My Microsoft Excel suddenly stopped working on my Mac. I can't start the applications to open Excel documents. I updated the software and that hasn't solved the problem. Any ideas on what could be causing Excel won't open and how I could fix it?
Dany· Answered on Feb 22, 2023
Many users have reported the same conundrum that Excel won't open on Windows 10 computers. The Excel not opening issue will prevent people from using Excel to do statistical calculations, process data, VBA programming, etc.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has a good reputation in the file repairing field. It supports fixing damaged Microsoft files and PDF documents quickly and efficiently.
If you can't open Microsoft Excel and don't know how to solve the problem, check out this tutorial and learn the causes and feasible solutions. Apart from that, learn how to repair corrupted Excel with an effective corrupted file repair tool.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, then search the drive for damaged files. With the use of this program, you can easily repair Word, Excel, PPT, and PDF files that have been damaged.
Step 2. All lost and damaged files will be searched for using the EaseUS data recovery and repair program. You may use the search box to enter the file name or use the file type filter to discover the target files.
Step 3. Your damaged Excel documents may be automatically repaired by using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Click Recover to save the fixed Word, Excel, and PDF document files to a secure location after file preview.
2. Repair Microsoft Office. Repairing Office can fix Excel not opening issues resulting from corrupted Excel programs.
3. Open Excel in Safe Mode. You can run Excel in safe mode to exclude the problem of the software itself. When you run Excel in safe mode, it bypasses functionality and settings such as alternative startup location, changed toolbars, and Excel add-ins.
4. Uncheck the ignore DDE box. There is an option in Excel named 'Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)'. If you enable this feature in Excel, Microsoft Excel won't open when your double-click to run it.
5. Disable Add-ins in Excel. Add-ins may interfere or conflict with Excel. You can try to fix Excel won't open or Excel not responding issue by turning off add-ins.
6. Install the latest MS Office version. Some older versions of the Microsoft Office software may have bugs and problems that cause Excel not to open.
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
What Can You Do to Fix Microsoft Word 2010 Won't Open
You can try disabling add-ins in Word, repairing Office installation, fixing corrupted Word documents with a file repair program, etc., if you are experiencing Microsoft Word won't open issues on Windows 10. To resolve the Word won't open problem, refer to this post.
Mar 10, 2023
Fix 'Your File History Drive Was Disconnected for Too Long' [4 Fixed]
The Windows 10 error: Reconnect your drive. Your File History drive was disconnected for too long. Reconnect it and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files, which may arise for uncertain reasons. Follow the solutions in this article to fix the problem and restore lost files.
Mar 09, 2023
How to Turn on AutoSave in Word 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019
How to turn on AutoSave in Word to back up Word documents automatically? You can learn how to turn on AutoSave in Word on Windows 10 in this article. Besides, a useful way to recover lost Word documents is still covered here.
Feb 27, 2023
Recover Permanently Deleted Word Documents on Windows 11/10
Don't know how to recover deleted Word documents on your computer? In this passage, we will discuss all the tested methods to help you undelete the important Word document.
Mar 09, 2023
How to Fix PowerPoint Stop Working Error on Windows
What to do if PowerPoint is not working? It is a frustrating thing that your work PPT can not respond, freeze, or corrupted for unknown reasons. Take it easy. In this article, we are going to provide some reliable solutions to save your PowerPoint. Still here and get your best approach now.
Feb 22, 2023
Windows 10 Recycle Bin Missing | How to Restore It
The Recycle Bin on Windows 10 is a special folder, it can save your unwanted files and folders temporarily. With the Recycle Bin, you can easily recover files. We are going to show you how to restore the disappeared Recycle Bin.
Feb 27, 2023