How to Create a Ghost Effect Video on You PC & Phone
Ghost Effects come from the concept of a spooky environment, which delivers a sense of fear, uncertainty, ghostly feeling. It can be in the form of effects, colors, background videos, and more. That said, it might not be necessarily fearful, but can also be something that feels magical. These effects stir a fair amount of sensation in those who are watching the video. If you want to make a ghost effect video, you may need a powerful ghost effect video editor. This post will show you some incredible video editing programs on Windows, Mac, and mobile phones and detail on how to create a ghost effect video with them easily.
The Best Ghost Effect Video Editor on Windows
On Windows, you can use the EaseUS Video Editor, HitFilm Express, and Lightworks to create ghost effects videos. While the EaseUS Video Editor is suitable for all types of users, the last two are for professionals. If your requirement goes beyond expected ghosting effects, then give them a try.
1. EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is close to a professional video editor that offers a plethora of features, including high-end editing tools to enhance videos, and specific editing tools such as trimming, merging. You can add filter to video, background effects, audio effects, and so on. Coming to a ghosting effect video, you can choose a few from filters, overlays, and transitions to add that effect as not every filter will bring that effect. You can also customize the video without using filters like changing the color settings of the videos.
Overall it's a perfect video editor for Windows, which doesn't need high-end hardware to edit videos but works with a decent configuration. If you are using Windows computer, EaseUS Video Editor is an excellent choice.
Features of EaseUS Video Editor:
- Offer exhaustive video effects and filters
- Change video properties such as sound, contrast, brightness, etc
- Speech to text, green-screen effects, background audio, and music effects, noise filters, and more
- Support formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, and GIF, MP3 and AAC
- Support various format conversions, like convert MP3 to MP4
Now download EaseUS Video Editor and create a ghost effect video by checking the following tutorials.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Video Editor and drag the video into the media library. You can choose videos based on your editing style.
Step 2. To add ghost effects, you can use filters, transitions, and overlays. However, make sure to add them only you are done with video editing. You also can drag and drop the filter to the exact position or press the plus button next to the ghost effects.
Step 3. If you want to remove or disable part of the video, you can always overlap with part of the video if you're going to hide something.
Step 4. Once done, click on the Export button, and choose the video format or destination of the video. You can export the quality you wish.
2. HitFilm Express
If you are looking for a fully loaded video editing software, this one can top the charts. It offers hundreds of effects and presets, which can be used to create ghosting effects videos where you can make objects and people disappear. You can use the layer visibility effects to replace part of the vide by removing the item.
That said, the tool also offers essentials tools such as adding text, filters, effects, trimming, splicing, transitions, and many more. You get access to layers, track locking, combined timelines, color coding, personalized playback, mask editing, and rendering easily.
- Over 410+ effects and presets
- Free video tutorials and presets
- Unlimited tracks and transitions
- 3D models are exclusive to pro
Download Link: https://fxhome.com/hitfilm-express
If HitFilm looks complex, Lightworks is your best option. One of the strengths of the Lightworks is it's in the timeline, which has a higher degree of control and makes it possible to create fantastic ghost effects. Apart from all the tools required to edit the videos, it offers custom keyboard shortcuts and a decent variety of filters for ghosting.
- Allow editing from multiple sources which can be used for ghosting effectively
- Color correction and Blend Modes with rendering effects
- Work with effect keyframes
- Support Chroma Keys
- Export only in MPEG Format
- High learning curve
- Built for professional users only
Download Link: https://www.lwks.com/
The Best Ghost Effect Video Editor on Mac
iMovie and Shotcut are two wonderful ghost effect video editing programs you can use on macOS. iMovie comes pre-installed while Shotcut needs to be installed.
Available for all the macOS users, the tool offers an overlapping timeline with filters and the ability to enable disable part of the clip and add ghost effects using a mix of filters. iMovie is an excellent video editor that offers all essential tools, including trimming, adding voice-overs, transitions, effects, and more. You can also merge videos and audios to form a standard clip to edit them together.
- Hundreds of effects in the form of filters
- Directly share videos on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more
- Support green screen editing
- Ken Burns effects make it possible to move around frames
- Only available on Mac
- Ghosting effects will be limited because of fewer features compared to other tools
Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/imovie/id377298193
2. Final Cut Pro X
Final Cur Pro is a popular video editor. It provides an overlapping timeline, noise filters, advanced color grading, 360-degree video editing, and more. Coming to ghosting effects, you can use the green color masking effect to remove the object. You also can add two layers of the video and change the opacity or shoot the effects at the same place, and then add a layer. To make it better, you also use the concept of keyframes.
- View clips as filmstrips
- Skimming allows you to preview video frame by frame
- Only for professionals
- Works only for macOS
Download Link: https://www.apple.com/in/final-cut-pro/
The Best Ghost Effect Videos App on Phone
Most of the video editors on Android and iOS allow you to create a ghost effect video if they support the Green screen effect. In this part, we will show you two incredible applications to complete the task.
1. Power Video Editor - Android
This android application is one of the best ghost effect video editing apps. Using it, you can change transparency, add masks, use chroma-key, and create double exposure effects from video overlays and blending-modes. All these are keys for creating ghost effects added with overlapping timeline affects.
- Offer editing tools such as trimming splicing, merging, and so on
- Adjust color, brightness, or saturation
- Support audio, video, and images all in the multi-timeline
- A lot of free templates, effects, filters, and background images
- Advertisements in the free model
- Limited file type
- Need skills to use this app, which makes it challenging for beginners
Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.powerdirector.DRA140225_01
2. Luma Fusion - iOS
If you are looking for a Final Cut Pro level application, Luma Fusion is the best app out there. It offers professional video editor features like overlapping timeline, effects, color-tag, and many more. To create a ghosting effect video, you will have to use the same concept of multi-layer video with opacity, green screen, color correction tool, chroma-key, blurs, distort, styles, and color.
- Offers project manager with a variety of aspect ration (landscape, portrait, and more)
- Support from 18FPS to 240 FPS
- You can add up to six video audio tracks with overlapping photos and graphics
- No option to multi-select clips on a timeline to make a change or move them
- Maximum of three video tracks allowed
- Auto-linking of timeline items is not configurable
Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lumafusion/id1062022008
The ghost effect is a powerful way to make video exciting, and keep consumers hooked to it. While they look overly complicated, most of the simple effects can be achieved using any of these tools. When using Windows, EaseUS Video Editor is an excellent choice that offers multiple timelines, filters, transitions, and a professional video editor to create ghost effects in the videos.