Table of Contents
12 Free Screen and Audio Recorder on Win & Mac
Nowadays, video tutorials in all walks of life are too familiar to you on the Internet, becoming an increasingly popular way to share information. By recording computer screens, whether it's to create a training course for work or class or it's to record a YouTube live streaming video, you're unlikely to get it done so smoothly without a high-quality screen and audio recorder. Whereas to produce the final complete video effect, you'll need some more capable free video recording software.
This article lists the 16 best screen recorders with audio and facecam, which can work well on Windows and Mac computers. All you need to do is to select the best one according to your needs.
- Part 1. Free Screen and Audio Recorder for Windows 10
- Part 2. Best Screen and Audio Recorder for Mac
Windows OS has attracted numerous users around the world. The demand to record screen and audio on Windows computers also surges as well. This part will cover the 6 best screen and audio recorders with different features for Windows users.
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts for Windows
Applies to Windows 10/8/7
EaseUS RecExperts for Windows is one of the best screen and audio recorder software on the market. With the best free screen recorder, you can use one click to start your unlimited recordings! It's thus far the most straightforward yet powerful recording software that perfectly captures your computer screen and webcam.
While capturing the screen, you can record the system sound or microphone to simultaneously add narration to your recording. Moreover, it offers you many optional file formats to select. All the work can be done within a few simple steps.
- Support trimming your recording
- Record from webcams
- Support adding opening titles and closing credits
- Few video editing features
If you are interested in the Windows 10 screen and audio recorder, you can click the following link to download it and have a try.
Top 2. Bandicam
Applies to Windows
The other best screen recorder with audio that allows you to record computer screen, system sound, and microphone is Bandicam. It's a Windows-based program but also supports the Linux operating system. It enables you to take screenshots, record screens, and record voice with no lag at all. Also, it lets you add narration from your microphone or video from your webcam. Whenever you want to record lectures, webinars, games, and Skype call, try Bandicam.
- Capture 4K Ultra HD videos up to 3840x2160
- Record over 24 hours without stopping
- Upload a captured video to YouTube
- Record an area or full screen as you want
- The free version leaves a watermark on your video recording
- Lack of built-in video editing functions
Top 3. CamStudio
Applies to Windows 7/XP/Vista
CamStudio is a free screen and audio recorder that is totally free to download and use. CamStudio can record all screen and audio activity on your Windows computer. In addition, this software allows you to add high-quality, anti-aliased screen captions to your recordings in seconds.
- Create high-quality video
- Record from microphone or speaker
- Support to use keyboard shortcuts to quickly start, pause and stop recording
- Schedule recording to stop or start recording automatically
- Not user-friendly and complex
- Outdated interface
Top 4. ShareX
Applies to Windows 10/8.1/7
ShareX is a popular free screen and audio recorder with multiple screen recording features. It can be used to record the screen and share the screen with others. The Windows screen recorder with audio allows you to add image effects and watermarks to your recordings and supports hotkeys to get things done quickly. After recording, you are allowed to share your video or audio as a URL.
- Drag and drop upload
- Customizable workflows
- Upload to multiple destinations
- Support screen, Webcam, and game recording
- Lightweight software
- High learning curve
- A bit confused about beginners
Top 5. Flashback Express
Applies to Windows
Flashback Express is a fast screen and audio recorder that is embedded with video editing features. This software can capture your desktop, websites, video calls – anything on your PC screen with sound. It supports adding captions and arrows to highlight important parts. And after recording, you can export your video in multiple formats or upload it to your YouTube.
- Record your screen, webcam, and sounds
- Trim and make clips after recording
- Enhance recordings with captions, arrows, images
- Add music to your recording
- Limited export files formats
Top 6. Screencast-O-Matic
Applies to Windows/Mac
Screencast-O-Matic aims to simplify video recording and editing to the largest extent. Using Screencast-O-Matic, you will be impressed by how it is simple and intuitive. With this screen and audio recorder, you can capture any area of your computer screen and record narration from your microphone and video from your webcam.
- Record screen and webcam simultaneously
- Edit and annotate screen captures and video captures
- Available on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook
- Video recording and editing are two separate products
Mac users may want to record their moments on macOS computers as well. Therefore, we list the best 6 Mac screens and audio recorders with their pros and cons.
Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts for Mac
Applies to MAC OS X 10.10 or later
This Mac screen capture software enables you to record a screen with audio in a few simple clicks. While recording, you can choose to capture the system audio or add a narration to the recorded video from the microphone or external audio devices flexibly. Also, it supports schedule recording, which means you can set a specific time to start or stop the recording time when you are not around. If you are an educator, marketer, YouTuber, or anyone else needing to do screen recording activities, you cannot miss EaseUS RecExperts!
