How to Transfer Browser Bookmarks to Another Computer
Three ways to transfer browser bookmarks to another computer:
About the different ways of browser bookmarks transfer from one PC to another
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is responsible for the first two ways. The software's way of bookmarks transfer over two computers should follow two rules:
- The browser is not a default Windows browser, such as IE in Windows 7 and Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.
- The browser is on computer 1 but not on computer 2.
The third way is all about doing it yourself. It's time-consuming but with few restrictions. This manual way also applies to all Windows default browsers.
In a nutshell, all three manners are excellent choices when you want to sync your browser bookmarks on two computers, but the following information might help you better make the final decision.
- To transfer bookmarks to another computer nearby on the same LAN, go with the Network way.
- To transfer bookmarks to another computer at a long distance, for example, one is in the office while the other is at home, go with the latter two ways.
Guide: How to transfer browser bookmarks from PC to PC
Take Google Chrome as an example:
Step 1. Select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and click "PC to PC" on one of them.
Step 2. Connect the two PCs.
- Connect to the target PC, then input the account password or verification code of the target PC.
- Check the verification code on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target PC.
- Choose the transfer direction and click "Connect" to continue.
Step 3. Select Google Chrome to transfer.
- Hover on "Applications" and choose "Edit".
- In the list, choose browser such as Google Chrome and click "Finish".
Step 4. Transfer Google Chrome to another PC.
- Click "Transfer" to start transferring Google Chrome to another PC.
- Wait for the transfer process to finish and then click "OK".
Step 1: Download EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your PCs. You need a storage media to carry the image file, for example, a USB flash drive.
Step 2: Create an image file of the bookmarks you want to transfer with the "Image Transfer" feature to the external storage device.
Step 3: Copy the image file to the target PC.
Step 4: Recover the image file to your computer.
By doing so, you can also transfer your bookmarks from one PC to another.
The detailed operation on creating an HTML file and importing it to another computer depends on what browser you're using, and there should be a slight difference.
Step 1: Open your browser on computer 1 and find its own bookmarks manager.
Step 2: Find the path to export your existing bookmarks. This is usually saved in a file with HTML file format. Choose an external storage device to carry the HTML file.
Step 3: On computer 2, open the same browser and the bookmarks manager.
Step 4: Choose Import bookmarks this time, locate the HTML backup file on the flash drive and import.
That's a universal way to export and import browser bookmarks from one computer to another, and there is an in-depth guide for Google Chrome users to transfer Chrome bookmarks to a new computer.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.