Table of Contents
Top 8 Best Free Firefox Screen Recorder & Add-ons in 2021
Firefox, as a fast and secure browser, allows many user-friendly add-ons. You can use it to watch videos, read articles, make comments on Facebook, or post on Twitter. If you want to record valuable web content such as streaming videos within the browser, you can use an add-on or choose a third-party application.
This guide shows the top 6 free Firefox screen recorders and 2 add-ons available on Windows and Mac in 2021. This article will also show you how to capture videos and other files in firefox step by step.
|Best Firefox Screen Recorder||5 Recorders on Windows/Mac||2 Firefox Recording Add-ons|
The best method to record Firefox videos or audios for Windows PC users is to capture them using EaseUS RecExperts for Windows. It's a powerful but user-friendly recorder that helps firefox capture video with only a few simple clicks. Whether you are a beginner or a professional user, you can easily find the appropriate recording tool you need on its elegant user interface.
You can use it to record full screen on Windows 10 or select a specific recording area. Those features make it very straightforward to record YouTube videos in high quality. Since this recorder supports many popular file formats, you can export the recordings in the format that fits your devices.
- Record screen and Webcam at the same time
- Schedule recording to create recording tasks automatically
- Record streaming videos in 4K UHD resolution
- Support various output formats, like MP4, AVI, MOV, etc.
Those features mentioned above make this recorder qualified for most occasions. Whether you want to record a Zoom meeting or your favorite game, it can always work perfectly. Click on the button below to have a try.
Tutorial About Firefox Video Capture:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExperts, then open a webpage with Firefox browser.
Step 2. Click "Full Screen" or "Region" to select the recording area on your screen. Then click on "Sound" to choose the audio sources - System sound or Microphone.
Step 3. Select the opened Firefox page (with YouTube video in this demo). Click the orange button "REC," and the program will start the recording (video and system audio).
Step 4. Click the red square button to stop the recording, and you will see the menu with the recorded video, where you can change the name. Then You can trim the recorded video and then export it to your favorite format.
It's also a competent Mac screen recorder you can use to capture videos and audio in Firefox. Click the article to learn how to use it.
Top 5 Firefox Video Capture Tool on Windows & Mac
Apart from the recorder we mentioned above, some other Firefox screen recording applications are available for Windows or Mac users, such as Streamlabs OBS, Screen Recorder Pro For Win10, Dxtory, QuickTime Player, and Screencast-O-Matic.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
Streamlabs OBS is a popular video recording software focused on non-professional users. It provides some integrated features and helps them to capture a whole screen or just the Firefox window.
If you sign up for Streamlabs, you will have access to many tools directly from the company's website. You can choose the sources that appear in your live stream or recorded video. There are recommended settings for those who want to record streaming video firefox, which can adjust automatically.
- It works right out of the box
- Manage all your settings in one program, including a variety of plugins
- More likely to crash with all its add-ons
- Fewer encoding options than OBS
- No cross-platform support
Compatibility: Windows 10
This integrated Windows 10 application enables you to capture screen, audio, and cursor movements. It allows you to record selected areas, a specific application like Firefox, the active window, and a Webcam video.
It provides a screen recording tool, convenient both for novice and professional users. It enables you to save the video in multiple formats.
- Record a Firefox window with and without Mouse Cursor
- Record specific regions, screens, or windows
- Capture screencasts in AVI, GIF, or MP4
- Limited editing features
- No tools for backup and recovery
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
Dxtory is another simple screen capturing program which is going to record everything on the screen.
This light software is quite a diverse capture tool. It can record audio from multiple sources, support third-party video codecs and broadcast output. You can change the setting easily with a simple interface.
- Help Firefox record streaming video
- Intuitive user experience with tabbed interface
- Custom screenshot capturing tools
- Annoying trial notification
- No video editing features like trim, crop, etc.
Quicktime Player can be used to capture a Firefox screen and to record HD quality video clips. The software can help you to record games, live streaming videos, and video resumes.
Besides, Quicktime provides some basic editing functionalities, like trimming. You can share the recorded videos directly on many social platforms.
- Capture streaming video Firefox
- Edit and record video simultaneously
- Convert videos to a different file format such as AVI, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Unable to record screen and system sound simultaneously
- No available video playback
Compatibility: macOS X 10.9, or newer
You can use this recording tool to capture the screen, add a webcam, or record streaming video firefox. It provides you tools to enhance your Firefox screen recorded video with added text, shapes, images, animations.
You can share the output video on popular social media like Facebook or Twitter.
- The settings allow you to disable notifications from popping up as you record temporarily
- The Video Editor enables you to add scripts, images, shapes, music, company branding, and much more
- A built-in speech-to-text feature
- A watermark on your video
- The free version allows only 15 minutes of recording time
- The Video Editor is available only with the paid version
Top 2 Firefox Screen Recorder Plugins/Add-ons
Firefox Add-ons library provides more than 6,000 extensions and more than 500 themes. Extensions can perform everything, like providing access to your Facebook account directly from the Firefox toolbar.
But there are a few browser screen recorders allow you to record your screen - Awesome Screenshot & Screen Recorder and Screen Recorder.
Compatibility: Linux, Windows, and macOS
Awesome Screenshot & Screen Recorder is a wonderful browser video capture tool that helps users of different desktop platforms to record the screen.
You can screen capture in Firefox, save screen recordings and screenshots to the website, and instantly share your videos and images with unique shareable links. You can easily share a recording video to Jira, Slack, Trello, Asana, GitHub, but this is only available with a Premium account.
- Capture streaming video Firefox
- Blur sensitive information on your screenshot
- The video recording feature is quite confusing
- The video editing feature is not intuitive
- Only 5 minutes per local recording with the free plan
Compatibility: Linux, Windows, and macOS
This free-to-use browser screen recorder allows capturing your screen right in your Firefox browser.
You can record and screencast instantly. Within the app user interface, you choose what part of your computer screen you want to capture. It's available for Firefox and Chrome and the 3 major platforms - Windows, Linux, and Mac. You can screen capture in firefox and save your recordings on your local drive or Google Drive.
- Very simple and easy-to-use
- Directly capturing the Firefox window
- Download the recorded video to a local disk or Google Drive
- No editing tools
If you want to record the content when browsing websites using Firefox, you need to download a screen recorder the browser supports or use the add-ons. The add-ons have only basic functionalities, so it's better to install third-party screen-recording software.
The best choice for Windows users is EaseUS RecExperts. You can capture what you need in high quality, and it supports an amazing number of video and audio formats.
FAQs About Screen Recorder Firefox
To better solve your problems, there are some answers to some common questions. Raed them to know more.
1. Which recorder is Screencastify for Firefox?
Screencastify is one of the best screen recording extensions for Chrome, but only for Google Chrome. If you want to find a useful screen recording add-on in Firefox, there are many alternatives, such as Screen Recorder by Alexey Kuznetsov.
2. What is the Firefox screenshot shortcut?
If you are using Firefox on Windows, the keyboard shortcuts for screenshots are Ctrl+Shift+S. Open the page you want to capture, and press those three buttons at the same time. If you are a Mac user, you can use the Cmd+Shift+S buttons instead.
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author