Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
GIF, known as Graphics Interchange Format, got high popularity since its publishing in 1987. To make use of GIF images anytime, many users save GIF photos on their computer, USB or external hard drive, iPhone, or Android phone.
However, when you lost them, what will you do? On this page, you'll get a satisfying answer.
Like other types of files, GIF images are also vulnerable to get lost due to accidental deleting, formatting, erasing, or missing on the computer, external storage devices, or mobile phones.
Therefore, most GIF users who lost a GIF file may have the same question as listed here:
- Question: How do I recover a deleted GIF file?
- Answer: Turn to GIF image recovery solution for help.
In the next part, you'll learn what to do after lost or deleted GIF photos, which will help you minimize the loss to the biggest extent.
When you lost GIF, PNG, JPEG, etc., images, or other types of files, do as what the tips suggested here:
- 1. Stop using the device where you deleted or lost GIF photos.
- 2. Don't save any new files in the folder, location, or device where you saved the GIF images.
- 3. Pick a suitable method to recover GIF photos.
How to Recover? Turn to 4 GIF Image Recovery Methods for help:
- Editors Pick:
- If you deleted GIF on the computer, try Recycle Bin first.
- If you lost GIF photos on a USB/external hard drive or iPhone/Android phone, turn to GIF image recovery software. It's the easiest and most effective method.
Mostly, when you deleted a GIF image from your computer desktop folder or an internal hard drive volume, the removed file will be recycled into the Recycle Bin automatically.
In this case, it's pretty easy to recover deleted GIF photos from Recycle Bin:
Step 1. Double-click the Recycle Bin icon to open it.
Step 2. Find and right-click the deleted GIF image, select "Restore".
Step 3. Check the GIF file in its original location on your computer.
The ways to recover deleted GIF photos on computer/external storage devices, iPhone, and Android phones are different.
Follow the right method that suits you the most and follow to bring back the lost GIF photos immediately.
#1. GIF Image Recovery on PC/External Storage Devices
When the Recycle Bin method doesn't find your GIF images, or you lost GIF on an external storage device like a USB flash drive, professional GIF image recovery software should be your next way out.
Here, we would like to recommend you try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Its advanced image recovery and repair features simplify the process of GIF image recovery.
Step 1. Choose the location and start scanning
Select the device location from which you want to recover photos, then click "Scan".
Step 2. Select the photos you want to recover
Wait until the scanning completes, then select the photos you want to recover. To locate the pictures faster, click "Filter" > "Pictures" > Check tree view on the left side (The results will list Pictures only. ) or type file extension on the search box.
Step 3. Recover photos
Click "Recover" and choose a location on another hard drive to save the recovered photos.
Some mobile phone users would like to save GIF images on their phones to share with their friends anywhere. So how to recover GIF photos on a mobile phone? Check the next two tips for help.
#2. GIF Recovery on iPhone
Either it is a photo or a GIF image file, when you lost them on your iPhone, you can restore it on your own. To restore deleted GIF images on your iPhone, you'll need to turn to GIF recovery software - like EaseUS MobiSaver for help.
You may also interest: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on iPhone.
#3. Recover GIF Photos from Android Phone
Being similar to iPhone, many Android users also love saving GIF images on their mobile phones. When they happen to delete the GIF images, you can also turn to an Android data recovery software to bring back all lost GIFs.
Here, EaseUS MobiSaver for Android is capable of helping. Let's see how to recover deleted GIF photos from your Android phone now:
You may also interest: How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android Phone.
Note that creating a backup of important data can also save you from file loss disasters. If you didn't create a backup, stop here. Revert to Method 1 and Method 2 for help.
If you indeed have created backups of the lost GIF files on your computer or iPhone/Android phone, here are the steps that you can follow.
# Recover from Windows Backup
- 1. Go to "Settings" > "Update & security".
- 2. Click "Backup" > More options > Click "Restore files from a current backup".
- 3. Click "Browse for files" to find the GIF images from your backup, click "Restore".
- 4. Then the GIF images will be restored to its original location.
Wait for the restoring process to complete, you'll get the lost GIF images.
# Recover from iPhone iCloud Backup
- EaseUS Option: Recover deleted GIF photos from iCloud backup with EaseUS MobiSaver.
- Apple Option: Reset iPhone and restore from iCloud backup.
Note that the Apple iCloud recovery option will erase all current data on your iPhone. Make sure that you back up all files before restoring.
Source from: https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/restore-or-set-up-your-ios-or-ipados-device-mm7e756df7fd/icloud
- 1. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset".
- 2. Tap "Erase All Content and Settings" to reset your iPhone.
- 3. Set up your iPhone and choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" on the Apps & Data screen.
- 4. Sign in with your Apple ID and tap "Choose backup".
- 5. Select the most recent iCloud backup to restore your iPhone.
# Recover from Android Google Drive Backup
- 1. Go to Settings on your phone and tap the "Backup & Reset" option.
- 2. Select "Back up my data."
- 3. Return to the "Backup & Reset" option to check if your Google account is connected to your Backup account.
- 4. Log in to your Google account and go to "Backup & Restore".
- 5. Tap "Automatic Restore" to restore lost GIF to your phone.
The last method that you may try is to recover the deleted GIF photos from its previous versions.
Step 1. Right-click the folder where you saved the lost GIF images and select "Properties".
Step 2. Go to the Previous Versions tab, find the previous editions of the folder.
Step 3. Select a date before you deleted the GIF image and click "Restore".
After this, your lost GIF images are back and you can make use of them on your computer now.
Your Lost GIF Images Are Recoverable, Go and Bring Back Your Photos Now
When you deleted or lost GIF photos, don't worry. They are recoverable. The provided 4 ways as shown above are all helpful.
Editor's Recommendation: For the easiest and most effective method, always take EaseUS GIF image recovery software as your first choice.
Also, after restoring the lost GIF photos, don't forget to back up them immediately.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More