Table of Contents
Best Windows 8 Screen Recorder | 10 Options
Windows 8 has never lacked any kind of apps. If you have used this operating system version or still use it, there are loads of apps for all kinds of tasks. One of the things you may sometimes want to do on your machine is to record your Windows 8 screen.
If you have not been able to find a suitable Windows 8 screen recorder for this task and are looking for options, you have come to the right place. Here you can learn the top 10 screen recording software for Windows 8 with detailed descriptions.
You may also want to learn the best screen recorder for Windows 10
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
Compatibility: Window 7/8/8.1/10 and macOS
If what you are looking for is a tool that is not too difficult to use and helps make some screen recordings quickly, look no further than EaseUS RecExperts. This is one of the best tools that you can ever get to record screen on your Windows 8 PC.
With this tool, you can record your screen or audio and save it in your chosen format on your machine. For screen recording, there are many configurable options like selecting the area that you want to record, choosing an audio source for your recording, adding an optional webcam overlay to your video, and so on.
More advanced recording options also can get in this software. With its help, you can choose to start, stop, or split the recording automatically or not. And this screen recorder offers you some editing tools to trim or add elements to the recorded files after the capturing.
- Loads of customizable options
- Record part of screen or full screen flexibly
- Record screen, audio, webcam, and gameplay
- Support schedule recording
- Extract audio from the recorded videos with one click
Just click the below button o download this Windows 8 screen capture software for free now!
Top 2. OBS Studio
Compatibility: Windows 8/8.1/10
OBS Studio is the acronym for Open Broadcaster Software, and this program allows you to screen record Windows 8 computers quickly. The software is free and open-source, which means you are not tied to a commercial company for any contracts or anything. There are many types of sources that you can add to the program and record content from them.
However, with a complicated UI, it is not friendly to novices and users who have little knowledge about recording.
- Totally free and open-source
- Find all your recordings in a single folder
- Customize the user interface of the program
- Not many editing tools
- Lack some of the high-end features
Top 3. CamStudio
Compatibility: Windows XP/7/8/10
CamStudio features creating demonstrations of procedures on their computers. This free Windows 8 screen capture works just fine.
This software makes it easy to create procedure videos, tutorials, educational videos, and even funny videos. Besides, it will record whatever appears on your screen, and it records your computer's audio as well.
- Multi-purpose screen recorder for Windows 8
- Create videos that are bandwidth-friendly
- Add captions to your videos
- Come with lossless codecs
- Limited recording features
- No animation options
Top 4. ShareX
Compatibility: Windows 7/8.1/10
You probably know ShareX as a screenshot tool for your computer, but you can use this tool to record your screen as well. The tool works just fine on Windows 8 machines, and all you need to do is make a few clicks to begin your first recording. You can choose various parts of your screen to be recorded, and all these options are pretty flexible. Above all, it is available for free and is open-source.
- Record custom area on your screen
- Customize your workflows
- Share your recordings with over 80 destinations
- A bit hard to use for beginners
- There is no video editor included
Top 5. HyperCam
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
Hypercam is a completely free tool to use for screen recording in both commercial and personal environments on Windows 8. This tool not only allows you to do more than just recording your screen but also enables you to capture the sound from your microphone and includes it in your recording files.
- Custom area selection for screen recording
- Support for hotkeys
- You can add screen notes
- Old and outdated user interface
- It cannot record system audio
Top 6. UltraVNC Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
UltraVNC Screen Recorder performs well in screen recording on Windows 8 computers. You will not find many features in this tool, but what you are going to find will work at its maximum efficiency. What sets this free Windows 8 video recorder apart from the others is how little resources it uses while still letting you record the screen on your computer. It uses some kind of compression to ensure the resulting files are smaller while still maintaining the video quality.
- Fast screen recording experience
- Video compression is built into the tool
- Many codecs are included
- Extremely old user interface
- No regular updates
Top 7. Icecream Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
Icecream Screen Recorder is a fantastic compact software that helps you make various screen recordings on your Windows 8 computer. It allows specifying the area that you want to record on your screen or enables you to record audio from both your microphone as well as system.
Moreover, it even has the feature to automatically detect the area that is to be recorded on your Windows 8 machine.
- Add your logo to your screen recordings
- Quickly share your recordings to various sites
- Record your gameplays as well
- There is a limit of five minutes of recording in the free version
- The watermark exists in the trial mode
Top 8. FlashBack Express
Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
FlashBack Express is a modern way to screen record Windows 8 computers. The software offers you various recording options, like recording your screen, internal audio, and the attached webcams. Moreover, there is a built-in video editor to help you perform basic editing on your videos when you finish your recording.
- Record a specific area on your screen
- Record screen and webcam
- Add audio commentary to your screen recordings
- Quickly upload your video online
- The free version does not come with a video editor
- Saving video takes too sometimes
- Occasional bugs
Top 9. TinyTake
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/10
TinyTake claims to be the fastest screen recorder for Windows 8. It supports both screenshots as well as screen recordings. You can select a custom area to record on your screen in case you are not interested in capturing the full area. Once your recording is made, you can publish it using the same tool and get a shareable link that you can give people so they can watch your content.
- Record your screen for up to 120 minutes
- Add the recording from your webcam
- Custom area recording
- Zoom in and out in your recordings
- Only offer 2GB of storage unless you upgrade it
- Not support for many social site sharing
Top 10. Camtasia
Compatibility: Windows 8/10
When it comes to screen recording on Windows 8 or other computers, Camtasia is a pretty popular option. With this product, not only can you record the screen on your machine, but you can edit your recordings as well. Whether you are looking to make a tutorial video or creating a demo of your product, Camtasia can help you do that without wasting any of your time.
- Quickly and easily edit your screen recordings
- Capture content from the webcam
- Record audio from both your mic and the system
- Annotate your recordings
- Too expensive for most users
- The free trial only lasts for 30 days
Windows 8 has several screen recorders for you to choose from. With so many options, it is difficult to pick the right one. EaseUS RecExperts is something you can go for without giving your choice a second thought, and that is because the tool offers many features yet keeping the interface easy to use. You can use some of the other recorders as well if you want.
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author