Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Can I easily retrieve lost or deleted files from a 3TB hard disk? Are the methods different from restoring data from a 1TB hard drive, 2TB HDD/SSD, etc.?
Find out how to recover data from a 3TB hard drive with 5 different ways in Windows 10/8/7:
Follow to recover files from different 3TB disks after formatting, deleting, or the disk has RAW, etc., errors.
Chance of Data Recovery from 3TB Disk
How many chances do I have to recover data from a 3TB hard drive? Mostly, it depends on how did you lose data and whether you've used the hard disk after data loss.
Let's check how many chances do you have to recover data from a 3TB, 2TB, 1TB hard drive, or even smaller storage devices:
Chances of data recovery on if you've saved new data to the disk:
- Yes - 0.5% or even 0% success rate
- No - 99%+ success rate
Chances of data recovery on how you lost data:
- Deleting or formatting - 99%+ success rate
- Missing or hidden - 99% success rate
- Virus infection - 89% success rate
- Disk corruption or inaccessible - 99% success rate
- From the chances of data recovery, it's obvious that you stop using the device to guarantee a higher success rate of restoring lost files.
- It will be easier to recover the lost data if you handle the disk properly.
5 Solution for 3TB Hard Drive Recovery & Data Recovery Costs
In this part, we collected and compared 5 methods of 3TB hard drive data recovery. Find out the most suitable way and follow to bring back your lost files now:
|5 Methods||Pros & Cons||Hard Hrive Recovery Cost|
|3TB Hard Drive Recovery Software||
||$20-$500, or even higher|
|Show Hidden Files||
|Data Recovery Services||
||$500 - $2000, or even higher|
For the easiest and most effective 3TB hard drive recovery solution, take hard drive recovery software for help. It takes a reasonable price but works to restore files from all types of data loss errors.
So how to restore files from a 3TB HDD? Pick the most suitable method and follow its step-by-step guide to recover your lost disk data now.
Supported OS: Windows & macOS
According to most big hard disk users, they are easy to lose files due to deletion, formatting, disk corruption, and file transfer interruption.
Most professionals reply that reliable hard disk data recovery software can save your time and energy in restoring a big number of data. Here, EaseUS hard drive recovery software can help.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Recover deleted files from recycle bin, formatted data, etc
- Recover data from inaccessible, corrupted, unreadable, even dead hard drive.
- Recover data from multiple storage devices, 3TB/2TB/1TB HDD or SSD, external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, cameras, etc.
- Recover files from a dead laptop hard drive.
Follow the 3-step guide below, you can bring back all files from the hard disk:
Step 1. Select and scan hard drive.
On EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, select the drive where you lose your data and click "Scan". Wait patiently until this program finishes the scanning, it will find all your lost data on the drive.
Step 2. Find and preview found files on the selected drive.
Check "Deleted Files", "Lost Files" or use "Filter", "Search" to find the lost files on the selected hard drive. You can double-click to open and check the found files.
Step 3. Recover and save lost hard drive data.
Select all found lost hard drive files, click "Recover" and browse another secure location to save them. Click "OK" to confirm and finish the recovery process.
Note: If your files were lost due to raw or inaccessible partition, virus-infected or dead drive, save the recovered data to another secure device to avoid further data loss.
Supported OS: Windows
Note that if you simply deleted files from your local 3TB hard drive, mostly, the data will be recycled into the Recycle Bin. And you can directly bring back all the files from the Recycle Bin:
Step 1. Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on the Desktop.
Step 2. Locate and right-click the deleted file(s) or folder(s) on your 3TB hard drive.
Step 3. Click "Restore".
Or go "Manage" on the top pane and click "Restore the selected items" to restore the deleted files from Recycle Bin.
If your files were not recycled or permanently deleted from Recycle Bin, or deleted files on Mac try the next methods:
Supported OS: Windows
If your files were set to hide on the 3TB hard drive, and they are currently missing, you can follow the steps below to bring back all the hidden files:
Step 1. Press Windows + E keys to open Windows File Explorer.
Step 2. Select the 3TB hard drive volume and click "View" > "Option" on the top pane.
Step 3. On the File Explorer Options window, go to the View tab, click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" under the Hidden files and folders section.
Step 4. Click "Apply" and "OK".
After this, the files that were set to hide will show up on your 3TB hard drive.
For Mac users, see also:
Is it possible to find hidden files on a Mac hard drive? The answer is YES. Just follow the provided methods to show the hidden files on your Mac or external storage devices.
Supported OS: Windows
If you've created a Windows backup of important data on the 3TB hard drive, congratulations. You can follow steps here to restore the lost 3TB hard drive:
Step 1. Go to Settings, click "Update & security" and select "Backup".
Step 2. Click "More options" and scroll down to click "Restore files from a current backup".
Step 3. Search by name to find the files or folder you deleted from the 3TB hard drive.
Step 4. Select the lost files and click "Restore".
After this, the selected files will be resotred to their original locations on your computer. You can open and use them on your com
Supported OS: Windows & Mac
If you've tried all the above methods, but none of them worked, here is the last option for you to try. Professional data recovery service can get your data out of all complex data loss issues.
Do You Need Specialized Data Recovery Services? Here, you can turn to EaseUS Data Recovery Service for help.
- 1. Repair corrupted RAID structure, unbootable Windows OS and corrupted virtual disk file (.vmdk, .vhd, .vhdx, etc.)
- 2. Recover/repair lost partition and re-partitioned drive
- 3. Unformat hard drive and repair raw drive(Bitlocker encrypted drive)
You May Also Interest In - More About 3TB Hard Drive Recovery
1. Data Recovery Software vs Local Recovery Service, Which Is Better
If you don't know which method to pick, 3TB hard drive recovery software or data recovery service to pick? Watch this video, you'll learn which suits you better:
2. Does Windows 10 Supports 3TB Hard Drives
Yes, Windows 10 supports 3TB and even bigger hard drives for data storage and OS installation.
Note that, if you tend to use the 3TB hard drive as a data disk, initialize the disk to GPT. It's because GPT supports 2TB and even bigger disk while MBR only supports 2TB disks.
If you want to install Windows 10 on a 3TB disk, make sure that your computer supports UEFI boot mode.
3. 3TB Hard Drive Only Shows 2TB
When the 3TB hard drive only shows as 2TB on the computer, it could be two reasons:
- You only used 2TB of space to create partitions.
- Your 3TB disk is of MBR partition style which blocks the reset 1TB from showing up.
To fix this issue, you can follow:
3TB hard drive only shows 2TB, or 3TB HDD not showing full capacity issue happens to a lot of users. Follow to break the 2TB limit on your 3TB hard drive and make use of all disk space here.
3TB Hard Drive Recovery Can Be Easy and Enjoyable, Take EaseUS Software for a Try
On this page, we listed the chance of data recovery on a 3TB hard drive due to different operations. And we also collected 5 methods for 3TB hard drive recovery. Which method to pick?
- Here is Editor's Pick:
- 1. Recycle Bin for simply deleted files.
- 2. Turn to EaseUS hard drive recovery software for all types of data loss issues.
- 1. Stop using the 3TB hard drive when you lost or deleted files on it.
- 2. To take care of all your valuable data, creating an instant hard drive backup is also a wise choice.
- 3. 3TB hard drive recovery can be easy and enjoyable. For an efficient way out, take EaseUS software for a try.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More