I cannot figure out how to prevent files from being removed from a networked folder. Spreadsheets and other Office documents are included in the folder and must be generated, edited, and saved by several users from numerous clients without being erased.
Dany· Answered on Jan 30, 2023
Windows gives new files and folders the default permissions when they are created. If you want to deny users to delete files or folders, you should change the permissions:
1. To change users' rights, right-click the file or folder you wish to change them for, choose "Properties", and then select the "Security" tab.
2. The Permissions for Object dialog box will appear when you click "Edit".
3. Click "Add" to configure permissions for a group or user whose name does not already show in the "Group or user names" section. Click "OK" after entering the name of the user or group you wish to provide access. Click the group or user to alter or delete permissions for that entity.
3. Select the "Allow" or "Refuse" and check the Permissions for "User or Group" box to grant or deny permission. Click "Remove" to eliminate the group or user from the "Group or user names" box.
1. On a PC running Windows 11, and Windows 10, start the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Click "Scan" after selecting the storage location or disk partition where the deleted data was stored.
2. Then, the scanning will start, and all the deleted files will show up while scanning. You can choose the files during the scanning.
3. The last thing to do is click the "Recover" button to get back the files you choose.
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
Quickly Delete Massive File Structure on Windows Server 2012
Normally, the deletion of large files takes a long time. Your computer needs to confirm and analyze the data, which will take time. The methods below may help you quickly delete massive files structure on Windows Server 2012.
Jan 10, 2023
Can't Delete PDF Files from A Shared Folder, What Can I Do
Shift + Delete can be used to delete PDF files or directories permanently. If you still can't remove PDF files on a Windows server, read how to force delete a PDF file that won't be deleted on your Windows PC.
Jan 10, 2023
How to Fix 'Can't Delete a File on Windows Server' Issue
It will sometimes happen that you cannot access or delete a specific file suddenly. We think the methods below will help you get out of this situation, and you can have a try.
Jan 11, 2023
How to Prevent Deletion of Files from External Hard Drive
It is often happening that someone wants to borrow your external hard drive for some reason. It is pretty easy to lose files, and we will tell you how to protect your files on your external hard drive.
Jan 13, 2023