Top 12 Best Voice Recorder on Windows/Mac/Android/iPhone/Online
If you are into audio editing or video editing, you may need to record voice on your devices. There are also many other occasions when you may need to record your or someone else's voice: Maybe you want to record yourself singing a happy birthday song for your friend? Or maybe you want to record something that you want to save for later while at a conference?
Regardless of why you need a voice recorder, there are a ton of voice recorder apps available in the market. At first, it might seem like picking just about any software will get the task done for you. However, that is not the case. Many of these voice recorders do not work as they are advertised, and you will simply end up wasting your time.
Luckily, we have handpicked some of the best voice recorder tools that you can use on your various devices. These programs will help you record your voice and sounds and save it as an audio file on your device. You can check them out below.
Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor (Windows 7/8/10)
While there are many voice recorders available on the Internet, nothing beats the simplicity and the set of features that EaseUS Video Editor provides. This video editing software is an excellent tool to record your voice, edit it, and export it into various formats right on your computer.
There are many features in the voice recorder that you can utilize to record crystal clear voices on your machine. Once the voice is recorded, you can edit it to fine-tune it and make sure it is as clear as it can be. Once you are done with that part, you can then save your voice in multiple audio formats.
- Easy to use
- Record your voice with the click of a button
- An unlimited amount of voice recording
- Wondwerful movie maker to help you create a movie trailer
- Support a lot of format conversions, like convert MKV to MP4
If you don't know how to reverse TikTok video, download it and you will get the answer.
Unlike many other sound recorders, you are only going to need a basic computer to use EaseUS Video Editor on your computer. That is all that you need to start recording your voice with this software on your computer.
How to record your voice using EaseUS Video Editor:
Using this software as a voice recorder is pretty easy and there is only one button that you need to click on to do the task. The following explains in detail how you can perform this task on your computer.
Step 1. Select an Aspect Ratio
When you launch the software, you will be asked to choose an aspect ratio for your project. This ratio does not apply to your audio files so you can pick any option and continue with your task.
Step 2. Select the Option to Record Your Voice
Once you are on the main interface, you will find several options to edit your video and audio files. To record your voice, you need to click on the icon for "Record voiceover". Make sure you are ready before you click the option as it will start recording your voice immediately.
Step 3. Start Recording Your Voice
You can now speak to the internal or external microphone on your computer to record your voice. A live progress bar will appear on your screen as your recording goes on. You can also see the loudness of your voice right on your screen. When you are done, click on "OK".
Step 4. Save Your Recorded Voice
When you finish recording your voice, it gets added to the timeline ready to be edited. You can edit it before you save it. When you are done, click on "Export" at the top, choose the "Audio" tab, and choose one of the formats to save your voice recording in.
That is pretty much it to record your voice using EaseUS Video Editor on your computer.
Top 2. Voice Recorder in Windows 10 (Windows 10)
If your computer runs the latest version, Windows 10, you already have a built-in voice recorder program on your machine. Microsoft has included this tool to help you record your voice without having to get any external apps on your computer.
The software can be launched from the Start Menu and it works just fine to help you record your voice with some basic options. There is not much to do in the app except for starting to record your voice and stopping the recording.
- Basic user interface
- One-click to record your voice
- Single-click to stop recording your voice
- View recorded voices within the app
- Trim your recorded voice
- No installation required
- Extremely easy to use
- Easily open the folder where recording is saved
- No editing options are available
- You cannot choose the format for your recordings
- A limited number of features
Top 3. Audacity (Windows 7/8/10)
If you are into music production or music editing, Audacity might sound familiar as it is used by thousands of music makers around the world. Although the app is more geared towards the users who make music, you can use the app to record your voice as well. It works great for voice recording tasks.
All you need to do is install the app on your computer and you can click on a button in the app to record your voice. Your recorded voice can then be edited with a plethora of tools that this app comes preloaded with.
- Easy voice recording
- Free and open-source
- Record voice from microphone and other devices
- Support for multiple channel recording
- View voice levels
- View live voice recording progress
- Comes with timer record
- Record at low latency
- It is a bit too overwhelming for new users
- Cluttered user interface
- UI cannot be easily customized
Download Link: https://www.audacityteam.org/
Top 4. QuickTime Player (Mac)
If you are a Mac user, you have likely been using QuickTime Player as a media file on your machine. It is more than that and there are many features in it that many users are not aware of. One of these features helps you to record voice on your machine without having to get any third-party tools.
There is an option in the app that allows you to record your voice and save it as an audio file on your Mac. You can then use the saved file in any of your projects including any audio editing projects on your computer.
- Use a keyboard shortcut to access voice recording
- Select your desired microphone for recording
- View the live size of your recordings
- Preview recording before saving it
- Save your recording in a compressed format
- A reliable tool to record voice
- Comes preloaded so no need to install
- Rarely crashes
- No audio editing features at all
- No support for multiple audio formats
- You cannot share recordings from within the app
Top 5. Simple Recorder (Mac)
Simple Recorder is a third-party tool you can use on your Mac to make voice recordings. It is a perfect tool to create some nice and basic voice recordings on your machine. The app sits in the menu bar on your Mac and that is where you can control it to perform any recordings.
There is an easy process to start and stop voice recordings with this app on your Mac. All you need to do is single-click on an option to start the recording. You can then do the same action to stop your recording.
- Minimalistic user interface
- Easy to work with from the menu bar
- Quick ways to start and stop recordings
- Record from multiple input sources
- Perfect for song recordings
- Available in many languages
- Pause recording when required
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
- Sometimes the recorded files are completely blank
- The app recordings are not recognized in other apps
- Constantly asks for a review
Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/simple-recorder-voice-recorder/id989175722?mt=12
Top 6. ocenaudio (Mac)
ocenaudio has been around for quite a long time and it works as both a voice recorder as well as a music editor. Once you have installed the app, you will find that, although it packs tons of features to help you record voice as well as edit music, how easy to use and basic interface it has got.
