Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
SD cards are short terms for "Secure Digital" cards. It is a small, electrical, portable device with microchip circuitry for uploading, processing, storing, and transferring media material, including files, photos, and apps. Such cards function with suitable technology such as PCs, cameras, mobile phones, and some medical diagnostic devices equipped with SD slot inlays for instant access. Some of the essential benefits of these cards are as below:
- Improves storage capacity with minimal effort
- A huge storage capacity card is cost economical.
- Decreases the consumption of internal memory used by the phone.
- Consumes a little amount of electricity.
Apart from the benefits, there are certain things about secure digital cards, such as their versions. This card system has had several modifications since its inception in 1999. The various variants are shown below in the table, with their storage capability and highest data transmission rate.
|Versions||Definitions||Storage Capacity||Data Transmission Rate|
|SD||Abbreviation for "secure digital" card that stores and saves files, audio, photos, and other data.||2GB||12.5 MB Per Second|
|SDHC||SDHC stands for "Secure Digital High Capacity" and is a form of flash memory card built on the SDA 2.00 standard that allows SD cards to hold up to 32 GB of data.||32GB||25 MB Per Second|
|SDXC||SDXC stands for "Secure Digital eXtended Capacity," is the most recent kind. This format, specified in version 3.01 of the SD standards, may hold up to 2TB of data.||2TB||312 MB Per Second|
Also read: TF card VS SD card
Now that we've studied the advantages and potential of SD cards let's glance at the considerations that users should make before utilizing one. Such cards come in various shapes, sizes, and capacities, and they may be used as primary storage or to expand the storage space of other devices, such as tablets and smartphones. So let's get right to assisting you while using the card for your preferences.
- Speed: It is, undoubtedly, the most critical component in determining your storage requirements. Consider the various speed categories of SD cards as it is necessary to avoid overpaying for your requirements.
- Size: Knowing the size of a memory card makes determining its suitability with your device much easier. These are available in three sizes: micro, mini, and standard. Although each offers the same reliability, the card's capacity to be supported is critical.
- Capacity: All users have their storage requirements, and each memory card versions have their storage capacity. Users can select the required capacity as per their needs and device supports.
- Compatibility: The final concern to look at is your device's compatibility. For example, gadgets that precede the latest technologies will not accept the latest SDXC cards. However, because devices are compatible with older ones, previous versions may be easily used on modern devices. The older cards can hamper the performance as these are relatively slower.
You must be curious to learn "What is it used for?" after considering all of the considerations above while utilizing the cards. These cards have been extensively used in various consumer gadgets for keeping gigabytes of data at a low cost due to their compact size. Some of the common gadgets that employ these cards are as follows:
- Digital cameras
- Video game consoles
- Set-top boxes
- Home theatre devices, including Blu-ray players
- IoT devices like security cameras
- Video camcorders
- Latest TV models
SIM refers to the "subscriber identity module," a tiny card supplied by cellular service providers. It enables the device it is plugged into to interact with several other network devices and function on the mobile network.
Now that you know SIM cards and SD cards, it is essential to their differences as well. The fundamental distinction between both cards is that the SIM is used for network access in a mobile phone, while the secure digital card stores data and files. Therefore, a SIM card is far more crucial than another card.
To get a proper differentiation among both the cards, you may consider the below table:
|Point of Difference||SIM||SD|
|Involvement of Cellular Provider||Yes||No|
|Storage Capacity||It has a small storage capacity, and it stores only contacts.||You can decide its storage capacity as per your requirements. You can store files, data, images, and several other things.|
|Account Creation||It has a specific number that helps in account creation in a bank.||No certain feature.|
|Replaceable in case of Loss or Theft||Yes, you can get the same number with the cellular provider.||You cannot get the same card, and all of your saved data will be lost.|
Secure Digital cards are convenient, but they also risk data loss from even the simplest operation. For most Android smartphone and camera users, losing images from the memory card is the most common problem. Under most circumstances, you will lose photographs in the following scenarios.
- Delete photographs by accident
- Card Formatted, becomes corrupted or destroyed.
- Virus infection
- Power outages
Fortunately, all of the data on the cards stay in the same location and may be restored using data recovery software. Some useful data recovery software is available that can assist with formatted data recovery, damaged or lost data recovery, RAW data recovery, and others.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one of the most important tools for retrieving your lost data. It's a dependable memory card data retrieval program that may help you recover deleted or lost files. It effortlessly and rapidly handles 100+ real-life data loss circumstances such as formatting, deletion, RAW, etc. It's a savior for recovering data from memory cards, CF or SDHC cards, microSD cards, and other storage devices. This is a must-have instrument if you want a confirmed and secured card recovery. Some of the essential highlights to acknowledge about the tool are as follows:
EaseUS SD Card Recovery Software
- FAT, NTFS, exFAT, NTFS5, HFS+, ext2/ext3, and ReFS are all compatible file systems.
- Allows data recovery from a range of devices, including a PC, a laptop, a USB drive, a Micro card, a digital camera, and others.
- Repairs JPG or JPEG photographs and MP4 or MOV camera videos that have been damaged or corrupted.
Step 1. Select the SD card to scan
- Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your Windows PC.
- Use the proper way to connect your SanDisk/Lexar/Transcend SD card to the computer.
- Open EaseUS SD card recovery software. All connected drives will display here. Select your SD card and click "Scan".
Step 2. Check for scan results
- Wait for the scanning process to complete.
- Click "Filter" and specify one or several file types to show up, like Pictures, Word, Excel, PDF, Videos and so on.
- Click "Preview" to check if they are the wanted files.
Step 3. Recover SD card data
- Choose desired files and click "Recover".
- Choose a different location to save the recovered files instead of the original SD card.
This article has covered the SD cards, their versions, and their distinction from a SIM card. You will also learn about the best SD card data recovery tool, namely, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It can assist you in recovering the deleted images and files in three simple stages. If you accidentally delete or lose your memory card data, feel free to use this tool for the best results.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More