How to Transfer AVG Internet Security Subscription to New Computer
How to transfer AVG Internet Security from one computer to another?
"My old computer died, and I purchased a replacement, how do I transfer my Internet Security from my old computer to my new computer? I tried ringing the support phone number but got a recorded message that the number was not in service."
Like what bothers the user above, you may also have questions on how to transfer AVG from one computer to another when you decide to change to a new PC. There is a traditional manual way to help you move AVG Internet Security by:
Uninstalling AVG Internet Security from old Windows > Installing AVG Internet Security on new computer > Activating AVG Internet Security on Windows.
But it's not as simple as it looks because of the activation problem. If you don't want to have any activation issues, or you don't want to waste time in uninstalling and re-installing, here comes an automated workaround by using EaseUS PC transfer software. You can use this program to migrate AVG Internet Security or Free from one PC to another or from one drive to another most quickly and directly.
How to Transfer AVG Internet Security from One Computer to Another
EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows you to move data, applications, and account from one computer to another in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. For antivirus transfer, it automatically migrates the apps and logged-in accounts with the subscription. And no manual activation is required.
Before you start to transfer your AVG to a new computer, you can better understand the three transfer modes of this product first.
- PC to PC: It allows you to effortlessly clone and move installed programs and software to a new computer without reinstallation, such as transfer Microsoft Office from one laptop to another.
- Image Transfer: If your network connection is not stable, try to create an image of a program and transfer to another computer with a USB or external storage device.
- App Migration: You can save your C drive space by moving installed programs to other partitions (e.g., transfer from C drive to D drive) or even an external storage device without reinstallation.
Now, download and launch EaseUS PC Transfer software on both of your computers, then learn how to transfer AVG Internet Security subscription from one computer to another.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
1. Install and launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both old and new PCs. On the source computer, click "PC to PC" on the main screen.
Step 2. Connect two PCs
Connect to target PC, input the account password, or verification code of the target PC.
Step 3. Select Antivirus software to transfer to another PC
1. On the Application section, click "Edit" and select the desired antivirus software like AVG, Avast or Avira that you want to transfer to the new PC
2. After selecting antivirus software, click "Finish" to confirm and click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
As mentioned before, this PC data transfer tool also enables you to move applications from one drive to another. If you need to move AVG from one drive to another partition or disk, use the App Migration to achieve goal efficiently.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.