Top 3 Best Cloning Software for HDD and SSD
Overview of Disk Cloning
Disk cloning software enables you to fully copy all the contents of one hard drive, including uneditable or unviewable system files to another disk. You may need to clone a hard drive for various purposes, for example:
- To recover lost/damaged data
- To upgrade a hard drive
- To save a failing drive
- To transfer system, applications, or a large amount of data onto a new computer, hard drive, or SSD
When you encounter any of these mentioned situations, you may want to find and download the best disk cloning software so that you can manage the job with the least time and effort. Here, in this article, we'll introduce you to the top three best cloning software in 2021 for HDD or SDD clone.
Top 1. EaseUS Todo Backup
EaseUS Todo backup software is powerful in backup and recovery, copy and clone for laptops, PCs & workstation. With this tool, you can easily realize complete data protection by system/disk/file backup, disk/partition clone, and image recovery. This powerful and best disk cloning software has outstanding disk clone functions. It is very safe and easy, so there is no need to hesitate.
- Copy HDD to SSD or clone SSD to larger SSD
- migrate OS to SSD, like clone Windows 10 OS to new SSD
- Make cloned OS, HDD/SSD bootable after cloning
- Support Cloning OS to a Portable External USB
- Automatically backup data as long as you set a backup schedule.
- Support PC/laptop, internal/external hard drive, USB drive, Micro card, Camcorder, and more
Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP; Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003
Supported file system: FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+, ReFS
The following video and word tutorials will show you how it's easy to use this best cloning software to clone a hard drive.
Step 1. Launch and run EaseUS Todo Backup on your PC and select "Clone" on the left pane.
Step 2. Select the disk or partition that you want to clone.
And then select the destination disk that you want to save cloned disk or partition with data.
1. Usually, you do not need to tick sector by sector clone for its speed is very slow.
2. If you try to restore data from an old or dead hard drive, sector by sector cloning is recommended. Just clicking "Advanced options" -> "Sector by sector clone".
Step 3. Click "Proceed" to start cloning your disk or partition now.
Top 2. Macrium Reflect
Macrium Reflect is a Windows backup utility developed by Paramount Software UK Ltd. It can create a backup image of partitions, disks, or individual files and folders. And you can use the backup image to restore the disk, partitions, or individual files and folders. It is mainly designed for business clients or enterprises with huge data to protect. As for its cloning features, it has the following features.
- Clone an entire hard drive or specific partitions on a hard drive
- Boot the target disk on the same system after cloning
- Clone HDD or SSD to another HDD or SSD
- Rapid Delta Cloning increases cloning speed by copying file system deltas
Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Supported file system: FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, ReFS
Top 3. Clonezilla
Clonezilla is a disk cloning, disk imaging, data recovery program. Three types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live, Clonezilla lite server, and Clonezilla SE (server edition). Clonezilla live is suitable for a single device, while Clonezilla lite server or SE is for multiple device deployment, backup, and recovery.
- It enables you to clone disk/partition to a separate hard drive
- The cloned data can be saved as an image file or as a duplicated copy of the data
- The clone file can then be used to restore the original
- Online imaging/cloning is not implemented yet
- The partition to be imaged or cloned has to be unmounted
Supported OS: Windows, Linux
Supported file system: FAT 12/16/32, ext2/3/4, NTFS, HFS+, UFS
EaseUS Todo Backup VS Macrium Reflect
Both provide similar backup and cloning capabilities. However, EaseUS Todo Backup is compatible with nearly all the Windows PC, Windows Server, and macOS versions, while Macrium Reflect only supports Windows OS.
EaseUS Todo Backup VS Clonezilla
EaseUS Todo Backup is better in terms of clone functions and operational convenience. It's quite user-friendly with its graphical interface, but Clonezilla's developer screen is not suitable for ordinary users.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More