Table of Contents
Top 10 Best Audio Recorder for PC in Windows 10/8/7
Recording audio is not rocket science nowadays. You can record desktop audio on your computer as long as you have a high-quality audio recorder. If you are confused about which is the best sound recorder for PC, this post will answer your question. In this article, we are going to share with you the top 10 best audio recorders for Windows from which you can choose one without any confusion. So let's dig into the details.
#1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a versatile Windows 10 audio recorder, which could be used for recording, previewing, and trimming your audio files. One could use it for multiple purposes varying from recording vocals to recording podcasts and interviews. In addition to that, it also supports capturing videos with an internal voice and microphone audio.
This software allows you to choose the target format for your audio files freely. If you want to save the recording in a universal audio format, MP3 is the best choice, and if you want to get high-quality audio, FLAC is suitable for you.
- Save audio recordings in many formats
- Record a podcast or record internet radio
- Support recording audio and video of high quality
- Flexible capture any area of your screen
- Support adding scheduled recording tasks to record automatically
#2. Adobe Audition
Adobe Audition is another great program considered one of the best and high-quality audio recorders for PC. As we all know, Adobe is a renowned brand that delivers us top-class video, photo, and audio editing programs every time they release new software.
With the years of experience backed by Adobe, there is no way that Adobe Audition will let you down by any means. It's a professional audio recording and editing tool that can be used for professional and personal purposes.
- Excellent integration with other Adobe apps such as the Premiere Pro
- Support for multi-track editing
- Support a high number of formats
- Mix, edit, trim audio files into one
- Made for professionals
- Crash randomly during rendering files
RecordPad is one of the leaders in the audio technology business. This PC audio recorder is available on Windows and Mac OS devices and can be used for simple audio recording, digital audio presentation, creating audiobooks, and more! It has so many features that are suitable for a professional audio editing process without any problem.
- It's quick and easy to use
- The interface is customizable
- Support various audio file formats including MP3, WAV, AIFF, or WAV file format
- Integrated with WavePad Pro editing tool to edit and add different effects to the audio file
- It's not compatible with many file formats
- It lacks a few audio editing features
#4. Sound Forge
Sound Forge is a great voice recorder for your PC if you want to control the audio editing process fully. It's highly advanced, and this tool always makes sure that the audio recording and editing are done precisely. You can get complete control and authority over the whole process with this program.
- This tool makes simple digitization and restoration of audio
- You can process audio tracks with a one-click solution
- You can chain the VST effects of this tool in a virtual rack
- It only offers low 32 bits of power
- It doesn't support multiple VST GUI system
#5. Recorder Ones
Recorder Ones is a standalone Windows audio recording software perfect for users who would like to shoot long recordings such as a conference or a podcast. It is compatible with most audio formats, including .wav, m4a, WMA, mp3, FLAC, and more, which is a significant advantage over a few other applications.
Besides, automatic saving, exporting in different qualities, exporting the recorded files directly to OneDrive, and supporting fast navigation during playback are essential and most recognized features of Recorder One's application.
- Support multiple file formats
- Fast navigation during playback
- Directly export to OneDrive
- User-Interface doesn't look modern
- No tools to edit the recorded audio
One of the most used Windows audio recording and editing software is Audacity. It provides the users with a fully customizable, user-friendly interface that could be tweaked to a user's preference.
Moreover, it's a free audio recording and editing program that will give you a professional user experience without spending any money! It has an easy-to-use and clear interface that any user can handle. There are excellent audio editing options available in this program that you can use to get a professional audio recording every time.
- Import and export in various file formats
- Support 16-bit, 24bit, and 32-bit files
- Easy editing tools with cutting, copying, pasting, and deleting
- Limited mixing capabilities
- Extra Plugins required for complete functionality
- Several bugs in the program lead to instability
#7. Zynewave Podium Free
Zynewave Podium Free is a two-in-one free PC audio recording and editing utility designed for Windows. Podium Free also allows one to customize its user interface according to their choice to make it easy to use for professional users.
Notably, the Audio Bouncing feature of Podium Free enables users to record audios and then combine them from multiple tracks into one. Some features such as Object-Based Project Structure, Mixer Busses, Multi-Channel Audio editing, etc., let users have a higher degree of control.
- Customizable User-Interface
- Support for object-based project structure, mixer busses
- Support multi-channel Audio editing
- Weird setting drums
- No support for time-stretching and dithering
Ardour is an open-source Windows audio recorder that features versatile multi-track editing and recording tools, including editing an unlimited number of multichannel tracks. The ability to extract an audio track from a video could come in handy in multiple instances. One can continuously keep track of the audio recordings using the Monitor feature built-in. Additionally, it also supports exporting files in multiple formats, including WAV, AIFF, Ogg, etc.
- Unlimited multichannel track editing
- Extract audio from a video
- Mix audio groups and adjust audio files
- Export in multiple file formats
- Difficult to navigate at instances
- Require additional third-party downloads
Ocenaudio is a free single-track editor and recording software that could be used for editing and recording general audio files. It's a capable application with a clean and easy-to-use interface that keeps it different from other forms. Adding markers to data, making edits to specific channels, and manipulating the metadata before exporting all these can quickly be done using Ocenaudio.
- Support screen recording
- Support Plugin for additional functionalities
- Real-time effect previews
- Misses out on multi-track editing
- Slightly slower processing
- Additional plugins required for complete functionality
Spek is a free audio recorder for PC that can solve the problems faced by many other audio recording or editing tools. It has a very easy-to-learn interface so that anyone can handle it without any issue. This tool is famous for its lossless quality audio track. It supports the FFMPEG library and compatible with Windows, Mac & Linux operating systems.
- The spectral density rulers of the program allow the auto fitting of time
- It has ultra-fast signal processing by using several threads to process audio
- Users can adjust the spectral density range of the program
- Users can't see the codec names and the audio signal parameters
- It's licensed under an obsolete GPLv3 license
The above list covers all the possible best audio recorders for PC in Windows 10/8/7. One could use any of the mentioned applications based on the requirements.
Among those audio recorders, EaseUS RecExperts is close to a perfect solution. It offers you a simple interface so that you can easily use any of its functions. You cannot miss such excellent audio and screen recorder!
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author