Table of Contents
Top 10 Full Screen Recorder for Windows & Mac
Many people need to record the full screen of their computers, such as teachers who need to make video tutorials for students and some YouTubers. To obtain recordings of high quality, a powerful full screen video recorder is indispensable.
There is a list of the best full-screen video records for Windows and macOS. If you need a wonderful full screen recorder, keep reading this post to know the features of those tools.
It's a free full-screen recorder that offers a complete solution when it comes to recording desktops. It offers three types of recording: Record Screen, Record Audio, and Record Webcam. These features cover a large variety of recordings, which will appeal to users who are into gaming, making tutorials, and webcam recording.
This full-screen recorder can record the videos in high quality. Whether you want to obtain videos in 720P or 1080P, it allows you to do that with a few simple clicks. This tool is also helpful if you want to record streaming video and audio from YouTube or other platforms.
- Record full-screen video with system sound
- Screen recorder with facecam
- Record streaming video and audio easily
- Support multiple output formats
- Record computer audio and user's voice simultaneously
If you need to capture all the contents on your whole screen, this is a full-screen video recorder you can't miss. You can click on the button below to download it now.
How to Record Full Screen on Windows 10:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExperts. There are two different options for screen recording, i.e., "Full Screen" and "Region". If you select "Full Screen", you will capture the whole screen.
Step 2. If you select the "Region" option, this software will ask you to customize the recording area. Make sure that everything you want to capture is within the bounds of the select box.
Step 3. Tap on the button at the bottom left side of the main interface, and there will be many options you can select. This recorder supports recording microphone and system sound separately or simultaneously. The "Options" button is for you to adjust the volume and microphone device.
Step 4. If you want to record the webcam simultaneously, click on the "Webcam" icon at the bottom of the interface. Tap on the button to enable the webcam recording, and there will be a drop-down menu to select the recording device. Click on "OK" to confirm your settings.
Step 5. When you turn back to the main interface, click on the "REC" button to start recording. A floating toolbar offers you buttons to pause or stop the recording during the recording process. In addition, the camera icon can be used to take screenshots, and the timer icon can help you stop recording automatically.
Step 6. The recorded video clips will be saved on your computer. When the media player appears, you will see a set of tools you can use to trim the recordings, extract audio, and add opening title & closing credits to the recorded video.
CamStudio can record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files. Using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs). It is completely free, and when recording, you can use screen and webcam annotations.
- Support screen captions, video annotation, picture-picture
- Support keyboard shortcuts
- Automatically stop recording
- Add text comments to videos
- The interface is not user-friendly
- Crashes sometimes
ShareX is an open-source screen recording tool that can capture the full screen. The best part of using ShareX is that it offers Workflow. They are profiles where all input and output settings are predefined. If you deal with some recordings every day, this tool is suitable for you.
Once the recording is complete, you can use the after capture task to automate it further. If you upload all the files regularly to a destination, it can be defined here. Then there is a history section that gives you access to all previous recordings.
- Highly configurable profile builder for any recording and screen capture
- Hotkey to instantly start and stop recording
- Support scrolling capture, Text capture (OCR), and Auto capture
- Support scan QR code and Recognize text (OCR)
- The overwhelming user interface which tons of options will confuse users
- Huge learning curve
- No built-in video editor
4. Free Screen Recording
When you launch the application, all you need to do is click on "New Recording", select an area, and start recording. Even being simple, it offers fantastic features that will be useful for many to create tutorials.
It provides a basic version for free, and there is no watermark added to the final output.
- Remove background noise with the built-in editor
- Adjust the volume
- Directly share on YouTube and save as video
- Support voiceover
- No webcam support
- Cannot add annotations and use the hotkey
- Cannot create HD video
- Export only in WMV format
It's a video editor that has built screen recording tools. When you launch the application, what you get is a video editor with a timeline feature. You can then use the recording modes to record games and anything that is on the computer. The game recording part is exciting as you can find the game and then get the proper settings for the best video quality.
- Ease to use interface with zero learning curve
- Option to add watermark with background music
- Create speech from the text, which you can add manually
- Instantaneous upload to YouTube
- According to user feedback, it captures too much noise
- The fullscreen game recording is not available
- Slow video rendering
6. macOS Built-in Recorder
macOS offers an enhanced version of a screen recorder, which is free for everyone on the platform. The native screenshot tool has been expanded to a perfect video recorder.
If you are using macOS Mojave or later, press Shift-Command (⌘)-5 on your keyboard to see onscreen controls for recording the entire screen, recording a selected portion of the screen, or capturing a still image of your screen.
- Choose to display floating thumbnail useful
- Integrate well with macOS Sharing features
- Multi-monitor support is missing
- Limited editing support
7. Quick Time Player
Quick Time Player has been Apple's utility tool for many things for macOS. The software can also record videos apart from playing videos. It is rather simple to record video and is more effective compared to the recording tool.
Open QuickTime Player from your Applications folder, then choose File > New Screen Recording from the menu bar.
- Edit, play, and share the recording
- Display current file size of the recording
- Support webcam recording
- Record in H.264 video and 44100 Hz AAC audio
- No way to record video in MP4 format
- Video editor is fundamental
- Limited to macOS only
8. OBS Studio
There are too many restrictions to record screen for Mac, but then you have OBS Studio. It's a free and open-source software for both recording and live streaming. The software offers high performance and real video and audio capturing. You can even record from multiple sources, but that will be too much for everyone. You can use the audio mixer with filters such as noise gate, suppress, and gain in case of noise.
Lastly, settings offer configuration to tweak every aspect of the recording and broadcast. When you set it up for the first time, you can optimize only for recording instead of broadcasting.
- The plugins and add-ons ecosystem offers a lot of free options
- You can tweak for performance and quality
- Support Live Broadcast of games over Twitch, Facebook, and more
- Some of the features are gimmicks
- The user interface is complicated for beginners
- Heavy on the system
9. Movavi Screen Recorder
It's a popular screen recorder that can record streaming videos, system sound, and more. You can select an area and instantly start recording. If you have multiple monitors, you can always choose one of them or choose an area you want to record.
It offers a complete solution as a screen recorder. That said, the software is free to use, and you can edit the audio files once the video is recorded.
- The timer can be set to start recording automatically
- Support output format: MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, GIF, etc.
- Support webcam and microphone
- Limited free version
- No Support for green screen
- No option to edit videos post the video recording
10. Tiny Take
TineyTake is a lightweight software that allows you to capture images and record the macOS screen and its activity. The software offers annotations and will enable you to share your capture as links instantly. Once you download and install the software, make sure to signup to use the software.
Once you log in, the software offers a vertical view of all captured images, videos, and YouTube uploads. Click on the "Capture" button on the top left and select an area to record to start recording. Make sure to set to configure system audio and microphone before you start recording.
- Bulk file sharing
- Built-in online file viewer for images, videos, and documents
- Capture video from the webcam
- Limited to 5 minutes of video recording
- Video files are saved as MP4 only
- Limited editing features
The post covers many powerful full screen recorders on macOS and Windows. Among them, EaseUS RecExperts is a highly recommended tool that you can use to record full-screen video. The tool allows you to record games, desktops, webcam, and audio. Just hit the below button to get it now!
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author