- Enable you to capture screen flexibly, like full screen or part of the screen
- Support recording audio from the system, microphone, and external audio device
- No watermark on the recorded videos
- Record screen on iOS devices
- Only support 5 minutes recording for the free version
Now download EaseUS RecExperts on your Mac computer to explore more stunning features.
Top 2. Snagit
Applies to Windows/Mac
Snagit, developed by TechSmith, is trustworthy in the first place. This screen and audio capture software promises to let you quickly capture a process, add your explanation, and create visual instructions simply and powerfully. With Snagit, your headache won't last because it allows you to record a video with audio, sound, and voice, by which you can present people's visual instructions rather than pastime wordy emails and documentation!
- Easy-to-use yet professional video and audio recording software
- Windows 10/8/7 and macOS Catalina/Mojave/High Sierra compatible
- Instantly share your images and videos to many platforms
- It has a free trial version
- Price starts from $49.95
- Absence of secure FTP connection
- No option to export files from WMV and AVI format
Top 3. OBS Studio
Applies to Windows/Mac/Linux
OBS Studio is a popular free and open source screen recorder and live streaming software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Open source means that the OBS project is maintained and devoted by generous contributors from its sponsors and backers. As is popular until now, OBS Studio is regularly optimized to give the best video and audio recording experience for its faithful users. So, if you prefer free software to record the screen as well as the sound, OBS is another pleasant choice.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Not the most user-friendly here, but kind of easy-to-use for beginners
- Support HD streaming and capturing
- Exported videos are free from watermarks
- Setting up takes more time than usual
Top 4. Screenflick
Applies to Mac
Screenflick is a macOS application that focuses on screen recording. It provides a high-quality screen and audio capture. The user interface is so intuitive and helps you to start recording screen and audio quickly. This software enables you to record video, audio, keystrokes, and mouse clicks. So you do not need to record screen and audio respectively.
- Record whole screen, a section, or a specific window
- Capture system audio, your Mac's microphone, or external mic
- Record a webcam at the same time to overlay on the video
- Create time-lapse screen recordings of long projects
- Automatically stop recording with a timer
- Can not add annotations on your recordings
- Timeline is not allowed editing
Top 5. QuickTime Player
Applies to Mac
QuickTime is a cross-platform media player with screen and sound recording features. This multi-functional tool allows you to capture the whole screen or a selected window on your Mac screen. Before recording screen and audio with this software, you need to install Soundflower on your computer, as Mac does not capture the internal audio.
- Record videos in full screen
- Multiple cross-platform features and functions
- Save videos from the web
- A small and attractive interface
- Limited recording and editing features
- Can support MOV file format only
- Do not support system audio recording
Top 6. Snapz Pro X
Snapz Pro X is an easy-to-use screen and sound recorder that can be operated on many devices. More than a simple screenshot utility, Snapz Pro X for Mac enables you to capture anything that appears on your screen, either a movie or its voiceover. Snapz Pro X for Mac can capture full-screen or a smaller portion, and you can make product demos, tutorial videos, and other movie-based narratives with this tool.
- Support following the cursor or panning smoothly to new locations
- Has many versions that are compatible with Windows/Mac/iOS/Android
- Record living gameplay
- Support to customize the recording, like changing colors and adding watermarks
- Sometimes it will crash when recording
- Recordings are saved as MOV only
To Sum Up
Regarding the topic "video and audio recorder", we come up with the best 16 recommendations that apply to Windows, Mac, and online. In conclusion, based on an overall rating in the aspect of user-friendliness, screen, and audio recording abilities, you can select the one that suits your demand most. Here we highly recommend EaseUS RecExperts since it is an easy-to-use and full-featured screen recorder that can meet all your needs while recording!
FAQs about Recording Screen with Audio
Most people feel dizzy and confused about some questions when recording screen and audio. Here we list some of these questions and their relevant answers.
1. Can you screen record with sound?
Yes, you can. If you want to record a screen with sound, you can choose one of the screen recorders we mentioned above following your actual demand. For example, if you are recording a screen and sound on a Windows computer, you can choose EaseUS RecExperts to help you deal with it.
2. What is the best free screen capture software?
- Top 1. EaseUS RecExperts
- Top 2. OBS Studio
- Top 3. Screencast-O-Matic
- Top 4. Apowersoft Unlimited
- Top 5. AceThinker
- Top 6. ScreenFlow
- Top 7. Camtasia
3. How do I record my screen with Windows 10 with sound?
To quickly and easily record screen and sound on Windows 10, you can use Xbox Game Bar.
Here are the steps:
Step 1. Press Windows+G to launch Xbox Game Bar.
Step 2. Agree "Yes, this is a game." to open the Game Bar.
Step 3. Click Windows+Alt+R to start and stop recording.
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.