Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Follow the step-by-step guides to fix SD card is blank or has an unsupported filesystem' error.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Re-install disk drivers||First update disk drivers...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Run chkdsk to fix the issue||Run chkdsk command to fix the unsupported SD...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Recover data from SD card||Recover data instantly if the error still exists...Full steps|
|Fix 4. Format the SD card||After getting the data back, format the SD card...Full steps|
Overview of Blank SD Card Error
The "Blank SD card" error usually occurs due to improper operations, and the supplementary error description is "SD card is blank or has some unsupported filesystem". The unsupported SD card error usually comes with problems like SD card unreadable or undetectable. Why is SD card blank or has an unsupported filesystem? As far as we concerned, many unpleasant situations would throw your Android phone memory card into such an error. For instance, abrupt removal, virus infection, file system corruption showing as RAW, and other logical damages...
4 Solutions to 'SD card is blank or has an unsupported filesystem' error
The problem mostly happens to Android phone SD cards, Camera SD cards, memory cards or other USB drives, etc. When it occurs, do you know any fix? Sure, disk formatting would be the most direct method to fix a blank SD card., but this will wipe out all the existing data and finally lead to a serious data loss problem. Fortunately, full and safe solutions for the "SD card is blank or has some unsupported filesystem" error are offered here to help!
STEP 1. Re-install disk drivers to fix blank and unsupported SD card
One of the most frequently used troubleshooting methods for a removable drive is to update disk drivers. If your SD card cannot be detected or recognized by the computer or device, here we have two methods for you to fix it:
1. Unplug your SD card and connect it to the other device, or PC, to see whether it can be read or not.
2. If the other phone or PC cannot read the blank SD card, connect it to a computer, and try to show hidden device driver, and reinstall disk drivers as instructed.
- In Windows 10, for example, type cmd in the search box and right-click "Command Prompt", then choose "Open as administrator".
- Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 at the command prompt interface. Then input "start devmgmt.msc" and hit Enter.
- Next, "Device Manager" will open. Click the "View" tab and select "Show hidden devices".
- Now expand the "Universal serial bus controller" section.
- If you find any grayed entries > Right-click on it > Select "Uninstall".
Reboot the computer and the drivers will be automatically re-installed. Connect the SD card to your mobile phone, and it should be fine now.
STEP 2. Run chkdsk to fix blank and unsupported SD card
If it still cannot be detected by the computer, there might exist some internal errors, like file system corruptions, that results in a blank SD card. Then, you can run chkdsk command to get the unsupported SD card fixed.
Note that the CHKDSK command will remove all data from the SD card. So make sure that you recover all files with reliable file recovery software first.
- In the same way to open Windows Command Prompt.
- Type: chkdsk g: /f (f represents your sd card drive letter) and hit Enter
The chkdsk /f command is for checking and repairing disk drive issues. When the command takes effect, your SD card will become readable again.
File system corruption is likely to show the disk status as RAW, and you can try to repair RAW SD card to fix the unsupported file system error.
If command line is not your ideal choice, you can apply this command-line alternative tool - EaseUS CleanGenius. Use this one-click tool to fix the file system error on your hard drive.
Step 1. DOWNLOAD EaseUS CleanGenius on your computer for free.
Step 2. Run the software. Click "Optimization" on the left panel, and then choose "File Showing" .
Step 3. Go to "Choose drive" and select the drive with a file system error. Check the "Check and fix file system error" option and click "Execute".
Step 4. Wait the EaseUS CleanGenius completes the repairing process. After that, click the "here" to view the result.
STEP 3. Recover data from SD card that is blank or has some unsupported filesystem
What if the "SD card is blank or has some unsupported filesystem" error still exists after you have tried all the above two methods? Don't worry! You can still try to restore data from the blank SD card and then format the device to permanently fix all the possible errors that might cause the problem. Here, professional SD card recovery software from EaseUS Software will help you manage the data recovery job. Note that the free file recovery software allows you to restore 2GB data for free. To recover an unlimited amount of data, upgrade the free version to the full version.
Guide: How to restore data from blank and unsupported SD card
Step 1. Select SD card to scan
- Downoad and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your Windows PC.
- Use the proper way to connect your SD card to the computer. Let Windows recognize the card and assign it a drive letter.
- Launch EaseUS SD card recovery software. All connected drives will display here. Select your SD card according to its drive letter under the Devices section. Click "Scan" to start finding lost data on your SD card.
Step 2. Check for scan results
After the scanning process, you can click "Filter" and specify one or several file types to show up, like Pictures, Word, Excel, PDF, Videos and so on. This will help you quickly find wanted files of one kind.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- After the scan, you can check and preview found files by double-clicking each one of them.
- Choose desired files and click Recover.
- Choose a different location to save the recovered files instead of the orginal SD card.
STEP 4. Format to fix blank and unsupported SD card for reuse
Finally, after getting all the data back from the inaccessible SD card, you just need some simple clicks to format the SD card to the wanted file system. This operation will help you permanently remove the "SD card is blank or has some unsupported filesystem" error and make the card work properly again.
To format a blank SD card in Disk Management:
- Press Windows + R keys to bring up the Run box. Type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- In Disk Management, right-click on the blank SD card and choose Format...
- Follow the on-screen wizard, choose an NTFS/FAT32 file system according to your own case, and perform a quick format.
The Bottom Line
That's all about how to fix SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem error. Hope you can solve your problem after reading this post. If you have any questions, please contact our support team: [email protected]
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More