Free and Unlimited: Top 10 Best Free Online Video Editor with Music and Effects
There are many free online video editor without watermark out there that have basic and advanced video and audio editing capabilities, including video cropping, rotating, trimming, applying filters, transitions, adjusting the playback speed, and some even have some additional features.
In this article, we are going to talk about the top ten best free desktop and online video editor that enables you to edit videos with music, effects, and pictures easily. These programs are accessible for both beginners and pros, easy to get to grips with.
Top 5 Best Free Online Video Editor for YouTube
The free online video editor listed here are some of the better-known tools. They are for anyone who wants to edit a video quickly but doesn't want to waste time downloading desktop software.
Clipchamp is a renowned free online video editor that comes with all of the pro functions required to make videos, no technical experience needed. You can use it to trim or cut videos to remove unwanted parts and reduce videos to their most important sections, crop your video or so that only a segment of the original frame appears in the output video, add filters, and transitions to create a special video slideshow.
It also provides video compression, converter, and webcam recorder as well.
- Free online video editor with powerful and pro-grade features
- Easy video editing for everyone, no experience needed
- Trim, cut, split, combine, flip, rotate, crop, add text, titles, and supers without effort
- Directly export the edited video s on the computer or share it to Google Drive, Facebook, etc.
- Sign up your Google account or Facebook account first before using
- Video footage can't be export in 4K
- The free version is limited to export at the 480P SD resolution
WeVideo is a great free online video maker that allows you to upload videos, photos, and audio files from a local computer or social sites, such as Google Drive, Facebook, Box, Instagram, or Dropbox, etc.
This online video maker offers you the basic video trimming, splitting, clipping, overlaying, framing, and other features. Except for the online version, you can download the WeVideo on your iPhone, Android phones, Windows 10 computer, and Mac to edit videos offline.
- Easy, fast and flexible to use
- Support for multiple devices, including Chromebook, Windows, Mac, and mobile
- 4K resolution is only supported in unlimited and above versions.
- Features are limited for the free tool
- Need to sign in before using the online video editor
Clideo free online video maker enables you to create a video using other videos, photos, GIFs, and music. This video creator has resolutions presets for social media platforms, like Instagram, Stories, YouTube, and Facebook, so you won't need to search for a special app to resize the video.
You can use it to merge, compress, resize, cut, crop, rotate, add music, reverse, add subtitles to your video, and so on.
- Easy-to-use interface
- No need to sign up at first
- Work with any video, photos, and audio format
- Works on any device, such as Mac, Windows computer, iPhone, or Android phone
- You can only add 500MB video files for free
Biteable is one of the simplest free online video makers that allows you to resize your video for a particular social channel, add animated text/image to video, create a video montage from images and footage, convert image to video, or make other edits to your video.
You can use less time to create a pro-grade video file with Biteable.
- Friendly to users without experience
- Independent function module, very clear
- Multiples templates are available
- Sign up at first before using the online video editing tool
- Features not complete in the free version
Kizoa is another nice free online video editor that provides different aspect ratios such as 16:9, 4:3, 3:2, 1:1 and 9:16, 3:4, and 2:3 portrait formats. You can use it to editor video with photos, and music from your computer or social media account like Facebook.
Kizoa has all the common video editing abilities, such as crop, rotate, and flip video, add subtitles/effects/transitions to video, and so on. After editing, you can export and store your photos, video, and music to cloud for multiple safeguards.
- Provide batches of animations and effects that can be added to the video
- No need to register at the beginning to access features
- Support 4K UHD footage
- Available for iPhone
- The free version only supports editing video with watermark
- The exported video is limited to 720P
Top 5 Best Free Windows 10 Video Editor
- #1. EaseUS Video Editor
- #2. Adobe Premiere Pro
- #3. Windows 10 Built-in Tool
- #4. Lightworks
- #5. Hitfilm Express
Once you've used online tools, you know that one of the big drawbacks of the online video editor is that they are slow to upload and download. In addition, another important reason many people still like offline software is that online tools don't do enough to keep files safe. The files you upload may be permanently saved and visible to others, which is not conducive to privacy protection. Therefore, we highly recommend you try a desktop video editor to create a video with more comprehensive functions.
EaseUS Video Editor is a simple-to-use and ultimate video editing program that is accessible to both beginners and professionals. It offers the easiest solutions to edit videos with pictures, music, texts, and subtitles. It supports almost all the media file formats, including mp4, avi, mpeg, wmv, mov, rmvb, vob, flv, m4a, mpg, trp, and a lot more.
The stunning features of EaseUS Video Editor are listed below.
- Trim, cut, split, rotate, mix video clips, apply stylish video effects, accelerate/slow down video speed, etc.
- Offer comprehensive converting options, such as convert MP4 to GIF, convert MP3 to MP4, convert YouTube video to MP3
- Great collection of video filters and overlay effects to help you enhance the look of your movies
- Import media files from PC disk, camcorders, DV cameras, vidicons, webcams, cell phones, etc.
