Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
How can I recover deleted files from my pen drive? Don't worry if you lost or deleted files from a pen drive. Here, on this page, you'll get a complete guide to recover data from a pen drive in 2 efficient ways:
|Two Ways||EaseUS Pen Drive Recovery Software||CMD Command|
Your Reliable Tips: If your pen drive data get lost by deletion or virus attack, professional data recovery software in Method 1 is a better choice. As to recover hidden files, the CMD in Method 2 can help you with it.
Causes of Pen Drive Data Loss
Pen drive, being small, portable, and lightweight, pen drives are widely used to store files and transfer data between devices. However, there's also much data loss that happens on pen drives quite frequently.
To recover deleted files from pen drive, you may want to find the causes of pen drive file loss:
- Accidental deletion
- Virus attack
- File system becoming RAW
- Files are hidden.
- To guarantee successful data recovery, you must prevent lost data from being overwritten by new content.
- Thus, stop using your pen drive once file loss happens and perform pen drive recovery immediately.
Luckily, with the help of advanced pen drive data recovery software and CMD, you can recover data from a pen drive on your own.
Method 1. How to Recover Files from Pen Drive with Software
It is simple, reliable, and efficient to recover pen drive data lost due to deletion, formatting, and virus attack, etc. with third-party pen drive recovery software. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is reliable in pen drive data recovery.
Check what can EaseUS pen drive recovery software do for you:
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Recover deleted pen drive files, documents, photos, audio, music, emails, etc.
- Recover deleted files from recycle bin, pen drive/flash drive, memory card, digital camera, and more.
- Recover pen drive data lost due to deletion, formatting, drive corruption, virus attack, OS crash, etc.
Download it now and follow the steps below to recover deleted files from your pen drive in minutes:
Step 1. Connect the Target Pen Drive to Computer
Connect your pen drive to the computer and run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Choose your pen drive and click the Scan button.
Step 2. Scan the Pen Drive and Preview Files
After the scanning finished, all your lost files will show up in the scan results. Use the Filter function to quickly filter a file type and preview the files before recovery.
Step 3. Recover and Save Lost Files
Click the Recover button to save the selected files to a secure location on your PC or another external storage device.
Video Tutorial: How to Use EaseUS Pen Drive Recovery Software
Here is a video tutorial showing you how to use EaseUS Data Recovery to find back lost files. You can also follow it to undelete your pen drive data.
Method 2. How to Recover Data from Pen Drive Using CMD
Sometimes, when your pen drive is corrupted or gets empty, the files will disappear. These missing files are hidden not lost. CMD can help to recover data from a pen drive when the files are hidden from your device.
Here are the detailed steps of using CMD to recover hidden data from your pen drive:
Step 1. Connect the pen drive to your computer.
Step 2. Click "Start", select "Search" and enter cmd.
Step 3. Right-click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator".
Step 4. In Command Prompt, type attrib –h –r –s /s /d e:*.* and hit "Enter".
- The "-h" option is used to clear the hidden attribute.
- The "-r" option to clear the read-only attribute.
- The "-s" option to clear the system attribute.
- The "/d" attrib option includes directories, not only files, to whatever you're executing. You can only use /d with /s.
- The part "e:" means the drive letter of your pen drive. Replace it with your own drive letter.
Step 5. Wait patiently, when the process completes, type exit and hit "Enter".
After this, your pen drive data will show up in its original location on your drive. And you can make use of them again.
Here Is What to Do after Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive
After restoring deleted files, we suggest you save your files to another drive instead of the original pen drive. And here are some pen drive protection tips that we would like to share with you.
Tips on What to Do after Pen Drive Data Recovery:
- #1. Format the pen drive to a suitable format - FAT32 or NTFS. Read Also: Best USB Formatter.
- #2. Create a backup of important pen drive files regularly.
Your files are in danger as any false operation may cause data loss. To safeguard your files, you can back up your pen drive data by using free backup software, syncing to cloud storage, or using Copy & Paste. For a secure way out, third-party backup software like EaseUS Todo Backup is a good choice.
- #3. Run antivirus regularly to keep your PC and pen drive safely.
Your Deleted Pen Drive Files Are Important, Restore Them Immediately
On this page, we explained the causes of your pen drive loss issue and collected two reliable ways for pen drive data recovery - using third-party software or CMD.
- Method 1: Pen drive recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard enables you to recover deleted/formatted data in only 3 steps. It's a perfect beginners' tool.
- Method 2: CMD - you can retrieve hidden files from your device.
Note that as long as your pen drive files matters, take action and recover deleted files from your pen drive immediately.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More