Table of Contents
2022 | Top 10 Best Windows 8 Screen Recorder
Windows 8 has never lacked any kind of apps. If you are using this operating system version and also want to know how to record your PC screen, this post is suitable for you. Here you can learn the top 10 Windows 8 screen recorder, along with the detailed descriptions. Choose one of them as you like.
Related Article >> Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 and macOS
To choose a simple and efficient recorder on Windows 8, EaseUS RecExperts is the best option. It is one of the best tools that you can use to record the screen on your Windows 8 PC.
For screen recording, there are many configurable options like selecting the area that you want to record, adding an optional webcam overlay to your video, and so on. Also, you can record audio with screen, choosing the audio resources from the internal or external audio.
Top 2. OBS Studio
Compatibility: Windows 8/8.1/10 and macOS
OBS Studio, or Open Broadcaster Software, allows you to screen record Windows 8 quickly. The software is free and open-source, which means you are not tied to a commercial company for any contracts or anything. There are many types of sources that you can add to the program and record content from them.
However, with a complicated UI, it is not friendly for novices or users who have little knowledge about recording.
- Totally free and open-source
- Find all your recordings in a single folder
- Best free Windows 8 screen recorder to download
- Not many editing tools
- Lack some of the high-end features
Top 3. CamStudio
Compatibility: Windows XP/7/8/10
CamStudio features creating demonstrations of procedures on their computers. This free Windows 8 screen recording software is efficient. This software makes it easy to create procedure videos, tutorials, educational videos, and even funny videos. Besides, it records whatever appears on your screen, and records the computer's audio as well.
- Multi-purpose screen recorder for Windows 8
- Create videos that are bandwidth-friendly
- Add captions to your videos
- Best Windows 8 screen recorder
- Limited recording features
- No animation options
Top 4. ShareX
Compatibility: Windows 7/8.1/10
You probably know ShareX as a screenshot tool for your computer, but you can use this tool to record your screen as well. The tool works just fine on Windows 8 machines, and all you need to do is to make a few clicks to begin your first recording. You can choose various parts of your screen to be recorded, and all these options are pretty flexible. Above all, it is available for free and is open-source.
- Record custom area on your screen
- Customize your workflows
- Share your recordings with over 80 destinations
- A bit hard to use for beginners
- Lack of various editing functions
Top 5. HyperCam
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
Hypercam is a completely free tool to use for screen recording in both commercial and personal environments on Windows 8. This tool not only allows you to record your screen but also enables you to capture the sound from your microphone. Also, the interface is very simple as you can operate this tool easily.
- Custom area selection for screen recording
- Best Windows 8 screen recorder
- Set the hotkey for screen recording
- Old and outdated user interface
- Hard to deal with system audio
Top 6. UltraVNC Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
UltraVNC Screen Recorder performs well in screen recording on Windows 8 computers. There are not so many features in this tool, but what you are going to find will work at its maximum efficiency. What sets this free Windows 8 video recorder apart from others is how little resources it uses while still letting you record the screen on the computer. It uses some kind of compression to ensure the resulting files are smaller while still maintaining the video quality.
- Fast screen recording experience
- Video compression is built into the tool
- Many codecs are included
- Extremely old user interface
- No regular updates
Top 7. Icecream Screen Recorder
Compatibility: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
Icecream Screen Recorder is a fantastic software that helps make various screen recordings on Windows 8. It allows specifying the area that you want to record your screen or record audio from a microphone. Moreover, it even has the feature to automatically detect the area that is to be recorded on Windows 8.
- Add logo to your screen recordings
- A helpful Windows 8 screen recording software
- Record your gameplay without losing quality
- There is a limit of five minutes of recording in the free version
- The watermark exists in the trial mode
Top 8. FlashBack Express
Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
FlashBack Express is a modern way to screen record Windows 8 computers. This software offers you various recording options, like recording your screen, internal audio, and the attached webcams. Moreover, there is a built-in video editor to help you perform basic editing on your videos when you finish recording.
- Capture a specific area on your screen
- Record screen and webcam
- Add audio commentary to your screen recordings
- Quickly upload your video online
- The free version does not come with a video editor
- Saving video takes too sometimes
- Occasional bugs
Top 9. TinyTake
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/10
TinyTake claims to be the fastest screen recorder for Windows 8. It supports both screenshots as well as screen recordings. You can select a custom area to record on your screen in case you are not interested in capturing the full area. Once your recording is made, you can publish it using the same tool and get a shareable link that you can give people so they can watch the content.
- Capture your screen for up to 120 minutes
- Add the recording from your webcam
- Custom area for capturing
- Only offer 2GB of storage unless you upgrade it
- Not support for many social site sharing
Top 10. Camtasia
Compatibility: Windows 8/10
When it comes to screen recording on Windows 8 or other computers, Camtasia is a good option. With this product, not only can you record the screen on your machine, but you can edit the recordings as well. Whether you want to make a tutorial video or create a demo of your product, Camtasia can help you without wasting any of your time.
- Quickly and easily edit your screen recordings
- Capture content from the webcam
- Record audio from your mic
- Windows 8 screen recorder free
- Too expensive for most users
- The free trial only lasts for 30 days
The best 10 Windows 8 screen recorders are introduced in this post. With so many options, it is difficult to choose the right one. EaseUS RecExperts is a good choice and offers many features yet keeps the interface easy to use. You can use other recorders as well if you want.
Was This Page Helpful?