Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
About Blank SD Card Error
Blank SD card issue with the error message "SD card blank or have some unsupported filesystem" happen to users now and then because SD card is corrupted, damaged or the card contains unknown or unwanted folders belongs to other applications which are not currently installed on your mobile.
And when you click to check this error, it will give you another warning saying: "Are you sure you want to format SD card?" When it happens, you might be confused about how to fix blank SD card without losing data. You know, formatting will erase all the files on the card. Here, to help you solve this problem, we would like to introduce you a reliable blank SD card recovery solution. It will show you how to fix blank SD card and recover data in several simple steps.
Blank SD Card and Recovery: How to Fix Blank SD Card Error Without Losing Data
1. Check Whether the Blank SD Card Can Be Recognized by Your PC
When blank SD card error happens on your mobile phone or tablet, remove your SD card and plug it into the computer to see if the card can still be read. If so, the error might happen because the card had a file system which is unsupported by your mobile device. Then you need to back up SD card data and then format it with the FAT32 file system.
2. Fix Blank SD Card Error Using chkdsk
If your SD card failed to be read by your PC in step 1, it might be damaged or corrupted, then go to step 2 - fix blank SD card error using chkdsk which is the most popular way to fix damaged SD card Here's the guide.
- Running chkdsk can hopefully fix SD card blank issue, however, it can also result in total data loss. So, perform data recovery in advance, and then continue with the CMD method.
- Connect blank SD card with PC via card reader and make sure it is detected by the machine.
- Run CMD as administrator, and input chkdsk n: /f(n is the drive letter of the blank SD card) to fix errors.
- Put the SD card back to the phone and check whether the card works fine after that.
EaseUS CleanGenius is a user-friendly computer fixing tool that is both safe and lightweight. It's a perfect alternative to CHKDSK command. Use this one-click tool to fix the damaged file system easily.
Step 1. DOWNLOAD EaseUS CleanGenius on your computer and complete the installation.
Step 2. Run the software. Click "Optimization", and then choose "File Showing" .
Step 3. Select the drive with a corrupted file system. Tick the "Check and fix file system error" option and click "Execute".
Step 4. Wait the tool performs the repairing task. After that, click the "View" button to check the drive.
3. Perform a Blank SD Card Recovery to Recover Data Using EaseUS File Recovery Software
Sometimes, you will fail to fix blank SD card error using chkdsk in some particular situation. When it happens, try the last solution for SD card data recovery - recover data from blank SD card using EaseUS file recovery software. It is the easiest and most efficient way to retrieve data in a blank SD card.
At the very beginning, download and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard by clicking the button below. And then, follow the step-by-step guides about blank SD card data recovery.
Step 1. Select SD card to scan
- Downoad and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your Windows PC.
- Use the proper way to connect your SD card to the computer. Let Windows recognize the card and assign it a drive letter.
- Launch EaseUS SD card recovery software. All connected drives will display here. Select your SD card according to its drive letter under the Devices section. Click "Scan" to start finding lost data on your SD card.
Step 2. Check for scan results
After the scanning process, you can click "Filter" and specify one or several file types to show up, like Pictures, Word, Excel, PDF, Videos and so on. This will help you quickly find wanted files of one kind.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- After the scan, you can check and preview found files by double-clicking each one of them.
- Choose desired files and click Recover.
- Choose a different location to save the recovered files instead of the orginal SD card.
Video tutorial of how to recover data from blank SD card
4. Format and Fix Blank SD Card for Reuse
After restoring all your files from the blank SD card, you can format the SD card to fix blank SD card error. It will make the card available for reuse. Usually, it can be done quickly within simple steps. But sometimes, you might encounter SD card won't format error for some particular reasons. When it occurs, we recommend you to try EaseUS free partition software, a free disk management tool with powerful format feature to fix the error.
After reading this post, we believe you can fix the blank SD card for reuse. Remeber to use EaseUS data recovery software to restore data from SD card to aviod data loss.
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More