The following error message appeared when I booted my computer and attempted to access my secondary drive - There is no formatting on the disk in drive D. Do you wish to format it at this time? Since there was information there that I wanted to keep, of course, I clicked no. I later discovered it to be in RAW format. How can I convert it to NTFS without destroying my data?
Dany· Answered on Mar 09, 2023
If you don't want to format your hard drive because you have some data on it and you want to keep them, you can try the following methods to covert RAW to NTFS without formatting. But before your formatting, it is better to rescue data from your RAW hard drive with professional RAW recovery software.
Do you know which software you should choose? With so many recovery tools to apply, we will pick the suitable one for you - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. You will only need three steps to recover the lost data from your RAW drive or partition.
1. To search for the missing data from your RAW drive, you can just choose it from the drives list and click "Scan." Select "Lost Partition" and click "Scan" to start a general scan of the RAW drive if the RAW partition's label is no longer recognized.
2. All of the files on the RAW hard disk will be visible after the scan is finished. Look through these files to identify the ones you want to recover. The scanned data can be sorted by file format, or you can use the "Search files or folders" box to conduct a direct search.
3. To recover all of the data, select every file and choose "Recover." Click "OK" to begin RAW drive recovery and choose a different internal or external hard drive to save the recovered data.
After retrieving data from your RAW hard drive, we can start to convert the RAW hard drive to NTFS. Here are three available methods:
1. Using CMD to convert RAW to NTFS format without formatting. You will use the Diskpart command and remember to run CMD as an Administrator.
2. If the first method is not working for you, you can try to convert the RAW drive to NTFS with Disk Management. You can go to Disk Management and right-click on the hard drive, and then you should choose "Format".
3. If Disk Management is too complex for you, you can try to find a disk/partition manager to help you convert the hard drive from RAW to NTFS.
We hope the methods and the software we recommend are helpful enough!
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
Hard Drive Partition Recovery [RAW Hard Drive Recovery]
We will help you recover data from this RAW partition on your internal hard drive, and also provide solutions to convert this RAW
Feb 22, 2023
Hard Drive Says It's Full but Can't Find Large Files
Some reasons may cause the hard drive suddenly be full. We will list some reasons and tell you how to fix this problem. If you deleted something important accidentally, you could recover them with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Mar 09, 2023
How to Recover Data from Corrupted 200GB RAW Western Digital Drive
Suppose your computer detected your hard drive as RAW format and shows no data. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will help you solve this problem and recover data from your hard drives efficiently and easily.
Apr 11, 2023
Hard Drive Partition Recovery: Restore RAW Partition
It is possible to recover data from a hard drive. Have you ever wondered how to recover data from a hard drive, especially if your contents were accidentally deleted, formatted, or otherwise removed? Check the answers below to learn how to recover hard disks easily.
Mar 10, 2023
How to Fix Accessing a Bad Sector Cause Hard Drive Freeze and Shutdown
When scanning the hard drive with bad sectors, the computer is easily stuck or freezes. You can try a third-party tool to scan this hard drive and recover data from it. We will introduce a suitable solution for you.
Feb 22, 2023