Top 10 Best Audio Recorder for PC in Windows 10/8/7
Recording audio is not rocket science nowadays. You can simply record desktop audio on your computer. The most important thing about recording sound is the quality of the recorded file and if you can work with that file after recording. In that sense, a good audio recorder for PC might do the trick for you.
Once you have a high-quality audio recorder for Windows, you can easily record great quality audios and edit them according to your needs at any time on your PC. So if you are confused about the best sound recorder for PC, then we are here to help.
In this article, we are going to share with you the top 10 best audio recorder for Windows from which you can choose one without any confusion. So let's dig into the details.
EaseUS RecExperts is a versatile Windows 10 audio recorder, which could be used for recording, editing, and mixing your audio files. One could use EaseUS RecExpert for multiple purposes varying from recording vocals to recording podcasts and interviews. Not only can one capture just audio but also videos with internal voice and microphone. Using this screen recorder, one can capture the whole screen, video footage from webcam, and more to create stunning videos or record excellent quality audio files.
- Flexible capture any area of your screen
- Offer game recording mode that can record gameplay screen in 4k resolution
- Multiple output formats available for the recorded footage
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- Interesting editing features including adding text, lines, arrows, etc. while recording screen
Now get the best audio recorder for Windows by clicking the below button.
#2. Adobe Audition
Adobe Audition is another great program that is considered to be one of the best and high-quality audio recorder for PC. As we all know, Adobe is a renowned brand that delivers us a top-class video, photo, and audio editing programs every time they release new software.
With the years of experience backed by Adobe, there is no way that Adobe Audition will let you down by any means. It's a professional audio recording and editing tool that can be used for professional and personal purposes.
- Excellent integration with other Adobe apps such as the Premiere Pro
- Support for multi-track editing
- Support a high number of formats
- Mix, edit, trim audio files into one
- Made for professionals
- Crash randomly during rendering files
RecordPad is one of the leaders in the audio technology business. This PC audio recorder is available on Windows and Mac OS devices, and can be used for simple audio recording, digital audio presentation, creating audiobooks, and more! It has so many features that are suitable for a professional audio editing process without any problem.
- It's quick and easy to use
- The interface is customizable
- Support various audio file formats including MP3, WAV, AIFF, or WAV file format
- Integrated with WavePad Pro editing tool to edit and add different effects to the audio file
- It's not compatible with many file formats
- It lacks a few audio editing features
#4. Sound Forge
Sound Forge is a great voice recorder for your PC if you want to fully control the audio editing process. Frankly speaking, it's highly advanced, and this tool always makes sure that the audio recording and editing is done in a highly precise way. You can get complete control and authority over the whole process with this program.
- This tool makes simple digitization and restoration of audio
- You can process audio tracks with a one-click solution
- You can chain the VST effects of this tool in a virtual rack
- It only offers low 32 bits of power
- It doesn't support multiple VST GUI system
#5. Recorder Ones
Recorder Ones is a standalone Windows audio recording software that is perfect for users who would like to shoot long recordings such as a conference or a podcast. It is compatible with most of the audio formats, including .wav, m4a, WMA, mp3, FLAC, and more, which is a significant advantage over a few other applications.
Besides, automatic saving, exporting in different qualities, exporting the recorded files directly to OneDrive, having support for fast navigation during playback are some of the essential and most recognized features of Recorder One's application.
- Support multiple file formats
- Fast navigation during playback
- Directly export to OneDrive
- User-Interface doesn't look modern
- No tools to edit the recorded audio
One of the most used Windows audio recording and editing software is Audacity. It provides the users with a fully customizable user-friendly interface that could be tweaked to a user's preference.
Moreover, it's a free audio recording and editing program that will give you a professional user experience without spending any money! It has an easy-to-use and clear interface that can be handled by any user. There are excellent audio editing options available in this program that you can use to get a professional audio recording every time.
- Import and export in various file formats
- Support 16-bit, 24bit, and 32-bit files
- Easy editing tools with cutting, copying, pasting, and deleting
- Limited mixing capabilities
- Extra Plugins required for complete functionality
- Several bugs in the program lead to instability
Zynewave Podium Free is a two-in-one free PC audio recording and editing utility designed for Windows. For professional users, Podium Free also allows one to customize its user interface according to their choice to make it easy to use.
Notably, the Audio Bouncing feature of Podium Free enables users to record audios and then combine them from multiple tracks into one. Some features such as Object-Based Project Structure, Mixer Busses, Multi-Channel Audio editing, etc. let users have a higher degree of control.
- Customizable User-Interface
- Support for object-based project structure, mixer busses
- Support multi-cannel Audio editing
- Weird setting drums
- No support for time-stretching and dithering
Ardour is an open-source Windows audio recorder that features versatile multi-track editing and recording tools, which include the ability to edit an unlimited number of multichannel tracks, the ability to extract an audio track from a video could come in handy at multiple instances. One can continuously keep track of the audio recordings using the Monitor feature built-in. Additionally, it also allows supports exporting files in multiple formats, including WAV, AIFF, Ogg, etc.
- Unlimited multichannel track editing
- Extract audio from a video
- Mix audio groups and adjust audio files
- Export in multiple file formats
- Difficult to navigate at instances
- Require additional third-party downloads
Ocenaudio is a free single-track editor and recording software that could be used for making edits and recording general audio files. It's a capable application with a clean and easy-to-use interface that keeps it different from other forms. Adding markers to data, making edits to specific channels, and manipulating the metadata before exporting, all these can quickly be done using Ocenaudio.
- Support screen recording
- Support Plugin for additional functionalities
- Real-time effect previews
- Misses out on multi-track editing
- Slightly slower processing
- Additional plugins required for complete functionality
Spek is a free audio recorder for PC that can solve the problems that are faced by many other audio recording or editing tools. It has a very easy-to-learn interface so anyone can handle it without any issue. This tool is famous for its lossless quality audio track. It supports the FFMPEG library and compatible with Windows, Mac & Linux operating systems.
- The spectral density rulers of the program allow the auto fitting of time
- It has ultra-fast signal processing by using several threads to process audio
- Users can adjust the spectral density range of the program
- Users can't see the codec names and the audio signal parameters
- It's licensed under an obsolete GPLv3 license
The above list covers all the possible best audio recorders for PC in Windows 10/8/7. One could use any of the mentioned applications based on the requirements.
Among those audio recorders, EaseUS RecExperts is close to a perfect solution. It offers exhaustive effects to improve audio, professional-level editing tools, and the option to export the files in multiple formats. You cannot miss such excellent audio and screen recorder!