Windows Server Application Migration Guide: Migrate Applications to New Windows Server 2019/2016/2012
Applies to migrate Windows Server applications between old and new Windows servers, such as from Windows Server 2012 to 2019, 2016 to 2019, 2012 to 2016, etc. The provided Windows Server application migration program also works to transfer C drive installed program and application to other drives.
Can Windows Server 2012 Application Be Upgraded or Migrated to 2016?
"Hi, can I upgrade my Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016 and migrate all my installed applications to the new Server system? Is it possible to migrate the installed applications from the old Windows Server to a new server computer? Does anyone know how to transfer Windows Server installed applications?"
When you upgrade Windows Server to a new version or migrate Windows Server data to another new Windows Server computer, what concerns you the most besides data? Installed applications, software, and programs should be one of your top concerned factors, right?
As we all know that some Windows Server applications require reinstallation and license re-activation if you switch Windows Server computers or upgrade to a newer Windows Server version. It's time-consuming to downloading, reinstalling, and reactivating software and applications on the new Windows Server computer. So, is there a better way that can upgrade Windows Server necessary applications to a new version or a new server machine without reinstallation?
Yes, with a reliable Windows Server application migration program, all your concerned issues will be efficiently resolved. You can directly move installed programs from an old Windows Server computer to a new one.
Easiest Windows Server Application Migration Program Recommend - EaseUS Todo PCTrans
As a matter of fact, if you search "Windows Server application migration"，"Migrate Windows Server application", or "Transfer installed Windows Server applications to a new machine" online, you won't get much helpful information. One reason is that Windows Server application transferring is difficult. And the other reason is that many recommended application migration tool cannot really transfer installed programs to another server computer or another new drive.
Fortunately, all these problems get resolved with the release of Windows PC transfer software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans Technician. This software is designed to transfer data, applications, and even account settings on Windows Server computers.
You may want to know what makes EaseUS Todo PCTrans Technician an outstanding Windows Server migration tool, right? Here are some optimal features that may ease your doubts swiftly:
- Multi-Transfer Modes: PC to PC, Application Migration, and Backup & Restore modes enable Windows Server users to flexibly migrate files, applications, software, etc., between old and new computers.
- Migrate Most Must-Have Applications: It supports to migrate most must-have applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe software, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Chrome, Skype, TeamViewer, and more.
- Flexible Migration: Windows Server users can flexibly transfer data, files, installed applications between server computers via PC to PC and Backup & Restore modes.
- Latest Windows Server Supported: It's fully compatible with the latest Windows Server 2019. You can transfer programs from the old Windows Server machine to the latest Windows Server 2019.
Besides the above features, EaseUS Todo PCTrans Technician also contains two highlighted functions that can satisfy most Windows Server users needs:
- Transfer from old Windows Server to new Windows Server, such as from Windows Server 2016 to 2019, 2012 to 2016, 2008 to 2016, etc.
- Transfer from 32 bit Windows Server to 64bit Windows Server.
How-to Tutorial: Migrate Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008/2003 Applications
So you may want to know how to migrate Windows Server applications from old to new computers. Follow the tutorials below to start transferring applications between Windows Servers with ease:
Tutorial 1 - Migrate Application from Old Windows Server to New Windows Server
Works to: migrate applications, data, and even settings from old Windows Server computers via the network connection.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
3. Set the transfer direction - "Transfer from this PC to other PC" and click "OK" to continue.
Step 3. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. Click "Edit" on the application section, then you can open up the application list.
Then you can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Finish" to confirm.
At last, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
Tutorial 2 - Transfer Installed Windows Server Application to New Server Machine without Network
Works to: transfer installed applications between Windows Server computers without network.
Step 1. Create a backup file.
1. Connect your USB (flash) drive/external hard drive to your source computer. Launch Todo PCTrans, click "Backup & Restore > Start" on the main screen.
2. Select "Data Backup" to move on.
3. Click "Edit" at Applications, User Accounts, and Files columns to choose the specific data, applications, etc. to create a backup file.
Step 2. Recover via the created backup file.
1. Plugin your USB drive which stores the created backup file to the target PC and open EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Click "Backup & Restore > Start > Data Restore".
2. Click "Browse" to locate the Image file. Then, choose "Restore" and go to the next step.
3. Now, you can select Applications/Files/Accounts you want to restore.
Or you can click the "Edit" button to choose the specific data to be transferred flexibly. Click "Finish" to confirm. Besides, you can also click the edit icon > "Submit" to change the target path to recover and save the files.
Tutorial 3 - Transfer Installed Windows Server Programs from C Drive to Other Drive
Wors to: migrate C: drive installed applications to other drives without reinstallation, re-activation; No boot issue.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.