Exchange backup is very important in organization where Exchange Server is applied. It is strongly recommended by experts that Exchange database backup is performed on a regular basis and by professionals for the purpose of disaster recovery.
Exchange backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup is a multi-functional and cost-effective backup software for Microsoft Exchange Server and SQL Server. Backup and restore is an easier job and users can be back to work sending and receiving e-mails in seconds. It performs more functions to protect Exchange Server anytime and maximizes uptime of servers.
- Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003.
- Support Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, SBS.
- Support hot backup, full backup, incremental backup, differential backup, schedule backup.
- Support for backup to FTP Server, tape, hard disk, network, NAS, removable disk.
- Support password protected archives.
- Notify administrator the backup results by sending E-mail.
- Support fast restore of MS Exchange backup.
- Also support Microsoft SQL Server.
I will show you how to backup and restore Exchange data with EaseUS Todo Backup as follows.
How to backup Exchange data with EaseUS Todo Backup
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and create an Exchange backup task.
2. Select ExchangeDB or ExchangeMail to backup.
3. Enter Plan name and Description for your Exchange backup.
4. Click folder icon behind Destination to select backup storage location.
5. Set schedule to backup Exchange later, daily, weekly, monthly or upon event.
Note: enter account and password with Administrator privilege to make the schedule take effect.
6. Click Backup options and pop up the following window, set backup compression, password, splitting etc.
7. Turn on Backup Cleanup, and input days to preserve images or the number of last backup files you want to preserve.
What's more, you can choose to preserve the first image.
8. Click Proceed to backup Exchange.
How to restore Exchange data with EaseUS Todo Backup
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup, select exchange backup task and then click Recovery.
2. Select a backup time point and select the backed up Exchange data.
3. Click Proceed.
Was This Page Helpful?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why choose EaseUS Todo Backup?
"The easiest way to protect your data and system files." —techradar
"As a slogan, EaseUS develops software to "make your life easy." It's clear from this app's reliability and design that this is a priority. Todo Backup Home is one of the easiest PC backup programs to use in our review." —business.com
"EaseUS ToDo Backup Home is a great backup program, well suited to the home and SMB space." —PCWorld
- What is the difference between Clone and Backup? In what cases should I use Clone?
Clone will copy one disk to another or one partition to another (unallocated space is also supported). Usually, this option is used to upgrade the current disk by creating an identical copy. Backup will generate a .PBD image file containing the selected files or system that can be restored from the .PBD image if needed.
- What is the difference between System Backup and Disk Backup?
System Backup will auto-select the system boot related partition(s) as the backup source to make sure the system image can be restored properly. Disk/Partition Backup will allow you to manually select a whole disk or speficy a certain partition as the backup source. You will get the same backup result as System Backup if you manually select the system and boot partitions with the Disk/Partition Backup option.
- As a computer newbie, what features should I use to protect my computer?
You can use System Backup to back up the system and boot partitions, use Disk/Partition backup to back up the data partition and add plans to run an automatic backup. If you use the computer frequently or have software that may cause boot failure of the computer, we would suggest you back up the computer every 1 to 2 days. For other situations, you can backup the computer once a week. In addition, you can schedule File Backup to back up the files which are changed frequently.
- What kind of storage service should I use to save my backup images?
EaseUS Todo Backup can save backup images to internal disks, external disks, network drives, or free cloud(Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive) and CD/DVD. It is suggested to save the images to the internal/external/network drives to save time as those kinds of disks have a better read-write speed. It is suggested NOT to save the image on the source disk, because once the disk is damaged, all the files on the disk will become unavailable and you will be unable to restore the image.
- As a company network administrator, what features should I use to protect our internal computers?
It is recommended that you use the SQL Backup feature to back up your company's SQL server and Exchange Backup feature to back up the Exchange server. In addition, you can execute System Backup to back up the system and boot partitions on every computer and set a plan to execute the backup once a day or twice a week to ensure that the computer can be restored timely when it has boot issues. File Backup feature can be used to back up important user data. If there are a large quantity of computers, you can purchase EaseUS Backup Center to manage the backups on the client computers centrally.