From support for various plugins to extend the functionalities to run on multiple platforms, there is a lot you can expect and get done with this app on your computer. It is a great tool to edit lengthy voice recordings as well.
- Add plugins for more features
- Preview your sound effects
- Record your voice with a single button
- Place multiple recordings side by side
- Works great with large files
- Compact interface
- Easy to find options
- Support for mono files only
- No multi-track editing
- Not many options for audio formats
Download Link: https://www.ocenaudio.com/
Top 7. Voice Recorder (Android)
While many Android devices come preloaded with the Voice Memos app to record voice, if yours has not come with one, you can use the Voice Recorder app from the Google Play Store. This app works like a charm to help you record your voice in various ways right on your Android phone.
With this app, you can be sure that your voice recordings will have no compromise on the quality front. You will get the best quality possible for your recordings with this app. There is a live spectrum analyzer if you want to use it.
- High-quality voice recording
- Save recorded voice in multiple formats
- Pause your recordings and resume when you want
- Share your recordings from within the app
- Record your voice in the background
- Remove recordings from within the app
- Microphone calibration tool
- MP3 encoding
- Sometimes it records voice in slow-motion
- Annoying permission prompts
- Occasional bugs
Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.media.bestrecorder.audiorecorder
Top 8. ASR Voice Recorder (Android)
One of the great things about ASR Voice Recorder is that it allows you to record voices on many different occasions with specific settings. It comes with no limitations and you can use it to record pretty much anything you want on your Android-based device.
There are a ton of formats that it supports for your voice recordings. You can also take notes while recording your voice which is something not many other apps offer. There is a customizable folder where it saves your recordings.
- Support for various audio formats including MP3 and WAV
- Add tags and labels to your voice recordings
- Cut and convert your recordings
- Control at what pace your recording plays
- Better control over voice quality
- Pause and discard recordings with single buttons
- Share recordings from within the app
- Listen to your recordings during the recording process
- Cloud upload is only available in the pro version
- Issues with a recording from an external mic
- Recorded voices often have echos
Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.asr
Top 9. Voice Recorder & Audio Editor (iPhone)
Your iPhone comes loaded with an app called Voice Memos to help you record your voices. However, some users prefer not to use it for various reasons. If you are one of those users, you can rely on the Voice Recorder & Audio Editor app available for your iOS-based devices.
This app allows you to both records your voice as well as edit that voice file directly in the same app. This eliminates the need to get a second app for editing your voice after you have recorded it. It comes with many other features as well that you may need for your voice recording tasks.
- Record for an infinite amount of time
- Use 3D touch to do voice recordings
- Upload your voice recordings to cloud services
- Share your recordings from the app
- Copy your recordings to your computer
- Support for many audio formats
- Easy to use interface
- Trim and loop recordings
- You can only transcribe recordings with an in-app purchase
- Text notes are not available in the free version
- No call recording supported in free mode
Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/voice-recorder-audio-editor/id685310398
Top 10. Awesome Voice Recorder (iPhone)
Awesome Voice Recorder is more suitable for those of you who are into business or journalism fields as this app has every feature you need for your professional voice recordings. From being able to record voices for your interviews to recording something like tutorials, you can do that all with this app on your iPhone.
What sets this app apart from the others is the number of features it has to offer. From letting you manage your recording folders to providing enhanced sharing options, you are never going to get disappointed with this app on your phone.
- Record your voice in multiple formats
- Top-quality for your recordings
- Record voices in the background
- Choose from multiple quality options
- Both mono and stereo recordings are supported
- Move recordings to iTunes and cloud services
- Create various folders to save different recordings
- Edit your voice recordings
- Too many options can confuse you if you are new
- No instructions as to how to use the app
- Slowed-down recordings
Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/awesome-voice-recorder/id892208399
Top 11. Online Voice Recorder (Online)
If you will not be recording voice for a long time and you only need to use it for a quick ad-hoc work, Online Voice Recorder could be the tool you have been looking for. It is a web-based tool that allows you to record your voice within your browser without having to install anything.
All you need to do is visit the tool's website and click on an option to start recording your voice. There is a single button on the main interface letting you start and stop your voice recordings. That makes this tool convenient to use.
- Decluttered user interface
- Save your voice recording in MP3
- Auto-delete the silent parts in your recordings
- Cut your voice recordings
- Modify your mic settings
- No installation required
- Works in any modern web browser
- Save the recorded file directly to your computer
- Not many editing tools
- Downloading recordings takes time
- Privacy concerns
Top 12. Speakpipe (Online)
Most online tools only run in web browsers on the computers but Speakpipe voice recorder works on your mobile phones as well. When you visit the site and start a recording, it utilizes the built-in mic on your device for your voice recording.
It has a three-step approach that makes recording voice convenient and easy for the users. It says your voice recordings are saved locally on your computer which means you can access them more quickly than if you were to download them from the web.
- Quick procedure to start a recording
- Works on smartphones
- The recordings are locally saved
- Get a link to online recording
- Share your voice recordings
- Use the tool from any browser
- No registration is required
- Clutter-free interface
- No option to use an external mic
- Voice quality issues
- Limits recording to 90 seconds in free version
If you ever need a voice recorder to record voice on your devices, there are plenty of options to choose from as shown above. EaseUS Video Editor does a great job of helping you record and edits your voice on your Windows computer. The other tools also do wonders at letting you perform voice recordings on your various phones and computers.