While installing Windows on my computer, I accidentally clean the whole C drive. After cleaning, I noticed that the entire hard drive had been cleaned and that 498 GB of the 500 GB had been set aside for use. Can I recover my data from the C drive?
Dany· Answered on Dec 27, 2022
When you accidentally clean the C drive on your computer while installing Windows, the C drive shows that most of the space is suddenly unallocated. There are two things you need to do to fix your problem and you can rescue data from the C drive and then recreate the partition on your C drive. Let us start HDD unallocated space data recovery first:
1. Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Start the program and scan the whole C drive. You can choose a quick scan or a deep scan.
2. The Filter feature will help you find the lost files by type, including pictures, videos, Words, PPTs, and PDFs...
3. Select and preview the lost files, then you can get them back by clicking "Recover".
After recovering lost files from your C drive, you can start to recreate partitions on your hard drive:
1. Right-click the empty space on the disk or external storage device in Disk Management.
2. After the menu shows up, you can choose the first option - New Simple Volume.
3. Set the drive letter, new file system (NTFS), and partition size. To finish establishing a new partition, click "Finish". You can repeat the steps above to create the new partitions on your PC or laptop.
If you want to restore the original partitions and data from your C drive, you can find and download a partition recovery program to recover the lost data. You should find an expert to fix the issue if you cannot recover the data and partitions by yourself.
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
Recover Data from Reformatted Laptop Hard Drive
When your laptop cannot boot or after reinstallation Windows operating system, is there a way to restore all the data？ The answer is yes! You can recover data with professional data recovery software or with Windows built-in utility.
Dec 20, 2022
Recover Lost Art Files on Hard Disk
When your hard drive is acting weird, you should stop using it and back up all the data on it. When your art files are lost already, you can apply a data recovery tool to help you recover all your art files.
Dec 22, 2022
My Local Computer Got Formatted and Lost Data
Although your laptop is encrypted with Bitlocker, you can still retrieve the data from your laptop's hard disk if you remember the Bitlocker password. We will show you how to recover data with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Dec 21, 2022
Lost Files After Moving and Undoing on Windows 8
Lost some files by pressing the Control and Z keys? Don't worry too much! You can recover Ctrl + Z lost files with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Dec 23, 2022
Recover Data from an Unformatted Drive
Are you trying to find a way to recover data from a laptop without a Windows operating system? You will need a portable data recovery tool to help you, keep reading, and we will tell you how to recover data from your unformatted hard drive.
Dec 21, 2022
Can't Recover Any Data After Formatting a SSD by Mistake
Are you looking for a way to recover all the data from your SSD that you accidentally formatted?
Dec 21, 2022