- Free video speed changer software
Now, download this video editor for free. You can flexibly choose to export videos in various formats. Or you can also burn videos to DVD or directly upload your video to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. cameras, vidicons, webcams, cell phones, etc.
Step 1. Import Target Files
Launch EaseUS Video Editor, select a desired aspect ratio on the main screen: 9:16, 16:9, or 4:3.
Import target files like GoPro shots, game screenshots, photos, music, etc. by clicking "Import" or dragging it into EaseUS Video Editor.
Step 2. Add Files to Projects
Right-click on the imported files one by one and select "Add to project".
Step 3. Add Effects and Edit Video
EaseUS Video Editor contains many visual effects, such as Text templets, Filters, Overlays, Transitions, Animation Elements, and Background Music, etc. to help you create a magic video.
To add them, you need to download these effects in advance. Then select video project, right-click downloaded effects and select "Add to Project".
- Text: You can input and add words to your video as Opener, Title, Subtitle.
- Filter: Beautify your videos with up to 49 filters.
- Overlay: Personalize your video with over 30 frames.
- Transitions: Add visual effect to your video between clips, transiting naturally.
- Elements: Add animated elements to video, making it more interesting.
- Music: Over 100 background music templates, satisfy your diversified needs.
You may use the timeline and drag them to re-place them to the desired position. Timeline with the tool menu can help you edit, split, delete, crop, zoom, freeze frame, set duration, record voice over, convert speech to text, or vice versa in a video.
Step 4. Export Video
When you finish editing the video, click "Export" on the top menu bar, select the desired format for your video, rename it, browse a safe location and click "Export" to save it on your PC.
Pros: EaseUS Video Editor provides pro-level video editing capabilities for FREE.
Cons: It is not compatible with macOS. The free version is watermarked.
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the most professional video editors that enables you to crop, trim, cut, split, add filters, add visual effects, and even combine footage with comprehensive solutions.
For video formats, it supports MP4, AVI, MOV, AVCHD, and many more. After editing video with this software, you can burn the video to DVD and post to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Vimeo.
Pros: Create an incredible video with all the basic and advanced video editing, color grading, and audio editing features
Cons: Trial available, $29.99/month or $239.88/year, not cheap
#3. Windows 10 Built-in Tool
Windows 10 pre-installed Photos is a totally free photo and video editing too. It supports trimming, splitting, adding text/motion effects/3D effect/filters to video, adding background music or custom audio, change the speed of the video, and more.
Pros: Organize and edit your photos and generate them to a movie with one click.
Cons: Not as functional as professional video editing software
Lightworks provides a complete video creation package and comes with many amazing features: simple & intuitive user interface, wide file format support including variable frame rate media, like MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG, compatibility with macOS, Windows, or even Linux.
Pros: It has a simple-to-use interface and comprehensive video editing solutions.
Cons: The free version only lasts seven days and has limitations on features and export formats.
#5. Hitfilm Express
HitFilm Express is a free video editing software with professional-grade VFX tools to help you create and edit splendid films and videos. Whether you are an amateur or professional, with this video editing program, you can make awesome videos or movies with excellent content.
There are full-around functions for you, such as picture in picture, adaptive trimmer, unlimited tracks, 3D camera projection, animation tools, and so on.
Pros: HitFilm Express is a professional-grade video editor content that helps you make awesome content, files, or gaming videos.
Cons: The pro version of this software is expensive, ranging from $400 to $700.
To Sum Up
This tutorial collects the most popular online free video editor and offline video editing programs for you. If you want to edit your video in a quick and time-saving way and don’t need much functionality, you can choose an online video maker.
If you want to create a cinematic video and need some high-level video editing operations, try a desktop video editing software, like EaseUS Video Editor, Adobe Premiere Pro, or other reliable applications.
Free Online Video Editor FAQs
The following questions are the most relevant topics to free online video editor, let's take a look together.
1. What is the best free online video editor?
Top 10 best free online video editors:
- #1. ClipChamp
- #2. WeVideo
- #3. Clideo
- #4. Biteable
- #5. Kizoa
- #6. Wideo
- #7. FlexClip
- #8. Magisto
- #9. Kapwing
- #10. Hippo Video
2. Where can I edit my videos for free?
Try the top five best free video editing software for Windows 10:
- #1. EaseUS Video Editor
- #2. Adobe Premiere Pro
- #3. Windows 10 Built-in Tool
- #4. Lightworks
- #5. Hitfilm Express
3. Can I edit videos online?
To edit videos online, choose the one that fits your needs best from the top best free online video editors on this page. Clipchamp is one of the best free online video makers that is powerful enough to handle any video editing job, but simple enough for anyone to use.
4. How can I make a video online for free?
You can make a video online for free by using Clideo, one of the greatest free video makers:
Step 1. Upload files. Choose the necessary files from any of your devices, or select them from Dropbox or Google Drive.
Step 2. Make a video. Add more files using any of the methods from the 1 step. You can add 500MB for free.
Step 3. Save the edited video. Wait a few moments depending on how large the files are.