How to migrate data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 7
I have a 3 years old Laptop running Windows XP Professional 32 bit. I bought a new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. I want to migrate the files and as many programs as possible from the XP machine to the Windows 7 machine. Is there any program can do it?
The answer is Yes. This article is to demonstrate a way to migrate data or programs from a Windows XP computer to a Windows 7 computer using EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro.
As a free application and data migration software, EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro can easily migrate data (Including music, documents, videos, photos, etc.) and applications along with their settings from Windows XP to Windows 7/8/10 or from 32-bit Windows XP to 64-bit Windows 7/8/10.
Transfer data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 7 with Todo PCTrans Pro
The video tutorial of migrating data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 7
Step 1. Select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both computers.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and choose "PC to PC". (The "PC to PC" feature transfer files based on the network connection. If your PCs are not on the same LAN, choose "Backup and Restore" instead.)
- Ensure your PCs meet the requirements of network-based transfer and click "Continue".
Step 2. Connect the two computers.
- Connect to the target PC, then input the account password or verification code of the target PC.
- Check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target PC.
- Specify the transfer direction and click "Connect".
Step 3. Choose the files you want to transfer.
- Hover on the "Files" option and click "Edit".
- Check the files you want to transfer.
- If you want to change the default storage path, click the "Edit" icon.
- Afterward, click "Finish".
Step 4. Transfer files between two different operating systems.
- After selecting the files, click “Transfer” to start the transfer process.
- When it has done, click “OK” and you can go to check the files on the target PC.
Besides data and programs migration from Windows XP to Windows 7, EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro also supports migrating data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 8/8.1, from Windows XP to Vista, from Windows 7 to Windows 7/8/8.1, from Windows 8 to Windows 8/8.1.
Back up your files and system state in case of data loss and system crash
EaseUS also provides free backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup Free to back up your files, system state, hard disk, partitions, outlook emails with comprehensive full/incremental/differential/schedule backup types to protect your computer and data and enables you to easily restore data and system to the original state when disaster happens.
Was This Page Helpful?
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.