is placed on the screen.
- Choose Text > Type Text in the box > Select animated text style > Done
3. How to Add Filters to Videos with Windows 10 Built-in Video Editor
Do you want your video to look different? Are you curious about why other people's edited videos look so special? You can learn how to make your video look different using photo and video filter functions. By applying various video filters to make the video look different. You can also choose the 3d effect.
- Choose Filters > Select any filters you like > Done
4. How to Adjust the Duration of a Photo with Windows 10 Video Editor Built in Tool
A big advantage of the Windows 10 video editor is adding photos and videos to the same project. You can't split or trim the photo, but you can adjust it when displayed on the screen.
You can set it to longer or shorter as needed. If you want to adjust the duration of the photo, you can select the photo by clicking. Then adjust the duration according to the pop-up dialog.
- Choose Duration > Select or Type * sec > Preview
To Sum Up
This post introduced two competent Windows 10 video editors and taught you how to use Windows 10 video editor.
If you only want to trim, split, or add text to your video, select the built-in tool. If you want to add a watermark, adjust the background music, detach the audio or get more special effects, a third-party tool may be more helpful than a default one.