[Update] Top 9 Best Online Free Screen Recorder
Whether you are making educational videos for your students, or you want to brag about your gaming skills to your friends, you will likely need to capture the screen of your computer using some sort of tools. While most of these tools work just fine, you may sometimes want to use an online free screen recorder for your task. One major reason why you would want to do that is when you are only looking to make a single or a few screen recordings. For such small tasks, you might be hesitant to find, download, and install a screen recorder app.
Fortunately, there are some online screen recorder tools you can use to record your screen right from your web browsers. This post lists some of the best online free screen recorder software for you to try out.
► Don't Miss: Top 10 Best Free Screen Recorder Without Watermark
Best Recommendation – EaseUS RecExperts
One of the reasons why someone would prefer an online tool rather than an offline one is to save the time and effort required to download and install the app. What if we told you there is a program that installs in no time and works just as fast as an online screen recorder?
Enter EaseUS RecExperts, a software tool that allows you to record the screen of your computer using various ways. This tool comes preloaded with many features to ensure you can record your screen exactly the way you want. Besides letting you record your screen, it helps you to record webcam and sound as well, if that is something you would like to do.
- Lightweight and easy to use screen recorder
- Customize the area of your screen that you wants to record
- Enable you to record audio on Windows 10 (both system audio and microphone)
- Schedule your screen recordings
- Record from your attached webcam
- Find all your recordings in one safe place
Although an online tool runs off of your web browser, it still uses your computer's resources. Some tools sometimes end-up using too many of your resources. EaseUs RecExperts ensures that only a small and required number of resources are used. This prevents your computer from becoming slower.
Top 9 Online Free Screen Recorder for Windows and Mac
If you would still prefer something that is totally browser-based, the following is a list of some of the top online free screen recorders that you can use. These will let you record your Windows and Mac's screens without requiring you to install them like regular desktop programs.
Top 1. ScreenApp
When you talk about online screen recorders, ScreenApp tops the list. That is due to all the features that it provides despite being in a limited browser-based environment. With this online screen recorder, you can make recordings of your computer screen using various web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. The tool requires no payment and you can make your recordings without entering your card details. Once you have made your recordings, you can save them to your computer.
- Quickly record your computer screen
- Custom record area selection
- Video editing options
- Takes time to download the recordings
- May not fully work in other browsers
Top 2. Clipchamp
Clipchamp provides you with all the tools you need to work on your design ideas, and one of these tools is an online screen recorder. Using this tool, you can record your computer's screen and edit the recording right inside your browser. This way, when you download the file, you do not need to make any further changes to it.
It is actually a time-saving tool and you are highly recommended to use it if your schedule is too busy.
- Record and edit screen recordings right in the browser
- Works with services like Giphy and Storyblocks
- Custom screen selection for recordings
- There is a 30 minutes limit on the recording
- You cannot record system sound with your screen recording
Top 3. Screencast-O-Matic
Screencast-O-Matic is an all-purpose tool to help you make screen recordings online using your browser. With this tool, you can make screen captures for your educational courses, work tasks, and even personal videos if you want to do that. This online tool comes with several features built into it. There is an option to add your webcam recordings as well if you prefer to do this.
- Add a webcam overlay to your screen recordings
- Record and add voice commentary to your videos
- Many customization options
- Requires high-speed Internet to use the tool
- You cannot record your entire screen in the free version
Top 4. Veed
Veed is actually an online video editor but it has a feature to let you record your screen online as well. You can utilize this feature to capture the contents on your screen and save the recording as a video file to your machine. Once you head to Veed's site, you will find that it offers various layout options to choose from.
You can pick the layout that works for your specific project and use it for your recording. There is an option to record videos from your webcam as well, and you can add those videos to your screen recordings. Once the screen recording is done, you can edit it in the same tool.
- Neat and clean user interface
- Multiple recording layouts are available
- Customizable recording options
- The free version adds a watermark to your recordings
- There is a limit of 10 minutes in the free plan
Top 5. Loom
If you have ever looked for an online screen recorder, Loom has likely appeared in your search results. There are many features that this online tool has to offer, and you can utilize many of those features to make your screen recordings from your web browsers. It is quick and easy to set up this tool in your browser.
Once you are past the setup screen, you can start recording your screen. You can choose to record your webcam as well in addition to recording your screen. There is an option to either record your entire screen or your current tab. It is optional to include audio in your recording files.
- Extremely easy to use interface
- Quick and easy editing of your recordings
- Specify a custom size for recording
- The option to blur information in your recordings is not available
- Issues with the quality of your audio
Top 6. Screencastify
Screencastify simplifies the entire process of online screen recording for you. This extension helps you to get started with your screen recording times in an instant. All you need to do is get this tool added to your browser, click on an option, and your screen starts to get recorded. All of that happens in under a minute.
- Works in offline mode as well
- Record your webcam as an overlay to your screen recording
- Quickly and easily share your recordings
- Issues with recording screens that are not part of your browser window
- The editing options are not that great
Top 7. Nimbus Capture
Nimbus Capture is built on the base that you should not type when you can actually show someone your screen. With this easy to use online screen recorder, you can easily and quickly record any part of your screen in no time. The tool works across all major browsers so compatibility is not an issue here. You can even annotate your screen recordings to further explain what you are trying to say. It helps record websites as well. When you have finished making a screen recording with this tool, you can share that recording online using easy share options.
- Available for multiple web browsers
- Add annotations to your recordings
- Trim and crop your recordings
- Basic editing capabilities
- Fewer video formats supported
- Occasional crashes
Top 8. Bewisse Screen Recorder
Bewisse Screen Recorder is a tool that helps you capture your computer screen and save that as a video file right on your machine. All of your recordings are saved locally, and the privacy concerned geeks out there will actually like this. This tool is based on a simple approach to making it easier for you to record your screens. It does not add a watermark to your videos which is a big plus. On top of that, you can upload files directly to Google Drive if you want to share your videos with other people.
- Record your screen without any sign-up or log-ins
- No watermark is added to your recordings
- Directly upload files to your cloud storage
- Only supports Google Drive as the cloud storage
- There is no direct link to share your recordings
Top 9. Hubcap
What sets Hubcap apart from the others is how easy it is to work with this online screen recorder. It claims to be the first tool that helps you record your screen without installing anything at all on your machine. It looks very simple and basic and all you need to do is configure a couple of options and you are good to go. Basically, you need to tell the app what you want to record, whether your screen or webcam, and it records accordingly. It then provides you with a link to share your screen capture with whoever you want.
- Very simple and easy to use tool
- Free recording hosting for two weeks
- A secure link to share your screen recordings
- No editing features
- You can only record for up to five minutes in a video
With so many free online screen recorders out there, you should not miss out on using them for your recording tasks. However, you should consider EaseUS RecExperts as well and that is because it is as quick and fast to use as any other online tool. Most of these online tools will work on both Windows and Mac machines, so you are covered regardless of your operating system.