Table of Contents
7 Best Alternatives to Audacity | Record Audio on PC/Mac
Audacity is an open-source and cross-platform program to record audio tracks and edit them on Windows, Mac, and other operating systems. If you want to apply different features, try some alternatives to Audacity.
Here, in this article, you see the 7 best tools that are similar to Audacity. Also, it includes the introductions on alternatives' features. Generally, you can use one of them to record and edit audio.
Top 7 Audacity Alternatives on Windows and Mac:
- EaseUS RecExperts (Windows/macOS) ★★★
- Adobe Audition (Windows/macOS)
- OBS Studio (Windows/macOS)
- QuickTime Player (macOS)
- Ocenaudio (Windows/macOS)
- Wavosaur (Windows)
- AudioDope (Windows)
7 Best Alternatives to Audacity to Record Sound on Windows/Mac
Here, you see seven audio recorders that are similar to Audacity. Check the features listed to ensure that these tools are suitable for your requirements.
EaseUS RecExperts is famous for its screen recording feature. It's also a streaming audio recorder to deal with audio from the system and external like the microphone. It allows capturing the screen and audio simultaneously or separately. There're also many options when recording the audio. For example, it can record game with audio.
Also, choosing the bitrate and sampling rate of audio is accessible. Apart from the audio capturing function, you can use it to capture a webcam. Look at more functions within this tool.
Main features of this beneficial audio recorder:
- Record desktop audio and microphone sound easily
- Allow to split the recording audio automatically
- Choose the output format for audio, including MP3, AAC, WAV, etc.
- Record Whatsapp video call and some online meetings
- Hide mouse cursor when recording
Download this best Audacity alternative and start capturing your sound right now. For Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
This is a simple guide to record audio on Windows, using the alternative to Audacity, EaseUS RecExperts.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExperts, and you can choose one of the four main functions on the main screen. Here you need to click on "Audio".
Step 2. You can select the sound source by clicking on the bottom left button. It supports recording system sound, microphone voice, and both of them. The settings in "Options" helps you to adjust the volume.
Step 3. Click on the "REC" button to start recording. When you want to finish recording, click on the red square icon to stop it.
Step 4. An audio player will pop up automatically, and you can view the recorded audio or trim it with a built-in tool.
To capture audio on Mac, follow this related article. Find the best substitute for Audacity on Mac.
How to record audio on Mac with ease?
Whether you want to record system or external sounds, try the best audio recorder to help with that!
Adobe Audition is a comprehensive tool to create, mix, and edit audio tracks. Like Audacity, this tool can also enrich your audio recording with various features. With a simple interface, you deal with your audio tracks easily.
One of its functions is to reduce the noise when capturing. It helps to remove some noise or background sound, to produce a high-quality project. Some other features are in the below part.
- Mix, record, and edit audio with various tools
- Select the podcast template to capture a podcast
- Record game audio effectively
- Expensive for the advanced functions
- Some terminology can be confusing
OBS Studio is open-source software that allows you to record, edit, and mix audio. It is set to capture the system audio and the external one, such as the microphone sound. However, there is a limitation for Mac users as OBS Studio cannot capture desktop audio directly. So, you need another tool to overcome that.
The most benefit of this tool is its advanced settings. Like the settings of Audacity, you are allowed to choose the bitrate of video and audio. Also, changing the hotkeys of some operations is possible.
- Some hidden options in advanced settings
- Complete functions to deal with audio and video
- Record Webex meeting and other online discussions
- Complex interface
- Hard for beginners to mix audio
As a default tool on Mac, QuickTime Player offers abilities to capture screen, audio, and webcam. Similar to Audacity, you can use the Audio Recording function to deal with the external sound. While it's limited in capturing the desktop audio.
Besides, it provides you with the screen capturing function to record screen with audio on Mac. You can use it for presentations, online meetings, and other discussions. Overall, it's a functional screen and audio recorder.
- Capture screen and audio on Mac easily
- Simple interface for a starter
- Record PowerPoint presentation with audio and video Mac
- Only a few formats for the output audio
- Cannot deal with system voice
To find alternatives to Audacity on Windows and other operating systems, Ocenaudio is your choice. As the cross-platform software, it offers functions to edit and record audio tracks with ease.
There're some options when capturing the audio, including setting the sample rate, channels, and resolution. Also, the showing time of this tool helps analyze the duration of your audio functionally.
- Suitable for Mac and Windows users
- Easy to operate functions
- Simple interface
- Limited editing functions for audio
- Quality can be affected sometimes
The sixth substitute for Audacity is Wavosaur that allows you to edit, process, and record audio. This audio recorder and editor is very functional as it can produce sound loops and various converting sounds. It's helpful for sound design and mainly deals with formats like .wav and .mp3. Below is an image.
- Allow capturing the soundcard input
- Export the audio format in .mp3
- Stop, play, and record audio
- The functional interface is hard to understand
- Not suitable for Mac users
This tool is famous for its audio editing functions, while it can also record sound. You can select the input of your audio recording, including CD, microphone, and stereo Mixer. To start capturing audio, go to the Control option.
Also, you can select the sample rate and channels in terms of the audio stream. From the toolbar, there are other options like viewing and controlling the audio. Try it to find more options.
- Capture audio from many sources like the microphone
- Allow using the hotkey to start the mission (CTLR+R)
- Advanced settings for the audio
- Not for Mac computer
- Difficult for common users
In this post, you learn the 7 best Audacity alternatives and the related operations. You can use one of them to record or edit your audio. For Mac users, choose QuickTime Player or OBS Studio. EaseUS RecExperts can be the first choice if you are a Windows user. Now, start your mission!
FAQs About Alternatives to Audacity
To know more information about the substitutes for Audacity, follow this part.
1. Is Audacity the best free software?
Audacity is one of the best audio recorders. However, some tools are similar to Audacity and can also be considered the best, including the Adobe Audition, OBS Studio, EaseUS RecExperts, etc.
2. Is there a better program than Audacity?
Audacity is a powerful audio recorder and editor. For some aspects, some tools can be better than Audacity. If you are a beginner, try tools that have simple interfaces like EaseUS RecExperts which meets all the basic needs.
Was This Page Helpful?